Bama Recruiting

GwillMac6

geeeeeez bama how many corners are y'all taking this class?!?!? can we please get some of these to go with tutt?! lol

10 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I can't remember the last time Bama didn't have the #1 recruiting class, much less not even a top 5 class. Times are a changin..... 

It's nowhere near over yet. Their average per commit grade is 5 & they aren't close to being done yet.

22 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I can't remember the last time Bama didn't have the #1 recruiting class, much less not even a top 5 class. Times are a changin..... 

I think Bama coaches read this & decided to pull a Cam on Clay Matthews from Sunday...Oh yeah. Watch this.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I think Bama coaches read this & decided to pull a Cam on Clay Matthews from Sunday...Oh yeah. Watch this.

I never said they wouldn't have a great class. But it won't be as good as years past even if all their commitments sign 

16 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I never said they wouldn't have a great class. But it won't be as good as years past even if all their commitments sign 

Actually in grade per recruit they are in striking distance of having their typical grade average per recruit level of 93 or better depending how they finish.. Their average per recruit right now is #2 behind tOSU.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I thought we can haz all the Nigerian kids??? That guy looks like a beast.

I'm not going to celebrate bama slightly dipping in the recruiting rankings, especially when one of the main reasons for their success over the years is the head coach at our other big rival- also a flagship school, only in an extremely talent-rich state and with no meaningful in-state competition- now. 

52 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm not going to celebrate bama slightly dipping in the recruiting rankings, especially when one of the main reasons for their success over the years is the head coach at our other big rival- also a flagship school, only in an extremely talent-rich state and with no meaningful in-state competition- now. 

Yep - I can't enjoy watching UAT sheer off a little in recruiting while watching Kirby/UGA absolutely killing it.  Kinda like looking at the final four in December, and seeing your top two rivals perched up there knowing we dominated them both in November.  Nauseating.

On 12/16/2017 at 2:19 PM, GwillMac6 said:

geeeeeez bama how many corners are y'all taking this class?!?!? can we please get some of these to go with tutt?! lol

That's always been part of bama's recruiting strategy. Stockpile our biggest area of need. It used to be linebackers, now it's DBs.

• 1 month later...

MAN if chiz had dance moves like these we would of got lattimore back in the day! lol DANCE OFF BETWEEN THE HEAD BALL COACH AND SABAN PLEASE! haha

I believe it was Eddie Smith the guy who posted this video and got this. SHOCKER!! he is only a three star! lol you would of thought it would had to be a 5 star recruit!! I know I did when I first saw this! haha

Nick Saban can have fun. We swear!

The father of cornerback recruit Eddie Smith posted a video Saturday night of the Alabama coach doing the “Cupid Shuffle.” And Saban’s got moves.

Look at him go.

View photos

(via Eddie Smith’s Facebook)

He’s a little confused as to what to do with his hands. But that’s understandable. There’s not much room in that space to go crazy with your arms.

View photos

(via Eddie Smith’s Facebook)

Smith is a three-star prospect from Louisiana and is drawing interest from multiple SEC schools, including (obviously) Alabama. As one of the few players who is unsigned heading into National Signing Day on Feb. 7, Saban isn’t the only coach working hard to secure Smith’s services. We’ll see if any other coach tries to one-up Saban with a different dance in the last days before NSD.

I have to say, these coaches are getting fabulously wealthy doing what they do but.... I’m glad I don’t have to dance like a minstrel for some damn 18 year old to keep my job, lol

2 hours ago, fredst said:

I have to say, these coaches are getting fabulously wealthy doing what they do but.... I’m glad I don’t have to dance like a minstrel for some damn 18 year old to keep my job, lol

It really is an unsavory pursuit. 

3 hours ago, fredst said:

Was just about to post something similar. I suppose the coaches get their "payback" for demeaning themselves during the "de-recruitment" process

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Was just about to post something similar. I suppose the coaches get their "payback" for demeaning themselves during the "de-recruitment" process

You better believe if this kid signs, he will be paying for his dad posting that video for a long time.

Well, saw that a 4* QB was down to Princeton and bama....and took Princeton.   Should be interesting to hear the bammers explanation for that.  

Of course mostly the fact the he could into Princeton and then picked them over bama  validated in my mind that the kid truly has a good head on his shoulders. 

• 2 months later...

OMGSH NOOOOOOOO WAY a daphne trojan commits to bama?! SHOOOOOOOOCKED! At least we will always have Reggie Hunt! lol

• 2 weeks later...

>:(

Starting to look like, after last year's showing, Saban told the REC that they better get back to work or he's going to pull some of their perks. 

I still think we are learning that Kirby may have had more to do with the success of bama recruiting that Saban.  We'll see when this years classes pan out.

• 9 months later...

So how many can bama sign?  ....rivals shows 28 already and saw that five or six guys will make their choice on ESPN on Wed and all have bama on their final list.  How can that be? 

18 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So how many can bama sign?

28-30.

19 minutes ago, AU64 said:

How can that be?

Part of it is they have at least 1 commit they have derecruited & not taking. They may have more than 1 in that category.

34 minutes ago, AU64 said:

saw that five or six guys will make their choice on ESPN on Wed and all have bama on their final list. 

Bama is a real factor in only 1 of those. The rest they are a hat on the table.

Archived