All Things Final Spots in the 2018 Class

aujeff11

47 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Not surprised.

I feel like this is a good thing if he feels like he can’t crack the rotation.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I feel like this is a good thing if he feels like he can’t crack the rotation.

He was no longer a linebacker, had been moved to HB/TE position

1 minute ago, aufan57 said:

He was no longer a linebacker, had been moved to HB position

Speaking of which we need one there for when CC gets hurt or graduates.

Just now, ellitor said:

Is that why interest in Watson has picked up. I see him as more of the HB type, versus a True TE. 

Just now, aufan57 said:

Is that why interest in Watson has picked up. I see him as more of the HB type, versus a True TE. 

Don't think so. I see him more as a receiving HB/TE than one who can block like CC which is vital to Gus's run game.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Don't think so. I see him more as a receiving HB/TE than one who can block like CC which is vital to Gus's run game.

Have to pray Chandler stays healthy in 2018.

16 minutes ago, tigerfangs said:

I posted a link to sec country  in kolbi f thread about him waiting to sign after being cleared by AU drs. Why did it disappear?

Didn't disappear. Was moved to the Early NSD thread pinned at the top of the forum. Anything AU Early NSD related goes in there this week.

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I expect us to transition from a true HB to more of a hybrid  TE once CC graduates

Can we get the big time in space blocking that's been so pivotal to Gus's run game in the 2013 & 16 seasons from a hybrid?

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Can we get the big time in space blocking that's been so pivotal to Gus's run game in the 2013 & 16 seasons from a hybrid?

Maybe Chip wants his offense to operate a little different in the run game compared to Gus? Maybe he wants more passing options. Like Freeze for example.

7 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Maybe Chip wants his offense to operate a little different in the run game compared to Gus?

Not sure Gus would be up for that.

23 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yes. Think about Jay Novacek with the cowboys in the 90s .

Effective blocking is about angles. A crack on a LB can be just as effective as an arc block from a HB

30 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Didn't disappear. Was moved to the Early NSD thread pinned at the top of the forum. Anything AU Early NSD related goes in there this week.

Now, @ellitor, I respect all the work you do but a post changing Fuqua's signing plans certainly isn't out of place in Fuqua's own thread. Sometimes it pays to pause for a minute's thought.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

So we're not thinking that Spencer Nigh, who was subbing for him this year, has the potential to grow into a similar talent?

1 minute ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

What about Shenker?  I had heard he was progressing pretty well. 

Wasn't he signed for his receiving ability? Not sure about blocking skills. Kind of doubtful he did a lot in high school. Definitely needs to gain more size and strength.

Just now, aufan57 said:

Wasn't he signed for his receiving ability? Not sure about blocking skills. Kind of doubtful he did a lot in high school. Definitely needs to gain more size and strength.

Believe it or not, I believe Sal was supposed to have been the pass catching TE. ?

1 minute ago, aufan57 said:

My memory gets a little foggy sometimes, but I was thinking the plan for him is to develop into that multi-purpose HB/TE who can block and catch well.  

17 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Now, @ellitor, I respect all the work you do but a post changing Fuqua's signing plans certainly isn't out of place in Fuqua's own thread. Sometimes it pays to pause for a minute's thought.

Didn't say it was out of place. This is just how I'm organizing things. I have an accountant's mind. It's what it does.

19 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

So we're not thinking that Spencer Nigh, who was subbing for him this year, has the potential to grow into a similar talent?

When he earns a scholly I'll give him serious consideration in terms of potentially being a similar talent.

Just now, ellitor said:

When he earns a scholly I'll give him serious consideration in terms of potentially being a similar talent.

I know his main job this year seemed to be being the 11th guy until they needed real run blocking and then being replaced by Cox, but I figured if they made him #2 he at least had to have some level of potential.

15 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

My memory gets a little foggy sometimes, but I was thinking the plan for him is to develop into that multi-purpose HB/TE who can block and catch well.  

tumblr_m5kbumtPpi1r777xho1_500.gif

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

I expect us to transition from a true HB to more of a hybrid  TE once CC graduates

based on what indicators? GM in the last few years, even with Harris, who can catch pretty well, they have had him 2 years, and he has caught 2 TD passes, and only thrown about 2 times in 2 years...

Archived