2018 3* CB Roger McCreary Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Sooo this Roger McCreary cat looks pretty athletic. Could be a steal in the class if we land him.

I have seen claims that McCreary has interest/offers from UAT and other P-5 programs. Is there any truth to that? I thought we were the only ones in on him.

18 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Nice legs for a gif.

The follow through showed that she needs to stop missing leg day. 

13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I have seen claims that McCreary has interest/offers from UAT and other P-5 programs. Is there any truth to that? I thought we were the only ones in on him.

Yes and I thought it was put in the 1st or 2nd post of the thread that he had real interest from Bama & the Vols.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

The follow through showed that she needs to stop missing leg day. 

Hey @aujeff11 not sure you saw this last night due to all the other activity in the thread since you posted last night but here ya go man :cheers:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

I propose a maximum allowance of one Rick Flair gif per week placed on Ellitor and Gwill. Those things are stale.

Blasphemy! The GOAT is never stale. Right @GwillMac6?!?! And next time spell his name right. It's Ric Flair.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Nobody seems very excited about him......so I'm wondering if the AU offer is some kind of plot.....we show interest in a guy that nobody has noticed......and immediately bama jumps in to show interest too....and maybe "steals" or flips him away....and maybe waste a scholly?  :-\

Edited by AU64

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Hey @aujeff11 not sure you saw this last night due to all the other activity in the thread since you posted last night but here ya go man :cheers:

I actually tried it and you’re right regarding some prospects. However, go to Wolk’s CB page and tell me how to discern who he picked for Brock Purdy without having to do math. When the CB percentage is split up like 65-35, it’s harder to tell.

Edited by aujeff11

25 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I actually tried it and you’re right regarding some prospects. However, go to Wolk’s CB page and tell me how to discern who he picked for Brock Purdy without having to do math. When the CB percentage is split up like 65-35, it’s harder to tell.

Knowing from twitter Bama offered Purdy a day or 2 ago & Memphis was 100% on his pick graph a few days ago & seeing it's now 57% for Bama it's easy to deduce Ben & others picked Bama.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Knowing from twitter Bama offered Purdy a day or 2 ago & Memphis was 100% on his pick graph a few days ago & seeing it's now 57% for Bama it's easy to deduce Ben & others picked Bama.

I didn’t know this.  Okay.  

Ok now I understand...I got to the recruiting forum seeing that this thread is "Hot" expecting there is some pertinent news and there is none.

20 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Ok now I understand...I got to the recruiting forum seeing that this thread is "Hot" expecting there is some pertinent news and there is none.

Hot just refers to a lot of posts in a short time frame.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Blasphemy! The GOAT is never stale. Right @GwillMac6?!?! And next time spell his name right. It's Ric Flair.

I propose sumterAubie only gets to post 1 time a week if he is going to have that kind of attitude. Not knowing how to spell RIC FLAIR is the final straw............

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Change of plans for Auburn DB target Roger McCreary

For a moment, it looked like in-state defensive back target Roger McCreary would commit on his official visit last weekend.

He spent last-minute time with coach Gus Malzahn in his office, often an indication of a commitment, but it didn’t happen. Whether that decision was on Auburn’s end or McCreary’s side is unknown at this time. Still, the Tigers finished the weekend as the team to beat. First, however, McCreary wanted to take his official visits to Alabama and Tennessee.

According to McCreary, neither of those official visits will take place anymore.

The Mobile, Ala., cornerback was scheduled to officially visit Alabama this coming weekend. He was going to officially visit Tennessee the following weekend. McCreary expected to make a college decision soon after that visit.

After family discussions, McCreary decided not to take official visits to two schools who hadn’t offered him yet. He has added two new programs to the mix, ones he mentioned after leaving his Auburn official visit last weekend.

McCreary will go to North Carolina State next weekend when he originally planned to visit Tennessee. That’s the only other official visit he has in place right now. However, Duke offered him a scholarship on Thursday, and McCreary needed to receive that offer before considering a visit there. Now that the Blue Devils have offered, McCreary has been in contact with that staff about officially visiting the final weekend of the cycle.

These offers by the ACC schools don’t change much for Auburn. McCreary is likely to end up in the Tigers’ class over those programs if Auburn wants to add him. It’s possible Auburn works to close this recruitment in a hurry, which would negate those visits elsewhere. It’s also possible the Tigers let it play out to see what the cornerback outlook is like following the final official visit weekend.

Defensive coordinator Kevin Steele went to see McCreary earlier this week. Auburn’s message hasn’t shifted since his official visit.

“They still want me; I’m still they’re guy and they’re still going to be in contact,” McCreary told SEC Country.

E's Take: This is one of the few times I'll give out a %. I say AU 65% & rising. The only reason it's not higher is  the long shot AU can do something with Elaijah Griffin & not knowing if someone like Joseph Foucha is higher on the board,  a guy that can play CB or S, especially with Fuqua's shoulder injury.

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

Do we have his measurable s? 

His height & weight are on any of his profiles on the recruiting sites if that is what you mean by measurables..

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

His height & weight are on any of his profiles on the recruiting sites if that is what you mean by measurables..

Haha, I didn't want to have to look those up but I guess I will. Thanks

• Thanks 1