All Things Final Spots in the 2018 Class

aujeff11

2 hours ago, thaitopher said:

No kidding. Why can't Stanford go after Alabama or Georgia's targets instead?

Believe it or not, Stanford does have academic limits to what kind of players it can sign.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dabrasco said:

Schwartz

Goss

Franklin

Gouraige

Ford

If we manage to haul those in on our last 5 my jimmy might wiggle...lol.

On 12/17/2017 at 2:29 PM, ellitor said:

For now I'll go

Benjie
Nate Watson
Richard Gouraige
Schwartz
Best available OL or DB.

I'm assuming at this point that Goss is that "best available OL".  I like a 6'7" OT and I'd rather have an OT than an OG (unless of course that OG was gonna be Trey Hill).  With our OT depth, I am hoping that he will have a few years to fill out his frame and become a mauler!

With that said, this is a good finish!  We missed out on a few I was hoping for, but we have some I am really excited about too!

20 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I'm assuming at this point that Goss is that "best available OL"

Not yet. I posted somewhere else today that Carvin in next man up time wise because he is an EE & signing this week.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Not yet. I posted somewhere else today that Carvin in next man up time wise because he is an EE & signing this week.

I’ve heard very little on Carvin. All I know is that he is a guy that AU and MSSt liked.  3* and he projects as an OT, right?

Any other important info at this time? (Other than he is currently next man up)

and as always, thanks for the info E!!!

This is a very weird and interesting class. No 5 star top end elite talent. hell only 1 commit is in the top 100 BUT we arguably have the deepest class gus has ever had. A LOT of 4 stars in 14. If only a few more had been top 100 this could of been a top 5 class. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is a very weird and interesting class. No 5 star top end elite talent. hell only 1 commit is in the top 100 BUT we arguably have the deepest class gus has ever had. A LOT of 4 stars in 14. If only a few more had been top 100 this could of been a top 5 class. 

Appears to be a weaker finish than usual as well. Last 5 isn’t very strong. What is Goss? Top 600?

10 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Appears to be a weaker finish than usual as well. Last 5 isn’t very strong. What is Goss? Top 600?

https://247sports.com/player/jalen-goss-46037275 870.......... woof lol. Last year would of not been a great close either if we did not pull big cat out of the fire. He was our only 4 star commit who committed after Iggy did in november. 

13 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Just really hoping for schwartz!!! I really love his speed so I hope he keeps trending for us and announces for us at the UA game. That will be our big cherry on top for the class. WOOOO!!!!!! 

https://247sports.com/player/jalen-goss-46037275 870.......... woof lol. Last year would of not been a great close either if we did not pull big cat out of the fire. He was our only 4 star commit who committed after Iggy did in november. 

I can’t complain about pulling the big cat. I for one didn’t think we would.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

I can’t complain about pulling the big cat. I for one didn’t think we would.

Me either. We def got that one at the 11th hour. 

Just really hoping for schwartz!!! I really love his speed so I hope he keeps trending for us and announces for us at the UA game. That will be our big cherry on top for the class. WOOOO!!!!!! 

I’ll take Schwartz all day long. Florida will be a threat until he signs though. Wish we could get him in the fold sooner than that. 

28 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I’ve heard very little on Carvin. All I know is that he is a guy that AU and MSSt liked.  3* and he projects as an OT, right?

Any other important info at this time? (Other than he is currently next man up)

and as always, thanks for the info E!!!

1. Yes
2. Nothing other than it's been a wild recruitment & it's between AU, Miss St, & the Vols.

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Goss will surprise people. His better imo then a lot of so call experts say

He's better then his rating plus he could make some huge improvements technically and body shape I'd much rather bring someone in 30 pounds under weight then 30 pounds over.  

On 12/17/2017 at 1:04 PM, GwillMac6 said:

they stole ryan johnson out from under us last year at st pauls. SOMETHING I AM STILL FUMING about a year later. That one hurt fam. they have 1 recruiter with connections to alabama pulling this off. THEY OWN MOBILE!!! lol

Who is the coach with connections in Mobile?

3 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Who is the coach with connections in Mobile?

It was lance taylor. alabama is his alma mater. So he lovedsticking it to us. He was lead recruiter for ryan johnson and when jack west west committed. I am suprised they have kept it up after he left to go to the carolina panthers.

27 minutes ago, CAS15 said:

I just saw where tre threat is transferring. Does this open up another scholarship?

Under the total 85 limit yes. Under the 25 yearly limit no.

56 minutes ago, CAS15 said:

I just saw where tre threat is transferring. Does this open up another scholarship?

Not surprised.

Archived