All Things Final Spots in the 2018 Class

aujeff11

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we end up with Caleb Johnson, Cam Taylor, and leave the other spot open for the GT market.  I think Caleb is just too good of a big athlete to pass up and I think Cam has alot of flexibility on where he can help this team on Offense or Defense.  I would imagine Bama has Langham at an anywhere but Auburn all you can eat buffet right now.  I just don't see Chase's dad or the LSU faithful letting him leave the state of Louisiana.  Chase or Langham would be my surprise pick for tomorrow if we were getting one but who knows.  I am really concerned with the HJ situation if the grades are not there.  That to me is a huge blow.  I like the early signing period but it sure has taken the fun out of tomorrow

• 1 month later...

So, to confirm, we took a total of 24 and we expected to take 26? That means we will have two spots roll into next year's class correct?

Any last minute additions or are we past that point?

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

So, to confirm, we took a total of 24 and we expected to take 26? That means we will have two spots roll into next year's class correct?

Still looking at grad transfer ot!

33 minutes ago, toddc said:

Still looking at grad transfer ot!

Anderson is out, are there any others?

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Not sure if Aaron Cockren from California is still available or not, and one from Ohio State I believe!?? Saw an article this past week and can’t find it for you now, sorry! Maybe others who know way more than I could chime in.

20 hours ago, Zeek said:

My GUESS is that we're done and will use the two extra slots for EE guys next year. Mainly because I don't know of any SEC quality prospect that's available.

16 minutes ago, Mikey said:

My GUESS is that we're done and will use the two extra slots for EE guys next year. Mainly because I don't know of any SEC quality prospect that's available.

As a know-nothing fan, I was in Anderson or bust mode. Bust it is. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

As a know-nothing fan, I was in Anderson or bust mode. Bust it is. 

Feels like the staff was the same way

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

I love me some EE's though. Sounds good to me.

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

I love me some EE's though. Sounds good to me.

This is a good time to make a mental note that, barring some unexpected late signee, we'll have 27 slots available next year.

14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

This is a good time to make a mental note that, barring some unexpected late signee, we'll have 27 slots available next year.

That will make it that much more enjoyable when folks ask you and @ellitor how many spots we have in every other recruiting post between now and next February :)

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

That will make it that much more enjoyable when folks ask you and @ellitor how many spots we have in every other recruiting post between now and next February :)

Wait so how many is it? Do JUCO count against it? What if a player quits? Lolol

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

We have 26 available. We signed/enrolled 24 in 2018 with no spots available to count back to 2017.

6 hours ago, Zeek said:

Wait so how many is it? Do JUCO count against it? What if a player quits? Lolol

All new schollied players count to a yearly limit unless they walked on at a school for 2 years. This means HS, Juco, transfers, & Grad Transfers. Players quitting or leaving for any reason does not affect yearly spots available anymore.

On 3/12/2018 at 1:09 PM, Zeek said:

A good number of potential GTs don't make them selves known til near the end or after the Spring semester is over. We still have a ways to go.

On 3/12/2018 at 11:29 AM, Zeek said:

So, to confirm, we took a total of 24 and we expected to take 26?

No. We could only take 25. Bill Taylor ended up counting in the 2017 class after all to finish off that year's 25 limit.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

All new schollied players count to a yearly limit unless they walked on at a school for 2 years. This means HS, Juco, transfers, & Grad Transfers. Players quitting or leaving for any reason does not affect yearly spots available anymore.

@Zeek was making a joke, thus the "lolol" at the end. Zeek, ellitor can be humor impaired at times.

Ok then, if Taylor counted on '17, we're at 26 for next year, barring some unexpected future All-American signing late.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

was making a joke, thus the "lolol" at the end. Zeek, ellitor can be humor impaired at times.

Given Zeek's posting pattern in his short history on here it looks like his post was part real questions, part humor. I covered the possible part real questions stuff to clarify for anyone reading, especially since many are still are confused that jucos & transfers count just like high schoolers on a 25 limit list & that players leaving don't affect the 25 number..

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Given Zeek's posting pattern in his short history on here it looks like his post was part real questions, part humor. I covered the possible part real questions stuff to clarify for anyone reading, especially since many are still are confused that jucos & transfers count just like high schoolers on a 25 limit list & that players leaving don't affect the 25 number..

Zeek was just making fun of all of the questions that people ask you over and over and over. It was good of you to answer them yet again... we're all sure it won't be the last time.

51 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Zeek was just making fun of all of the questions that people ask you over and over and over. It was good of you to answer them yet again... we're all sure it won't be the last time.

This, I appreciate @ellitor's effort and response though. Maybe those who happen by will read it and understand. Perhaps a "2018-19 Recruiting FAQ" post pinned at the top of this forum wouldn't hurt? No doubt it would still be ignored but it would be something nice to refer users towards when asked repeated questions.

Archived