Peach Bowl Press Conference

RunInRed

-- Mentions winning an 11th game would be the 7th time in program history is a great opportunity

-- On injuries: "I think guys are healing up. We've not practiced yet." Will practice Friday.

-- Kamryn Pettway will not play in the bowl game. Discussion to come with Malzahn about his future. Won't say for certain whether Pettway intends to return or go pro.

-- On the 10th assistant coach: "I do have a good idea what we're looking for." Not ready to say what role the position.

-- Offensive line coach Herb Hand, whose contract is up Jan. 1, will be back.

-- On Kodi Burns and Travis Williams, whose contracts are also up in January: "We're going to do everything we can to keep our guys."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/12/live_updates_gus_malzahn_press_peach_bowl_invite.html#incart_river_index

I think he will have a million to spend on his coaches raises. That would put us up with the top teams. If we can pay 7 million a year for the HC then we ought to be able to afford equal that for the soon to be 9 other coaches.

2 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Offensive line coach Herb Hand, whose contract is up Jan. 1, will be back.

Good news!

7 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I think he will have a million to spend on his coaches raises. That would put us up with the top teams. If we can pay 7 million a year for the HC then we ought to be able to afford equal that for the soon to be 9 other coaches.

Yes he needs to buy Coach Steele a steak dinner also.

13 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Yes he needs to buy Coach Steele a steak dinner also.

and not from waffle house either!

Archived