SEC schedule prediction

boomstick

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TigerV6 said:

He is asking about a basketball version of  College Game Day coming to town.

Not this season. CGD for basketball is always on location at where the 7PM ESPN game is being played. We don't have any games on ESPN.

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not this season. CGD for basketball is always on location at where the 7PM ESPN game is being played. We don't have any games on ESPN.

Why isn’t basketball broadcasting like football where the networks determine during the season  who will broadcast which games?  I realize that b-ball games occur more frequently, but it seems as though would be some flexibility to adjust who gets the premiere broadcasting spots based on how the season is unfolding.

On 1/28/2018 at 12:35 PM, triangletiger said:

Why isn’t basketball broadcasting like football where the networks determine during the season  who will broadcast which games?  I realize that b-ball games occur more frequently, but it seems as though would be some flexibility to adjust who gets the premiere broadcasting spots based on how the season is unfolding.

Well weekday games are too hard to adjust. Gotta let fans know when those are early & stick to it. No clue on Saturday games.

On 1/17/2018 at 9:15 PM, SCTiger2011 said:

Just looking ahead after tonight, I'm going to "cheat" since there are already five games in the record books.  I think we split the next 2 (UGA/@Mizzou), L @ Ole Miss, lose 2 of the three in that TAMU, @UGA, UK stretch, L @ UF and an L in Fayetteville.  That's 11-7, 23-8 overall.  I really wanted a top 5 seed in the tourney, but I don't think 11-7 will get that.  Will be nice to hear Auburn called on Selection Sunday again though, so I'll enjoy the ride regardless!

They're already ahead of my pace!  If they win tomorrow night, I'm going to have a really hard time keeping my expectations from going from "It's awesome to have a tourney team again" to "GIVE US THE ****** REGULAR SEASON SEC CHAMPS TROPHY AND A ONE SEED" lol

• 1 month later...
On 12/26/2017 at 11:46 AM, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

13-5*  in SEC play

Sweep Bama, sweep USCe, and beat Mizzou in Columbia and MSU in Starkville. (Watch for more if we beat Tennessee. That's a huge momentum game for our guys. Could propel us to 14-4, 13-3 in conference.) 

@ Tennessee L
Arkansas W
Ole Miss W
@ Miss St W
@ Bama W
Georgia W
@ Mizzou W
LSU W
@ Ole Miss W
Vandy W
Texas A&M L
@ Georgia W
Kentucky L (TOSS UP @ HOME, COULD EASILY BE A W)
@ South Carolina W
Bama W
@ Florida L
@ Arkansas L
South Carolina W

* Gives us a 5-7 seed birth in NCAA tourney

Props to you sir. This could end up being really dang close to our actual finish. 

Hope he placed a few bucks on this team with Vegas...probably could have made a little money.

14 hours ago, boomstick said:

Props to you sir. This could end up being really dang close to our actual finish. 

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

Hope he placed a few bucks on this team with Vegas...probably could have made a little money.

Afraid I didn't place any bets. And I'm also afraid this is as good as it gets this year. No depth. Could be a quick bounce as our return trip to the tournament this year.

I hope I'm wrong. Haven't played well lately.

1 hour ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Afraid I didn't place any bets. And I'm also afraid this is as good as it gets this year. No depth. Could be a quick bounce as our return trip to the tournament this year.

I hope I'm wrong. Haven't played well lately.

Can't blame you about the bet....but as for the team, I'm thinking it is the cumulative effect of extra playing time for the major players and the inconsistency of guys like Dunbar and Mitchell and Brown's injuries which seem to be just severe enough to reduce his efficiency  .  

One other thing.....refs seem to be "letting them play" at the end of the season and whereas a couple weeks ago, Murray was making a living at the line, now the big guys are beating the crap out of him when he goes inside and no fouls are being called.

Team has done great despite the problems...... still looking for them to close out the year with a win on Saturday and clinch the championship. 

Archived