Pettway Out for Peach Bowl

PigskinPat

1 hour ago, CAS15 said:

This has nothing to do with Pettway but does anyone know anything about KD? I noticed he was still in auburn after getting kicked off the team. Y’all think he was just finishing the semester and plans on transferring this semester? 

Most likely the case. There might be a possibility that if he corrects some things he might could comeback through the walk-on route and work his way back. That is just a hunch not backed by any info at all.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/13/2017 at 2:28 PM, WarEagle1983 said:

Just a feeling but i think we've seen the last of KP at Auburn. If so, i certainly wish him the best.

Certainly not a surprise to me. Felt this way after it was stated he wasn't going to play in the SEC Championship game. I have no knowledge to the extent of his injury but i always felt like he could've played in the SECCG esp. with KJ clearly not being 100%. After it was decided he wouldn't play i considered that a wrap for KP's career at Auburn. The rumors have been there for a while...esp. as it got closer to anticipating a possible return from his injury.

Who knows if it has more to do with the injury and/ or something else. I personally think it's more of the latter and Gus doing him a huge favor in keeping him on the team. I'm a little surprised it was let out in the article that he's not welcomed to team events b/c i felt that way before the bowl game. I follow him on IG and his snaps and he rarely had contact with the team like previously. Of course, social media is only a snapshot but when he did show times he was around the team it was videos/snaps of him taking treatment at the facility. Of course i'm only stating my opinion like many others but i feel like Gus is really helping KP out in allowing him to stay and likely participate in AU's pro day so KP can help his family. I'm often tough on Gus the coach but never Gus the man. I'd be very shocked if KP returned to Auburn.

1 hour ago, AidiAU said:

Anyone want to fill me in on Brad Lester thing? His trolling skills make me laugh.

I asked in some thread if he got his crap together could he come back. No one had a great answer...he still follows his teammates on social and hangs out with Sal.

He was my football man crush so I’m all about him coming back, if possible as long as he’s not a distraction to the team. 

EDIT: I didn’t realize there was a recent story on Brad - I thought it was referencing his time at AU. ???

Yeah KD and sal seem to be good friends. I’ve seen where he was in the athletic dorms one night on IG but Idk if he’s still living in there. I feel the same way about KD, I’d love to have back as long as it doesn’t hurt the team.

14 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Many in the in the AU Family (well at least on FB) have declared him guilty already. I'll wait until all the information is out before forming an opinion on that issue.

It is a story we'll all be interested in but it could turn out not being as bad as these charges sound. I hope it's not..

Just now, alexava said:

It is a story we'll all be interested in but it could turn out not being as bad as these charges sound. I hope it's not..

Agree. That's why i'm waiting. I read what the papers wrote but i'd like to have more background than just the papers. 

5 minutes ago, CAS15 said:

Yeah KD and sal seem to be good friends. I’ve seen where he was in the athletic dorms one night on IG but Idk if he’s still living in there. I feel the same way about KD, I’d love to have back as long as it doesn’t hurt the team.

KD still has some maturing to do IMO. 

1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Agree. That's why i'm waiting. I read what the papers wrote but i'd like to have more background than just the papers. 

Zero details. 

14 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

My suggestion is why don’t we cut this young man who has given a lot of himself to Auburn some well deserved slack. It makes no difference why he is not going. Personally he probably feels bad that he won’t be able to play and hasn’t played for a while so he might feel Uncomfortable being there with the team. He doesn’t want to be the story instead of allowing his team mates to be the story. I am sure that he will move on and test the waters of the NFL. I think if he works at it like Peyton Barber he could do just as well. That would allow him to provide for his family. He got his degree so he should be fine. Let’s just be proud of the sacrifice he made for Auburn and wish him well in the future. I for one will be glad to see him playing on Sundays. WDE KP

You support your team no matter what if you can. I don't think KP is the type of person to just skip out on a trip to go support his team if he could do so. Yes he may have made some mistakes but i don' think he would do that no matter how he feels. He celebrated the Bama and UGA victories in the locker room just like all the other guys. Those guys are brothers no matter what and they support one another no matter what. Just like Sean and KD have been doing. 

just thinking its really not the injury...it goes a lot more deeper than that....could be rule violation being a yrs suspension, who knows funny its being keep so quiet..Now, being his senior yr coming up why turn pro when you've been injured a whole yr...if it was me i'd come back...just thinking its something a lot more serious especially if he entrs the nfl undrafted free agent...

KP just posted on IG. Screenshot of GM article debunking the rumors about him not wanting to be around the team (or how ever it was worded). On IGstories he basically did the same thing and then said “ppl wants facts, not he said she said.”  

I paraphrased the above. 

I also commented and asked if this was his way of announcing he’ll be back for next year. ???

edit: Holland, Jalen Harris, and Malik Willis like it...at least those three ain’t mad. ??‍♀️

9 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Many in the in the AU Family (well at least on FB) have declared him guilty already. I'll wait until all the information is out before forming an opinion on that issue.

I have learned to ignore everyone who comments on the posts on Facebook.  Most of those people know absolutely nothing.  For example, when the news about Pettway broke yesterday, everyone was bashing Gus for not letting him play.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

I have learned to ignore everyone who comments on the posts on Facebook.  Most of those people know absolutely nothing.  For example, when the news about Pettway broke yesterday, everyone was bashing Gus for not letting him play.

That they were...blaming Gus. I don't "debate" with the crowd on FB. It's just always interesting to view their comments related to AU football b/c they are usually very clueless. 

12 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Nah I think he’ll be back on the team next year 

I’ve seen no precedent of Gus allowing anybody back on the team.

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I've seen no indication he was ever off the team.

5 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I guess that depends on how one defines "off the team". Jovon Robinson, Duke, Kyle Davis and Sean White come immediately to mind as guys that were suspended or possibly put off the team for several games and then got back on the field. It's hard to know what a kid's exact situation is when it comes to disciplinary matters.

There's another rumor floating around that Pettway is working through a six-game suspension but how accurate that is I can't guess.

7 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

That precedent was set with TE Ricky Parks. Was kicked off the team, left, and came back only to be kicked off again... But parks sets the precedent of a player recruited by Gus, kicked off the team by Gus, and allowed back by Gus.

Not saying Kyle Davis will be allowed back, but a player being removed and allowed back has happened under Gus.

35 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Not saying Kyle Davis will be allowed back, but a player being removed and allowed back has happened under Gus.

I forgot about him. Parks blown second chance may be a reason why Gus doesn’t invite booted players back. 

Archived