SEC schedule prediction

boomstick

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

if you have adobe pro you can print to pdf then add text

I know how to do all that. My question is where to find the projection, not post them.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I know how to do all that. My question is where to find the projection, not post them.

I might not understand then. I thought he just photoshopped the Ws and Ls on the ESPN schedule. I don’t know of a site that allows you to project the schedules like that. There is one for RPI purposes, but I can’t remember it right off hand. 

28 minutes ago, boomstick said:

I might not understand then. I thought he just photoshopped the Ws and Ls on the ESPN schedule. I don’t know of a site that allows you to project the schedules like that. There is one for RPI purposes, but I can’t remember it right off hand. 

WarrenNolan does it. And I missed your point in the OP. Are you saying you think @tigeraddikt gave his own project by using the ESPN graphic and photoshop? Heck I was thinking he found some kind of predictor ESPN has, behind a pay wall or something.

26 minutes ago, ellitor said:

WarrenNolan does it. And I missed your point in the OP. Are you saying you think @tigeraddikt gave his own project by using the ESPN graphic and photoshop? Heck I was thinking he found some kind of predictor ESPN has, behind a pay wall or something.

Gotcha. I just think he made it but did it with less typing than I did in the OP. Maybe I’m wrong though. 

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

@tigeraddikt, @boomstick, or anyone else. How do you get projected wins or losses on ESPN's AU schedule? I don't see a tab or link for it like with the football schedule.

I just imported a snipped screenshot of the schedule into MS Paint and added the green and red W's and L's.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

It was just my own projection for the remainder of the conference schedule using the AU bball schedule on the ESPN website.

6 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

It was just my own projection for the remainder of the conference schedule using the AU bball schedule on the ESPN website.

Cool. I thought you have found a basketball version of the FPI & I wanted in. lol

I think 13-5 is a reasonable SEC record for this team. I sense some magic in the air and at least a sweet 16 appearance or better. Elite 8 is not out of the question and would be a huge, huge get for this 2018 Auburn men's team. Gotta love everything about this team. If the 2 young men get reinstated, then the stakes could go off of the charts. Losing is not in the bloodline for this team!

10 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I think 13-5 is a reasonable SEC record for this team. I sense some magic in the air and at least a sweet 16 appearance or better. Elite 8 is not out of the question and would be a huge, huge get for this 2018 Auburn men's team. Gotta love everything about this team. If the 2 young men get reinstated, then the stakes could go off of the charts. Losing is not in the bloodline for this team!

Even if this were to happen soon, I would not immediately inject them into the starting lineup b/c of who they are. This current team we have had all year up to now has something that a lot of teams wish they had right now and that is unbelievable chemistry. They seem to enjoy being on the floor with each other and feed off each other very well. I would not risk breaking up that chemistry. I would slowly work Purifoy and Wiley into the lineup off the bench and let them earn their way back into the starting rotation. I say we ride this snowball we have now downhill until it shows signs of slowing down. Kudos to Bruce for taking lemons and making a magical pitcher of lemonade this year!

13-5 a reasonable SEC record for this team?     Do I sense a bit of irrational exuberance going on?    

No doubt this is a fun team to watch and they have gelled nicely after the loss of two expected starters....but the rest of the league is pretty solid>

Despite the great UT win, this team in the past has had trouble on the road in the SEC.   That is where the biggest turnaround needs to take place from last season. 

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

13-5 a reasonable SEC record for this team?     Do I sense a bit of irrational exuberance going on?  

Not at all. Let's break it down barring injuries.

Rebs-Should win & AU favored
@ Miss St-Winnable & AU may be favored
@ Bama-more winnable & AU may be favored
UGA-winnable & AU will be favored
@ Mizzou-winnable but Mizzou will be favored
LSU-Should win & AU will be favored
@ Rebs-Should win & AU will be favored
Vandy-Should win & AU will be favored
aTm-Winnable & AU will be favored
@ UGA-Winnable but UGA will be favored
UK-Winnable & AU will be favored
@ SCe-Winnable & AU may be favored
Bama- Should win & AU will be favored
UF-Winnable but UF will be favored
Arky-Winnable but Arky will be favored
SCe-Winnable & AU will be favored

Now I know games aren't played in the betting table but the above gives an indication of what is expected of this team nationally. We will be outright favorites in 9 games. Add the 2 Ws we have that's 11 conference wins minimum we are expected to have. Also we will be outright dogs in only 3 games and 4 toss ups betting wise. In theory, if we get the 11 we are favored to win I definitely believe this team can find 2 more Ws in the other 7 to get to 13.

