Sign in to follow this  
doc4aday

Browser Talk

Recommended Posts

I find that Google Chrome works the best for this site. IE has been giving me fits since we went to the high speed cable internet. I tried satellite internet and it was horrible. Skype does not work well with satellite, but screams with cable & Google Chrome. 

Does anyone else use Google Chrome for this site?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




32 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I find that Google Chrome works the best for this site. IE has been giving me fits since we went to the high speed cable internet. I tried satellite internet and it was horrible. Skype does not work well with satellite, but screams with cable & Google Chrome. 

Does anyone else use Google Chrome for this site?

I use Opera which is based on Chromium (Chrome's base code) and it works a charm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CleCoTiger said:

I use Opera which is based on Chromium (Chrome's base code) and it works a charm. 

How do I find this or install? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

How do I find this or install? 

I've been using Chrome for quite a few years for this site and all my sites. It is much less buggy than IE.

I've also used Opera, but haven't seen where it is better than Chrome. 

Although I think it is good to have two web browsers downloaded just in case one has problems. 

Edited by steeleagle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I've also used Opera, but haven't seen where it is better than Chrome. 

 

Better is subjective, I think. But Opera has a built in free VPN, a "turbo" data compression mode (helps on slower networks) and just generally less bloat and better memory management that Google's Chrome for the past few years.  The new edition of Firefox is also pretty darn good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Web browsers is merely one persons experience.  None are right or wrong.  My experience was I didn't like Chrome at all.  I used it for a few days and promptly uninstalled it.  Never went back.  I've been using Firefox for many years.  The new Firefox Quantum is very good.    I can't imagine why anybody would ever use IE for anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2017 at 6:18 PM, WarTiger said:

Web browsers is merely one persons experience.  None are right or wrong.  My experience was I didn't like Chrome at all.  I used it for a few days and promptly uninstalled it.  Never went back.  I've been using Firefox for many years.  The new Firefox Quantum is very good.    I can't imagine why anybody would ever use IE for anything.

I switched from Chrome to Firefox about 6 months ago. The new Firefox Quantum is so much better at memory management.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2017 at 1:22 PM, stoic-one said:

Friends don't let friends use IE, ever.

 

While it represents an improvement over IE, you can still add Edge to that statement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this