2018 3* TE Matt Alaimo

GwillMac6

4_5041156.jpg

6-5 235
Montvale, NJ (St. Joseph Regional )
AU offered today, 12/27/17
Has 15 P5 conference offers
AU has been planning for a while to take a TE in this class even if they missed on Ford so this is one to definitely to watch

Evaluation

Alaimo emerged as a strong prospect late during his junior season because of his ability to get off of the line of scrimmage and to find space in a route. He catches the ball away from his body and with his hands, and he turns up the field quickly. He is physical once he has the ball in his hands. He is best used on the line of scrimmage in short possession-type routes. As a blocker, Alaimo fires off the line quickly and he is low. He explodes into the defensive player he is quick with his hands. He has a strong initial punch. -- Brian Dohn

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I LOVE he is from jersey!!!! KID HAS GRIT!!! KID HAS HARD KNOCKS! KID IS STREET SAVVY AND TOUGH!!! WOOO!!!! LETS BRING HIM ABOARD!!!!!! I love his height and length of DEEEEEEEEM ARMS!!!! hahaha not that sawwwwwwwwwwwwwwft Illinois kid luke ford!!!! lol

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I LOVE he is from jersey!!!! KID HAS GRIT!!! KID HAS HARD KNOCKS! KID IS STREET SAVVY AND TOUGH!!! WOOO!!!! LETS BRING HIM ABOARD!!!!!! I love his height and length of DEEEEEEEEM ARMS!!!! hahaha not that sawwwwwwwwwwwwwwft Illinois kid luke ford!!!! lol

street savvy from Montvale, bet that is the first time that has ever been said about this upperclass white community, lol

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

street savvy from Montvale, bet that is the first time that has ever been said about this upperclass white community, lol

HEY MAN!!! I am trying to paint a picture and a narrative here! PLEASE PLAY ALONG! hahaha

We need a guy that can catch and block. Like others have said it's great to have a te to mix things up. We don't need this guy to be the next gronk or Tony Gonzalez  , just block and catch the dang ball.

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5651211

Evaluation

Alaimo emerged as a strong prospect late during his junior season because of his ability to get off of the line of scrimmage and to find space in a route. He catches the ball away from his body and with his hands, and he turns up the field quickly. He is physical once he has the ball in his hands. He is best used on the line of scrimmage in short possession-type routes. As a blocker, Alaimo fires off the line quickly and he is low. He explodes into the defensive player he is quick with his hands. He has a strong initial punch. -- Brian Dohn

7 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Get Matt & Sal in at the same time for the double TE, "damn Yankee" formation. 

OK, but just don't throw the ball to Sal. Let Matt catch the pass then let Sal grin into the camera.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Now how does this evaluation equate to a 3 star rating? Did that come from the same source that rated him? 247? 

Kid looks locked in . Has great size and seems like he is in great shape . I hope he has a bad attitude and is ready to bust some heads 

6 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Now how does this evaluation equate to a 3 star rating? Did that come from the same source that rated him? 247? 

1. I had the same thought.
2. No. It was from his Scout profile before it was merged into his 247 profile. I have no clue what Scout had him rated.

Remember the Alaimo was the first thing that popped in my head when seeing this guys name. Hope he creates some memories here.

The guy does have a powerful, quick punch. You see those guys he sent flying on the Pats? That was funny.

2 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Kid looks locked in . Has great size and seems like he is in great shape . I hope he has a bad attitude and is ready to bust some heads 

Kid looks good.  The biggest thing I see is that he will need to learn to run routes full speed.  Right now due to superior athleticism he jogs his routes and is not very crisp on his breaks.  He also evidently hasn't had to against his competition.  Coaches will easily fix that.  Pretty excited about him.  I am praying we use him in order to throw 3 less WR screens in our games lol.

Archived