Your Top 5 recruits?

WFE12

Just curious..What is everyone's top 5 recruits that you anticipate watching? I know some things can change from now until February but just right now.

For me

1. Smoke

2. Joey G

3. Asa Martin 

4. Seth Williams 

5. Shaun Shivers

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

Just curious..What is everyone's top 5 recruits that you anticipate watching? I know some things can change from now until February but just right now.

For me

1. Smoke

2. Joey G

3. Asa Martin 

4. Seth Williams 

5. Shaun Shivers

Good list. I'm curious about where Marsh ends up playing. I'm thinking LB, media reports to the contrary. Also Tutt, since he came out of nowhere late and is now an early enrolee. To fit those in I'll take Martin and Williams off your list of five. I saw and was very pleased with what they can do in the all-star game.

43 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Good list. I'm curious about where Marsh ends up playing. I'm thinking LB, media reports to the contrary. Also Tutt, since he came out of nowhere late and is now an early enrolee. To fit those in I'll take Martin and Williams off your list of five. I saw and was very pleased with what they can do in the all-star game.

Yeah I'm hoping that Tutt shows that he can be an immediate help at corner. Fans are underestimating Marsh..

4 hours ago, CR said:

1. Smoke Monday
2. Coynis Miller
3. Richard Jibunor
4. Asa Martin
5, Matthew Hill

Nice, I was torn on Coynis. Hopefully Hill can get us over the hump on special teams.

Smoke is a baller at a HUGE position of need for us AND he’s participating in Bowl practices already. He will be in the mix on day 1, 2018! He is our most important signee, IMHO  

I love Asa!!!  He is a very talented and versatile back (reminds me of KJ). And he is the first AU player from my Alma Mater.  And he’s a good kid too! (Shout out to coach Perkins)

Joey Ballgame is a great athlete at the most important position on the field. He has stuck with his commitment to AU for over 2 years + OC change, etc.  He has also helped assemble this class from the get go.  I am super excited about his potential and I love his loyalty to AU. 

Although I am fond of every young man who chooses to join our family, those 3 are my favorites this year.  

I would round out my top 5 with 2 of the following: CM, RJ, SW, CT, and/or Worm. 

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

1. Smoke

2. Sherwood

3. Jibunor

4. Shivers

5. Harris

Honorable mention:

Miller

Gatewood

Marsh

Hard to tell there you are a defensive coach. lol

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

1. Smoke

2. Sherwood

3. Jibunor

4. Shivers

5. Harris

Honorable mention:

Miller

Gatewood

Marsh

I'm absolutely jacked about our Defensive signees. 

29 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Hard to tell there you are a defensive coach. lol

Ouch! A rib shot by E. I love it!

12 hours ago, WFE12 said:

For me

1. Smoke

2. Joey G

3. Asa Martin 

4. Seth Williams 

5. Shaun Shivers

I'll sub Harris in for Williams. Otherwise I like your list. 

I really wanted to go with Jibunor, Marsh or Shed Jackson, as I'm intrigued about their potential to be very multi-faceted guys. Jibunor seems like he could play anything from buck to safety. Marsh could play anything from OLB to nickel to safety. I'm good for a Terrell Zachary comparison at least once a year, and Jackson is my guy this year. Physical blocker, straight line speed, dependable hands (hopefully), maybe a jet sweep candidate. I could see all of them chipping in big time on special teams. Jib as a more athletic Craig Sanders, for example, maybe? 

Fun topic!

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I'll sub Harris in for Williams. Otherwise I like your list. 

I really wanted to go with Jibunor, Marsh or Shed Jackson, as I'm intrigued about their potential to be very multi-faceted guys. Jibunor seems like he could play anything from buck to safety. Marsh could play anything from OLB to nickel to safety. I'm good for a Terrell Zachary comparison at least once a year, and Jackson is my guy this year. Physical blocker, straight line speed, dependable hands (hopefully), maybe a jet sweep candidate. I could see all of them chipping in big time on special teams. Jib as a more athletic Craig Sanders, for example, maybe? 

Fun topic!

Shed is the quintessential auburn player exactly because of those qualities that you described and I can't wait to see him on the Plains also. A lot of these guys will redshirt but we have a very bright future even though we haven't gotten any 5-stars idc we gucci!

So the consensus pick is Smoke! I love it! When he puts on those 15 lbs that he wants I believe he will be a monster. Dude is serious about going to the league and he knows what he's got to do. I'm still trippin about him blocking a punt in 7 different games...good night. Could he have a better career than Tray or Roberts like he wants...I think so!

Of the ones we signed my top five are
1. Smoke
2. Newkirk
3. Marsh
4. Shivers
5. Jackson
Now this may change depending on who else signs later.

On 12/19/2017 at 8:32 PM, WFE12 said:

For me

1. Smoke

2. Joey G

3. Asa Martin 

4. Seth Williams 

5. Shaun Shivers

1. Shivers- Has a great attitude and loves AU, think he has a great career here

2. Gatewood- Will be special if we tap into his full potential, he loves AU and you can tell it

3. Smoke- One of the most ready recruits I’ve seen in awhile, has a chance to help us tremendously.

4. Marsh- Hard nosed linebacker that has a nose for the football, think he has a chance to be special here.

5. Sherwood- Think the combo of him and Smoke will be one of the best we’ve had in awhile, when it happens.

1. Seth Williams

2. Zakoby McClain

3. Kayode Oladele

4. Joey G

5. Shivers

If you are a big time recruit who is from T Town and you went to flippin Paul Bear Bryant High School and STILL come to Auburn?! You got a fan in me for life.

47 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

1. Shivers- Has a great attitude and loves AU, think he has a great career here

2. Gatewood- Will be special if we tap into his full potential, he loves AU and you can tell it

3. Smoke- One of the most ready recruits I’ve seen in awhile, has a chance to help us tremendously.

4. Marsh- Hard nosed linebacker that has a nose for the football, think he has a chance to be special here.

5. Sherwood- Think the combo of him and Smoke will be one of the best we’ve had in awhile, when it happens.

Yes, Sherwood has a very high football iq and Smoke is fearless. Sherwood's coach let him call the plays on defense at times and Smoke will knock your block off. Very excited for that duo.

Archived