2020 NR RB Deondre Jackson

au_bsci_04

Sooo, let me get this straight.  The earliest we could see Deondre on the field at AU would be 3 years from now?  As fickle as 18-yr olds are with their commits between the time they make them and signing day ... why would anyone in their right mind be ecstatic over a 15-yr old's "commit?"  smdh 

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

Sooo, let me get this straight.  The earliest we could see Deondre on the field at AU would be 3 years from now?  As fickle as 18-yr olds are with their commits between the time they make them and signing day ... why would anyone in their right mind be ecstatic over a 15-yr old's "commit?"  smdh 

Because roughly around 90% of made commitments stick.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fredst said:

And that, my friend, is why GWill is doing this, ?

Na. He'll do it just because he's awake.

Edited by ellitor
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

Yeah Joey Gatewood committed in 2015 and he’s been the mouthpiece of the 2018 class. You probably said the same thing about him 3 years ago too. 

Jay Boulware was, in my memory, the best special teams coach we've had at Auburn. Maybe Paul Davis was as good but he was also a former SEC head coach and was the d-coordinator at AU. I say hire Boulware if at all possible. If all he does is coach special teams, recruit a little and hang around the lounge playing video games he'll be the reason we won, or failed to lose, a game a year, maybe multiple games a year.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Yeah Joey Gatewood committed in 2015 and he’s been the mouthpiece of the 2018 class. You probably said the same thing about him 3 years ago too. 

Nope -- never said a word about Joey Gatewood.  However, I've always maintained only one absolute re recruiting exists:  a verbal commit 3 months or 3 years in advance of a recruit actually putting their signature down on paper & faxing in their offer is NOT binding.  Seen it (way) too many times before. 

1 minute ago, AUloggerhead said:

Nope -- never said a word about Joey Gatewood.  However, I've always maintained only one absolute re recruiting exists:  a verbal commit 3 months or 3 years in advance of a recruit actually putting their signature down on paper & faxing in their offer is NOT binding.  Seen it (way) too many times before. 

Thanks, Captain Obvious.  Might as well not even follow recruiting at all then, just show up on signing day and see what happens.  Who cares otherwise right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUloggerhead said:

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Because roughly around 90% of made commitments stick.

Evidence to this, in Gus's 4 full classes (14-17: 13 was Chiz then Gus) 90.5% of commits ended up signing with AU. 96 of 106.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fredst said:

And that, my friend, is why GWill is doing this, ain’t that right @GwillMac6?

7313D41D-FC45-45F9-91F1-6DC4ED451823.gif

ZaIyq.gif

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Well Dell appears to be a good on field coach as well & I haven't heard of him having a recruiting rock star personality either so may be worth the plunge if we can get him

Is it just a pipe dream that Dell is coming or what? I’m confused why I keep seeing his name even though I’ve seen nothing to suggest he wasn’t happy at UGA? 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Is it just a pipe dream that Dell is coming or what? I’m confused why I keep seeing his name even though I’ve seen nothing to suggest he wasn’t happy at UGA? 

We all just want him real bad because he is a Auburn alum was a analyst here in 2013 and is turning in to a great recruiter. He is only making 275k as well. We can give him a big raise and bring him home.

I don't think it's a pipe dream, but there is no indication at this time that he's going to be coaching at Auburn anytime in the near future.  He has a good job at a good program, but people see how good a job he's doing and start speculating on what he'd do in the event that "mama calls him home".

• Like 2

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

We all just want him real bad because he is a Auburn alum was a analyst here in 2013 and is turning in to a great recruiter. He is only making 275k as well. We can give him a big raise and bring him home.

Sounds like a great fit. So we are trying to bring him home right?

• Thanks 1

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Sounds like a great fit. So we are trying to bring him home right?

I sure hope so! He is by far georgia's best recruiter right now and honestly one of the best in the country. I hope Gus is putting the full court press on.

4 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

but there is no indication at this time that he's going to be coaching at Auburn anytime in the near future. 

Guess I’ll stash those dreams along with having T-Rob, Kevin Green, Will Herring, and Rocker coaching Auburn as well. One of these days we are going to have one helluva coaching staff. 

• Like 1

Guess I’ll stash those dreams along with having T-Rob, Kevin Green, Will Herring, and Rocker coaching Auburn as well. One of these days we are going to have one helluva coaching staff. 

Rocker just accepted a position on Jeremy Pruitt's staff at Tennessee.  Is Will Herring coaching now? 

Just now, triangletiger said:

Rocker just accepted a position on Jeremy Pruitt's staff at Tennessee.  Is Will Herring coaching now? 

Probably not. Haven’t heard much about what he’s doing lately.

2 hours ago, metafour said:

Thanks, Captain Obvious.  Might as well not even follow recruiting at all then, just show up on signing day and see what happens.  Who cares otherwise right?

Pretty much.  I like watching actual football games.  If recruiting 15-yr olds excites you ... to each his own. 

6 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

Pretty much.  I like watching actual football games.  If recruiting 15-yr olds excites you ... to each his own. 

I think he’s speaking to the necessity of recruiting these HS recruits early, not  to the entertainment of it. If they want to commit early, I see no reason why we cannot let them. It doesn’t hurt us in any way if they decommit. 

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Is it just a pipe dream that Dell is coming or what? I’m confused why I keep seeing his name

Answered that this morning...

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I’ve seen nothing to suggest he wasn’t happy at UGA?

He doesn't have to be unhappy at UGA to be willing to come home to AU.

Edited by ellitor

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

We've already had 2 of them.