Most Wins last 100 seasons

GwillMac6

5 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

That's a stunning post and belittles all the athletes that went before, "Corch". For a guy always running his mouth about being "old school" you'd probably be in a fetal position watching anything before Teddy Roosevelts ultimatum rules. 

I think you misinterpreted my post.  I was saying football isn't the same now as it was back 100 years ago.  Or even 20, 50, 75 years ago.   No one in today's society can relate to Yale and Princeton being football powerhouses. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I think you misinterpreted my post.  I was saying football isn't the same now as it was back 100 years ago.  Or even 20, 50, 75 years ago.   No one in today's society can relate to Yale and Princeton being football powerhouses. 

Good point....just at random I pulled the top 25 from 1935 and you will note that AU is ranked but look who else is. 

http://www.tiptop25.com/top25_1935.html

22 minutes ago, corchjay said:

But what u posted was nobody cares.

36 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Good point....just at random I pulled the top 25 from 1935 and you will note that AU is ranked but look who else is. 

Fordham always scared the crap out of me................back in the day

16 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

TY, Captain Obvious. My point was anyone can 'pick an era' for their own benefit.

You asked why they picked 1917. I replied because the poll was for 100 years. If you don't want Captain Obvious answers, don't pose 1st grade questions.

12 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

But what u posted was nobody cares.

I'm sure some historian some where does. However, the typical football fan probably doesn't care in the slightest about who won what 100 years ago.

On 12/11/2017 at 7:47 PM, aujeff11 said:

Clemson is too close... 

Its probably time that we start giving Clemson their deserved respect (not talking to you, Jeff). Some here still think that they are inferior to us. Even historically speaking, that's not true. 

12 hours ago, AU64 said:

The link has write up on a couple of big games from the year. I was very surprised to see SMU/TCU produced 677 yards of total offense and 42 first downs. I know Sammy Baugh was great but he attempted 43 passes in the game. I didn't know they ran any offenses that were that wide open back then. 

24 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Its probably time that we start giving Clemson their deserved respect (not talking to you, Jeff). Some here still think that they are inferior to us. Even historically speaking, that's not true. 

We still basically own the H2H series. 

What Dabo has done is very impressive. I won’t seek out a Clempson fan to praise their  program though. 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

We still basically own the H2H series. 

What Dabo has done is very impressive. I won’t seek out a Clempson fan to praise their  program though. 

I forgot you live over there. Am I remembering that right?

Good point on the H2H.

3 minutes ago, RHN1975 said:

The link has write up on a couple of big games from the year. I was very surprised to see SMU/TCU produced 677 yards of total offense and 42 first downs. I know Sammy Baugh was great but he attempted 43 passes in the game. I didn't know they ran any offenses that were that wide open back then. 

He was not known as "slinging Sammy Baugh" for  nothing. 

Y A Tittle of LSU.....In total, during his four year college career (44-47) Tittle set school passing records with 162 completions out of 330 attempts for 2,525 yards and 23 touchdowns.   ...about what a good college QB will do in a season now.

That might have been affected by the fact that he played both offense and defense.  He also scored seven touchdowns himself as a runner.[7] His passing totals remained unbroken until Bert Jones surpassed them in the 1970s.    His career stats over several seasons were less than a good college would produce and it was a record that held for 20 years.    Tittle became a legendary NFL QB and played 17 seasons.  

44 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'm sure some historian some where does. However, the typical football fan probably doesn't care in the slightest about who won what 100 years ago.

:-\

47 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Some posters here were alive 100 years ago. I think you should practice being more sensitive to that fact.

Golf, we care about you. 

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

:-\

I don't know...bird might have a point.....I don't "care" much who won any particular game after about 2 or 3 years....but as a historian, since I've lived a good percent of AU football history now, I'm usually interested in stuff like that.  Does that count? :dunno:

Just now, AU64 said:

I don't know...bird might have a point.....I don't "care" much who won any particular game after about 2 or 3 years....but as a historian, since I've lived a good percent of AU football history now, I'm usually interested in stuff like that.  Does that count? :dunno:

64, we care about you too.

Just now, Barnacle said:

Some posters here were alive 100 years ago. I think you should practice being more sensitive to that fact.

Golf, we care about you. 

No we don't!

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

64, we care about you too.

Thanks.....I saw my first Auburn football game in 1952 I think it was in Mobile....mostly I try to forget more AU games than I try to remember.

9 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I forgot you live over there. Am I remembering that right?

Good point on the H2H.

You may be thinking of AU64. I went to Myrtle Beach in 2013 ( tradition of my family to go to the beach during the first weekend of CFB.) There was a whole slew of Clemson fans at a sports bar and they were disgustingly obnoxious. They sang a Clemson song too much and at random times and wanted every single TV on the Clemson-UGA game.   I realize I was in Clemson territory and that the Clemson-UGA game was big, but they could’ve spared one out of 15 TVs for the muted Auburn- Washington State game. I ended up getting kicked out of the bar to say the least. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

You may be thinking of AU64. I went to Myrtle Beach in 2013 ( tradition of my family to go to the beach during the first weekend of CFB.) There was a whole slew of Clemson fans at a sports bar and they were disgustingly obnoxious. They sang a Clemson song too much and at random times and wanted every single TV on the Clemson-UGA game.   I realize I was in Clemson territory and that the Clemson-UGA game was big, but they could’ve spared one out of 15 TVs for the muted Auburn- Washington State game. I ended up getting kicked out of the bar to say the least. 

YES

This is what I was thinking of. haha

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

YES

Yeah I’ve told the story a couple times. That’s a good memory though. 

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

YES

I live surrounded by large and about equal numbers of Clemson, USCe and UNC-CH fans and they kind of nullify each other ...and mostly I just keep my mouth shut  :)  

Archived