2019 4* TE Hudson Henry

WFE12

34 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

so why do teams like Ark, who always seems to have a quality receiving TE, get them, if they are dying breed in HS with the D/T QBs...?  There are other teams too that I watch that seem to have great receiving TEs too....

Bielema took the Wisconsin blueprint for developing tight ends.    I think they are just harder to find and develop.  Plus when the only TE since Gus has been head coach has caught at most 11 balls in a season(Uzomah) who now plays in the NFL and u couldn't get him the ball more than once a game, the negative recruiting sells itself.

Auburn scored 330 points in eight SEC regular season games games. 41.25 points per game. We are in desperate need of a tight end because???????????

14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Auburn scored 330 points in eight SEC regular season games games. 41.25 points per game. We are in desperate need of a tight end because???????????

They create more mismatches and exploit areas of the field better than other positions can. Plus the OC prefers them over HB and the HC wants one. Other than that, I can't think of a good reason.

Just because we scored points this season without one, doesn't mean the offense wouldn't evolve and be harder to stop with one....lol.

2 hours ago, leglessdan said:

Just because we scored points this season without one, doesn't mean the offense wouldn't evolve and be harder to stop with one....lol.

True, but all things considered with our offense, a TE is like a rose, nice but not essential. Ten bonus points to the poster who can name the AU opponent's player that said "Football is like a rose, nice but not essential" right after AU laid a 26 point beatdown on his team, a team that had been favored to win the game. :)

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

They create more mismatches and exploit areas of the field better than other positions can. Plus the OC prefers them over HB and the HC wants one. Other than that, I can't think of a good reason.

exactly!! And when the QB needs a checkdown, and doesnt want to take a sack, the TE is a perfect target who is usually just sitting down in an open area with 10 yards of the QB's eyesight.  But, I understand our offense, and unless we throw a bubble screen, or a dump off to the RB, the QB is strictly limited to his WRs getting open. and in our offense its streaks, bombs, etc..

I've watched too many football games, to not understand the QBs friend is a middle pass to a TE covered by a LB...))

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

True, but all things considered with our offense, a TE is like a rose, nice but not essential. Ten bonus points to the poster who can name the AU opponent's player that said "Football is like a rose, nice but not essential" right after AU laid a 26 point beatdown on his team, a team that had been favored to win the game. :)

But, we are doing it with a HB that we are no longer recruiting. So something has to give. We either need to find a Cox-esque player or get a pass catching TE. Doing neither will be problematic.

On 12/22/2017 at 12:57 PM, ClaytonAU said:

Hey new guy, the reason we don’t throw to a tight end is because we don’t have a tight end with receiving abilities to Chip’s liking. This is only the 4000th time this has been said on the recruiting forum. 

I believe this. We tried Sal some earlier in the season and he just couldn’t seem to catch the ball.

20 minutes ago, AUinfusion said:

I believe this. We tried Sal some earlier in the season and he just couldn’t seem to catch the ball.

That is proof of why we need a stud TE Sal was open but dropped the passes. If he catches those passes it opens other players and he will be thrown more passes.

The unfortunate dismissal of Landon Rice was a huge blow to this team. He would have been a STUD, and we would have been able to sell the position in this offense to guys like Luke Ford.

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 9:35 PM, CameronCrazy said:

The unfortunate dismissal of Landon Rice was a huge blow to this team. He would have been a STUD, and we would have been able to sell the position in this offense to guys like Luke Ford.

I am not sure I agree with that. His JUCO stats were pretty paltry. 

http://www.mgcccbulldogs.com/sports/fball/2017-18/bios/rice_landon_iv87?view=gamelog&pos=wr

Aug 31 Itawamba Community College W, 42-41 2 21 10.5 0 0 - -
Sep 7 at East Mississippi Community College L, 49-10 2 37 18.5 0 0 - -
Sep 14 at Copiah-Lincoln Community College W, 21-14 - - - - - - -
Sep 21 East Central Community College W, 48-25 2 16 8.0 0 0 - -
Sep 28 at Hinds Community College L, 28-21 1 2 2.0 0 0 - -
Oct 5 Mississippi Delta Community College W, 52-20 - - - - - - -
Oct 12 Southwest Mississippi Community College W, 52-13 1 26 26.0 0 0 - -
Oct 21 at Pearl River Community College L, 31-27 - - - - - - -
Oct 28 Jones County Junior College L, 38-24 - - -

1 minute ago, thaitopher said:

I am not sure I agree with that. His JUCO stats were pretty paltry. 

http://www.mgcccbulldogs.com/sports/fball/2017-18/bios/rice_landon_iv87?view=gamelog&pos=wr

Aug 31 Itawamba Community College W, 42-41 2 21 10.5 0 0 - -
Sep 7 at East Mississippi Community College L, 49-10 2 37 18.5 0 0 - -
Sep 14 at Copiah-Lincoln Community College W, 21-14 - - - - - - -
Sep 21 East Central Community College W, 48-25 2 16 8.0 0 0 - -
Sep 28 at Hinds Community College L, 28-21 1 2 2.0 0 0 - -
Oct 5 Mississippi Delta Community College W, 52-20 - - - - - - -
Oct 12 Southwest Mississippi Community College W, 52-13 1 26 26.0 0 0 - -
Oct 21 at Pearl River Community College L, 31-27 - - - - - - -
Oct 28 Jones County Junior College L, 38-24 - - -

I wouldn't use juco stats as a theshhold for judgement in this case. He was brought in specifically to be used like Luts in our O. And actually 8 catches is not a bad number given MGCCC doesn't use TEs much in their O anyway.

Archived