Men vs. Uconn

AU64

51 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

We still have Cornell left to play at home on Dec 30th. IF we do win that game, that will give us 12 wins for the season. A .500 conference record would give us 21 wins. 19 wins against a really tough schedule would put us in. I think 21 wins is about right. 22 should lock us in. I guess it depends on how the committee views our wins against Dayton, MTSU, and Murray State- 3 teams that love to give power 5 teams bad losses. 

Was really pulling for mtsu to beat usc yesterday.

need those 3 and Uconn to have respectable years or better.

or we could simply go .750 in conference and walk ourselves into a high middle seed and not have these discussions!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looking around at the SEC this season....and getting to .500 in the conference is not going to be that easy....especially with our road schedule. We will probably learn a lot from the Tennessee game....going to be a hard place to play for a young team.  

People are undervaluing Danjel like he couldn't have improved over the off-season like the rest of our sophomores. 

He was a force before his foot injury hindered his ability to get to the basket

5 hours ago, Tiger said:

People are undervaluing Danjel like he couldn't have improved over the off-season like the rest of our sophomores. 

He was a force before his foot injury hindered his ability to get to the basket

I think most are just trying to reconcile the fact he will never play for AU again. Looking that way for Wiley as well. If they don’t clear him by the start of class in Jan, I’m sure both head overseas. Danjel already tweeted about a new beginning, which tells me it’s not at AU. It wouldn’t be a new beginning here. 

With both Wiley and Danjel still practicing and sitting on the bench , it does indicate they at least have some possible hope that they are clear or they wouldn’t bother. I dunno, reaching but I’m still hoping I guess. We would be awesome with those guys back. 

If they don't make the trip to Tennessee on January 2 I don't see them playing this season. It seems like Wiley would get half a year suspension since he wasn't personally involved but Danjel will probably have a harder time getting reinstated since he was supposedly at a meeting.

15 hours ago, Timeslider 6 said:

OK, serious question: is this team this good or is the schedule just suspect? I would like to believe they are really gelling, however, i also wonder if the teams we are playing are just down this year. Those in the know, please give me some reassurance. 

I think it’s a combination of both. I think we’re a pretty good team verging on very good, and I think we’ve taken advantage of some weak opponents and won some tough games. I’m still a little cautious about our success to this point. We’ve had a great start to the season, but we’re about to see a different level of competition in the next few games than we’ve seen all season. I’d caution to not get too excited about the UConn win and not to fly off the handle if we lose to UT and/or Arkansas. 

Archived