All Things Final Spots in the 2018 Class

aujeff11

28 minutes ago, thewhiz7 said:

I was counting on Walker. *Sigh*

We certainly need another quality linebacker in this class! Hall, McCain and Marsh are all good prospects but three is a skimpy number. Four would be a whole lot better.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Mikey said:

We certainly need another quality linebacker in this class! Hall, McCain and Marsh are all good prospects but three is a skimpy number. Four would be a whole lot better.

I could not agree more. It seems like it has been since 04 that we have been behind on LBer's

22 minutes ago, thewhiz7 said:

I could not agree more. It seems like it has been since 04 that we have been behind on LBer's

With the way T-Will is retaining & developing LBs & us running more 2 LB sets than 3 we aren't behind now.

With that said, with it not being known whether Marsh will actually play LB or some kind of DB it sure would be nice to get Quay.

quay imo will be bamas calvin ashley. everyone thinks he flips and he teases other programs and he ultimately stays where he is at.

Just now, ellitor said:

With the way T-Will is retaining & developing LBs & us running more 2 LB sets than 3 we aren't behind now.

With that said, with it not being known whether Marsh will actually play LB or some kind of DB it sure would be nice to get Quay.

I guess it is because I had not heard anything new on Quay that I assumed we were still in good shape. It sounded in the past like it was a foregone conclusion that he was going to flip to us, when, not if.  My reading skills are poor though.

Just now, thewhiz7 said:

I guess it is because I had not heard anything new on Quay that I assumed we were still in good shape. It sounded in the past like it was a foregone conclusion that he was going to flip to us, when, not if.  My reading skills are poor though.

it NEVER is a foregone conclusion that we can flip a bama commit. has not happened in a few years.

58 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

it NEVER is a foregone conclusion that we can flip a bama commit. has not happened in a few years.

Ones they want to keep are even harder to get.

Just now, ellitor said:

Ones they want to keep are even harder to get.

JAD is a testament to that. that recruitment turned on a dime.

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

JAD is a testament to that. that recruitment turned on a dime.

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

Yeah.  And not to mention that they now have 100,000 other stud CBs committed this year.  I was hoping JAD would see where Bama got another stud at CB this weekend and give Auburn one last chance.  Kid could come here, earn very early playing time, and ball out with Smoke in the secondary.

10 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Keith with a CB pick of Andres Fox to Stanford.

I am not worried about signing Fox. If there is any one position we have recruited really well this year, it is D Line. We can always go after Tannor still if we feel like he would make the grades. We already have the two Nigerians committed to the Buck position already, don't really see the need for Fox when we only have 5 spots left honestly. 

10 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

We already have the two Nigerians committed to the Buck position already

1 Buck. 1 Stronside End.

And Fox would be a DT. AU may still try to add a 3rd one in the class or via Grad Transfer.

27 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

I am not worried about signing Fox. If there is any one position we have recruited really well this year, it is D Line. We can always go after Tannor still if we feel like he would make the grades. We already have the two Nigerians committed to the Buck position already, don't really see the need for Fox when we only have 5 spots left honestly. 

Stanford’s academic prestige is really becoming a thorn in our side lately. 

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Stanford’s academic prestige is really becoming a thorn in our side lately. 

No kidding. Why can't Stanford go after Alabama or Georgia's targets instead?

4 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

No kidding. Why can't Stanford go after Alabama or Georgia's targets instead?

They actually probably took Jack West from Alabama. I just wish they would stick with recruiting the west coast. We have enough programs to worry about poaching our recruits already.

11 minutes ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

Because they can’t nake the grades to qualify ?

If we miss on Fox, we might land Tannor, and he is an academic risk of not qualifying. Literally from the penthouse to the outhouse.

13 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

They actually probably took Jack West from Alabama. I just wish they would stick with recruiting the west coast. We have enough programs to worry about poaching our recruits already.

If it's really a big deal then go after some of their big early targets from the west coast...at the very least make them spend a bunch of resources on them.  Send a message.

Interesting that Stanford is getting guys who might also be Vandy type student-athletes.  

Sounds like some kids are looking for a big change of environment and are willing to play at a school with a bland offense and where attendance is 44K per home game, no sellouts and attendance declining.   And you can bet the facilities over all are not even in the ball park with bama or AU or other large SEC schools.   

Gotta give them credit for selling what they have to sell....which is the university. 

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Interesting that Stanford is getting guys who might also be Vandy type student-athletes.  

Sounds like some kids are looking for a big change of environment and are willing to play at a school with a bland offense and where attendance is 44K per home game, no sellouts and attendance declining.   And you can bet the facilities over all are not even in the ball park with bama or AU or other large SEC schools.   

Gotta give them credit for selling what they have to sell....which is the university. 

Stanford education and professional connections are a pretty big asset in life.

A number of schools seem to have really serious networks that benefit graduates forever .....Stanford is a good example plus the ivy league schools of course....and in our region the Citadel is well noted for taking care of it's own.

20 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Think the Stanford degree hype is overblown. It will put a foot in the door but it takes hard work and character to make it work once inside. Secondly, across the country, academic standards across all universities are becoming more and more watered down and elite schools like Stanford are no exception to the norm. Lastly, I wouldn’t want to be stereotyped as some budding entrepreneur of Silicon Valley. 

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Think the Stanford degree hype is overblown. It will put a foot in the door but it takes hard work and character to make it work once inside. Secondly, across the country, academic standards across all universities are becoming more and more watered down and elite schools like Stanford are no exception to the norm. Lastly, I wouldn’t want to be stereotyped as some budding entrepreneur of Silicon Valley. 

That could well be....I have always been of the view that a serious college student can get an excellent education at a great number of schools.....not just the ivy league or Stanfords of the world......if they apply themselves.   Typically the most difficult part of a Stanford education is probably just getting in....or being able to afford it. 

As noted though....gotta give them credit for selling the school because there is not that much to sell about their football program against most other Power 5 schools. 

Archived