Dontavius Russell returning for senior season

aubiefifty

This is some huge and to me at least, unexpected news. Talk about a nice Christmas present! Russell, while maybe not as sensational as some others, was perhaps our most valuable DL player. At least according to some of Coach Garner's comments. Seems the idea was Russell did his job taking up space which freed team mates to do other things.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

This is some huge and to me at least, unexpected news. Talk about a nice Christmas present! Russell, while maybe not as sensational as some others, was perhaps our most valuable DL player. At least according to some of Coach Garner's comments. Seems the idea was Russell did his job taking up space which freed team mates to do other things.

Yep....for the coming year at least, this is far better than bringing in some good HS lineman......still gotta keep the talent flowing in but less pressure to play guys who are not quite ready.  

Hoping others who might leave early decide stick around for what should be another very good season with a realistic chance for the playoff. 

War Damn Eagle, Mr. Russell!

15 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The DEs were filthy this season, but a number of the sacks and TFLs were a result of everything in the middle getting absolutely wrecked. Russell and Brown are *men*. 

War Damn Eagle, Dontavius! 

Year 3 in Steele’s defense just got better. Russell, Coe, Brown, Holland, Davidson, Moultry, Bryant, WIlliams, Truesdell, James. Good lawd. Defense is going to be filthy next year. Maybe even good enough to compete with UGAs 2017 recruits. ? WDE!!!

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Year 3 in Steele’s defense just got better. Russell, Coe, Brown, Holland, Davidson, Moultry, Bryant, WIlliams, Truesdell, James. Good lawd. Defense is going to be filthy next year. Maybe even good enough to compete with UGAs 2017 recruits. ? WDE!!!

Did Holland say he's coming back? If he does, that's the best DL in the country and, if not in Auburn history, the best that I've seen in the last 30 years. 

This is very good news.  Only makes it that more enticing for the other juniors to stay.  War Eagle!

3 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

keep all eyes on truesdale for the future.....going to be special

Truesdell, Coe, Moultry, Bryant, Miller coming in... rarely this excited about the present and the future at the same time.

29 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Did Holland say he's coming back? If he does, that's the best DL in the country and, if not in Auburn history, the best that I've seen in the last 30 years. 

He said that after the SECG. Hopefully he will not change his mind. And I agree with you completely. 

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Woah, woah, woaaaH!!! Slow down their partner. I believe they are already in consideration to have their names in Canton, Ohio. How do we compete against that?

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

source.gif

Most dominant D line in the SEC and they gonna comeback to be even better... Something most don't think about is how much these guys coming back will help the other 7 starters on D .. we know we gonna have new starters on the back end, they're learning curve just got about 50℅ better. 

Archived