All Things Final Spots in the 2018 Class

aujeff11

If Oladele is the 20th commitment, let’s play predict the finish:

Goss

Schwartz

Bengie

Nate Watson

Andres Fox.

Fills depth and does the job even if they’re not recruiting world beaters.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I was about to do a thread on the last 5 in the class but Jeff already has a post relevent to it so he's batting lead off.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

So I was about to do a thread on the last 5 in the class but Jeff already has a post relevent to it so he's batting lead off.

You da real MVP!

Gouraige (I think we'll work some magic here)
Franklin
Schwartz
Walker (just a feeling)
Watson

If Walker isn't in, I think Fox gets added to the fold.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

If Oladele is the 20th commitment, let’s play predict the finish:

Goss

Schwartz

Bengie

Nate Watson

Andres Fox.

Fills depth and does the job even if they’re not recruiting world beaters.

Just give me Schwartz and that juco stud corner and all the rest would be gravy for me. my biggest want is luke ford but yah not going to get my hopes up.

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

For now I'll go

Benjie
Nate Watson
Richard Gouraige
Schwartz
Best available OL or DB.

So no Fox or Walker, E?  And I would love another CB or OT but not sure there's a good choice left.

19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

For now I'll go

Benjie
Nate Watson
Richard Gouraige
Schwartz
Best available OL or DB.

I’d be real happy if this were how we finished 

Just now, CR said:

So no Fox or Walker, E?  And I would love another CB or OT but not sure there's a good choice left.

Just not sure how great the need is for another DT in Fox. Plus I have a gut feeling he picks Stanford. On Walker it's hard to flip a Bama commit when they really want him. Also the Bams feel good about keeping him.

Doeesn't have to be an OT. Could be an OG. And there are some OL out there.. Jeff noted 1 in Goss. Florida commits William Barnes & Montilus may be in play as well. Lastly the staff wanted 4 OL minimum in the class & only have 2 right now.

So Stanford could end up with a top QB(West) and a top DLineman from Alabama. Impressive by them to pull that off.

Just now, CR said:

So Stanford could end up with a top QB(West) and a top DLineman from Alabama. Impressive by them to pull that off.

They don't lose battles often. If they offer a kid then they know they have a good shot.

4 minutes ago, CR said:

they stole ryan johnson out from under us last year at st pauls. SOMETHING I AM STILL FUMING about a year later. That one hurt fam. they have 1 recruiter with connections to alabama pulling this off. THEY OWN MOBILE!!! lol

29 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Just give me Schwartz and that juco stud corner and all the rest would be gravy for me. my biggest want is luke ford but yah not going to get my hopes up.

I’ll take that. I’m not getting my hopes up on Luke Ford either. Coach BowlCut is getting all the good TE’s these days. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

I’ll take that. I’m not getting my hopes up on Luke Ford either. Coach BowlCut is getting all the good TE’s these days. 

that he is........... infuriating me in the process

2 minutes ago, 1TexasTiger said:

Anything new on Quay Walker?

No. Still plans to OV in January & sign somewhere in February. Bams still feel good.

Personally, I think if Schwartz commits in early January, Ross will be less interested in being a fifth WR in this class, and we'll push a little less hard for his signature.

13 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Personally, I think if Schwartz commits in early January, Ross will be less interested in being a fifth WR in this class, and we'll push a little less hard for his signature.

You may be right, but in Ross I see a polished, 6' 4" WR. I'm even more impressed with Ross after the Al/Ms all-star game. In Schwartz what I see is a track star that some say was "underutilized". There may be a reason he wasn't used more. Given my druthers, I'd take Ross.

Whether we can get even one of them remains to be seen, much less being able to pick which one. :)

Totally agree. I think Ross is the better prospect, but I think we would take either one. I just don't see Ross wanting to sign up for a five WR class on a team that graduated zero WRs. That's a crowded field.

Niebuhr said if Walker doesn't sign with Bama early, AU has a real shot. Also still in it for JJ Petersen prob fighting it out with Tenn for him. Ross definitely leaning to Clemson, some think Bama has moved into 2nd place for him.
He didn't say this but Ross just has the feel of one of those guys that toys with another school but goes to Bama. Hopefully not, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

3 minutes ago, CR said:

Niebuhr said if Walker doesn't sign with Bama early, AU has a real shot. Also still in it for JJ Petersen prob fighting it out with Tenn for him. Ross definitely leaning to Clemson, some think Bama has moved into 2nd place for him.
He didn't say this but Ross just has the feel of one of those guys that toys with another school but goes to Bama. Hopefully not, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

just a usual Auburn recruiting class!!! pulling a kid from T-Town and having a kid from phenix city go to bama or clemson! lol

Archived