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Despite the great UT win, this team in the past has had trouble on the road in the SEC.   That is where the biggest turnaround needs to take place from last season. 

Actually in relation to other teams in the conference we were good last season. It was some home games that bit us worse.

Lastly...

4c3c1b07-4d7c-4b4f-90b5-13d5200721d7_tex

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Lastly...

4c3c1b07-4d7c-4b4f-90b5-13d5200721d7_tex

I have lots of faith.....just not so much in the possibility of 13-5 SEC record......I can hope for that however.....is that OK?  :)

I think if Wiley and Purifoy come back we might drop one of those games we are favored to win just because it might in the short term break up the chemistry but in the long run we will be better. 13-5 may be a stretch but who would of thought we would be sitting were we are right now.

We should win at least 22 or more games. This should get us into the NCAA. I will enjoy this team one game at a time and let the good times roll. It looks like Coach Pearl is out of the dog house.

On 1/9/2018 at 2:23 PM, doc4aday said:

We should win at least 22 or more games. This should get us into the NCAA. I will enjoy this team one game at a time and let the good times roll. It looks like Coach Pearl is out of the dog house.

I sure hope he is out of the dog house. He certainly has the team playing together and enjoying themselves. He genuinely deserves a lot of credit for working through all that has gone on.

Just looking ahead after tonight, I'm going to "cheat" since there are already five games in the record books.  I think we split the next 2 (UGA/@Mizzou), L @ Ole Miss, lose 2 of the three in that TAMU, @UGA, UK stretch, L @ UF and an L in Fayetteville.  That's 11-7, 23-8 overall.  I really wanted a top 5 seed in the tourney, but I don't think 11-7 will get that.  Will be nice to hear Auburn called on Selection Sunday again though, so I'll enjoy the ride regardless!

It seems like winning road games is tough all over. At least auburn already has two of those.   I don’t usually follow basketball as closely as I have this year. Is it unusual to see so many ranked teams lose week to week? Just tonight, #7,8,17,19 lost and tenn (21) is losing.

2 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

It seems like winning road games is tough all over. At least auburn already has two of those.   I don’t usually follow basketball as closely as I have this year. Is it unusual to see so many ranked teams lose week to week? Just tonight, #7,8,17,19 lost and tenn (21) is losing.

Not unusual at all. January - March is conference play for all teams, and when you hit the conference portion of a college basketball schedule, home court advantage is worth a few to several points. The result is a lot of shuffling in the polls, which exist only for conversation. I remember when, as a kid, I would marvel at how you could go 6 or more weeks and have a different team ranked #1 each time the new AP poll was released.

4 hours ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Just looking ahead after tonight, I'm going to "cheat" since there are already five games in the record books.  I think we split the next 2 (UGA/@Mizzou), L @ Ole Miss, lose 2 of the three in that TAMU, @UGA, UK stretch, L @ UF and an L in Fayetteville.  That's 11-7, 23-8 overall.  I really wanted a top 5 seed in the tourney, but I don't think 11-7 will get that.  Will be nice to hear Auburn called on Selection Sunday again though, so I'll enjoy the ride regardless!

We should beat the Rebs again, even on the road.

49 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

bump let's check in and see how our prognosticators are faring...

I had a 15-3 ceiling and expected 13-5. 

Looks like the former could be true :wareagle:

We have 6 home and 5 on the road remaining. If we split and lose all road but win all home games we finish 12-7 in conference and 24-8 overall. That would lead to a pretty decent seed in the dance. 

If we don't have a letdown game, we COULD be 11-1 when Kentucky comes to town.  We'll prolly be favored in all of them.  IF we win that game, we should be 14-1 going to Florida with a chance to clinch the conference title.  I'll jump on board late and predict we finish 16-2.  

The loss coming in a letdown game against Arkansas or South Carolina after we beat the gators.

Archived