General Early NSD Thoughts (Non-AU specific)

AU64

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AUIH1 said:

Kirby knows where the REC's skeletons are buried.  The REC ain't touching Kirby. 

Yea, but don't forget that until Saban and or Emmert are gone, you could trot bama's skeletons out in the middle of Times Square on New Years Eve and no one would lift a finger to do anything about it.

1 hour ago, AUIH1 said:

We need Del McGee on our staff yesterday.   We easily could get rid of at least a couple guys on the O staff and replace them with someone who is better on the the field coaching and off of the field recruiting.  McGee fits thats definition perfectly.

Agreed, and I agree with E that he could also be the 10th man (though we REALLY need a special teams guru). The question is, can we draw him over?

good get for pruitt. I thought he was a bama lean.

On 12/19/2017 at 2:49 PM, corchjay said:

I don’t like the timing of the early signing period.  I actually don’t like the early signing period at all.  How many coaching changes were announced during the regular season so recruits would know the coach is gone?  Essentially leaving lame duck coordinators to finish out the season.  

We may be on the good side this year but what about 5 years from now we could be on the bad side of the situation.  

I also like kids to be kids.  Enjoy their senior years.  

So those 45 days could cause them to not enjoy their senior year?  Is that what you are saying.  Since the number that graduate early for the sole purpose to get in extra practices seems to be on the rise, I don't think the kids really care.   Not like us old farts.

The work, determination and skillset of the student athlete is what will get them to the next level.  If they do not have those 3 things going for them it really does not matter who the coach is or where they play.

Personally, signing day was getting ridiculous and was about big money and less about the young men.  It is a good change and most will get use to it.  Paywall sites and recruiting die hards will be the last to fall in place as they will have to restructure there business models and lives.    How many college football players have the same coaches all four years?   Coaches are gonna change, it is part of the business

2 minutes ago, Southwest said:

I think Pruitt will be a nail in Sabans side for years to come recruiting wise. 

kirby already has proven to be a thorn in sabans side in recruiting. Unfortunately for us he has been a even bigger thorn to us......

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

kirby already has proven to be a thorn in sabans side in recruiting. Unfortunately for us he has been a even bigger thorn to us......

Yes he has, I believe the sec will be able to showcase more than just Bama in a few more years.. 

Just now, AuburnTiger4Life said:

*checks twitter* "I didn't like him anyways pawl!!! Have fun losing to Bama! Rawl tide!!!!!!" 

pawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwl we gonna whip that arse when we see him next!

good grief. Kirby is pissing me the F off. I get they had a great season but they still should not be doing this all of sudden. THEY WERE 8-5 last year.

3 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Hate that it's UGA but LOVE when a player pulls a Bama on Bama :Sing:

you said it though. Cannot really get excited when a guy goes from our biggest rival to our next biggest rival lol

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

you said it though. Cannot really get excited when a guy goes from our biggest rival to our next biggest rival lol

Georgia, Bama, and Clemson are all recruiting out of their minds. What a time to have hated rivalries!

23 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Georgia, Bama, and Clemson are all recruiting out of their minds. What a time to have hated rivalries!

IDK if I want to laugh, cry or rage?! lol

21 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

But bammer meltdowns will never not be fun for me lol 

I am way more steamed at georgia than bama right now since they cost us a championship lol but yah that is usually the case for me as well.

it's cruitin it ain't changing as long as we finish in top 10 we should be fine. Key word should................................I've been involved with recruiting for over 50 years except for social media not much has changed

We keep signing top 10 classes, we will be just fine. We have a fine group of players in this 2018 class that will help us win big games against the likes of the mutts and bammer.  I see very little drop off in quality between us and the mutts and bammer.  We are an elite top 10 program that will compete and win conference and national titles. 

Look for teams to start raiding Uga's staff in the near future, especially their DC.  I would love to see us raid Dell McGee from the mutts with the new position coming open.  Offer him a couple $100,000.00 more than UGA and he will come home to his home school. He is an Auburn alumni and would come to Auburn with the right incentives. 

What is your take on this possibility out there? This would be a huge blow to their recruiting machine.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

it's cruitin it ain't changing as long as we finish in top 10 we should be fine. Key word should................................I've been involved with recruiting for over 50 years except for social media not much has changed

Shoot, LSU had how many top 5 classes and couldn't even make it to the SEC championship? 

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

THEY WERE 8-5 last year.

I've told you a thousand times individual record years do not have much effect on the recruiting classes as long as the HC has job security which CKS has in spades. When will you listen to me? lol :poke:

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am way more steamed at georgia than bama right now since they cost us a championship lol but yah that is usually the case for me as well.

We cost ourselves a shot to play for a championship by derping @ LSU. We win that game we would be playing Clemson now instead of Bama even with losing the SECCG.

6 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Shoot, LSU had how many top 5 classes and couldn't even make it to the SEC championship? 

Unfortunately for them they weren't in the SEC Least Division.

Archived