Brad Lester ?‍♂️

RunInRed

9 hours ago, AU64 said:

He's an adult and made his own decisions.....and did not ask anyone from AU for permission.  

I guess some haters can make something out of this but about every school has experienced situations where an athlete. (an usually multiples of them)  have committed some really serious crimes right up to murder.......so it takes a real "tool" to say anything about this case to AU people who have nothing to do with it.    They are out there of course but I would be inclined to roll my eyes and look at anyone who raised the issue to me as if he was a fool....and that includes our beat writers.  

Exactly. What someone does when they are grown and away from University influence is not in any way the responsibility of said University. Any attempt by rival fans to paint a broad brush and chastise( in this case) Auburn University is pure stupidity. No wonder we see Bama fans jumping on this story. That said, it's sad that we live in a world where children are preyed on by those they trust. 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading this made me sick. I like Brad a lot and it seems 100% out of character for him to do anything of this sort. All we can do is wait and see what comes of it, but I truly hope he didn't just ruin his life over a joke or something similarly stupid. :(

• 4 weeks later...

I have not seen any articles or report to support Brad's statement but i'd certainly be interested in what police authorities would have to say. Was there just lack of evidence to sustain the charges or was it completely false? This is why i didn't rush to judgment either way when it first came out; especially since it was basically all coming from the writers and news people. 

2018-01-24_0123.png

I would like to know more about this situation. Anyone in a position of responsibility can be accused and it is easy to set someone up to look guilty. If he is guilty, I hope they throw the book at him. If he is not guilty, the truth needs to be publicized. 

8 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

This is why i didn't rush to judgment either way when it first came out; especially since it was basically all coming from the writers and news people. 

We need A LOT more of this. Please and thank you.

10 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I have not seen any articles or report to support Brad's statement but i'd certainly be interested in what police authorities would have to say. Was there just lack of evidence to sustain the charges or was it completely false? This is why i didn't rush to judgment either way when it first came out; especially since it was basically all coming from the writers and news people. 

2018-01-24_0123.png

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

We need A LOT more of this. Please and thank you.

6 minutes ago, alexava said:

I am glad this got worked out. There also must be an explanation as to what exactly happened. 

I'm with you guys. Very curious how we go from "caught red handed"- which is how I interpreted initial reports- to "nothing to see here". 

Man. That sentence was loaded with entendre. 

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:47 PM, tigereye78 said:

Exactly. What someone does when they are grown and away from University influence is not in any way the responsibility of said University. Any attempt by rival fans to paint a broad brush and chastise( in this case) Auburn University is pure stupidity. No wonder we see Bama fans jumping on this story. That said, it's sad that we live in a world where children are preyed on by those they trust. 

Damn. Does this mean we can't call them 'updykes'' anymore? :Sing:

2 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Damn. Does this mean we can't call them 'updykes'' anymore? :Sing:

Nah... he did his evil in the name of the university because he "had too much bama in him". When our alumni do something stupid, they never drag the University into it.

14 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

2018-01-24_0123.png

On something this serious, I'd say it's more than a simple "lack of evidence."  I'd say that the prosecution came to believe that the charges were simply false.  As in, the accuser said something to damage the credibility of the allegation or something.

8 hours ago, alexava said:

I am glad this got worked out. There also must be an explanation as to what exactly happened. 

Agree. 

17 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Looks like there's not even a sniff of dismissed charges on the www. Hell of a deal there if he really is innocent. 

I found that odd as well. I did a quick search but found nothing. Who knows if we will ever get the full real story. But something had to occur for him to now be out. Those were some pretty serious charges. I'm all for truth in general...no matter which way it may have went. 

4 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

On something this serious, I'd say it's more than a simple "lack of evidence."  I'd say that the prosecution came to believe that the charges were simply false.  As in, the accuser said something to damage the credibility of the allegation or something.

Certainly could have been the case. Like McLoofus stated, the media made it seem like he was caught with the evidence and already convicted. All that was left to do is sentence him. For him to be free and no charges is a stark contrast to what was written. Learned my lesson a long time ago to just wait and see when it comes to the media because many of them have become so reckless in what and how they put out information. 

3 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Certainly could have been the case. Like McLoofus stated, the media made it seem like he was caught with the evidence and already convicted. All that was left to do is sentence him. For him to be free and no charges is a stark contrast to what was written. Learned my lesson a long time ago to just wait and see when it comes to the media because many of them have become so reckless in what and how they put out information. 

How did the media do anything wrong?  Simply reporting what is released by the police department is being reckless?  Are those black helicopters hovering above again?

9 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Nah... he did his evil in the name of the university because he "had too much bama in him". When our alumni do something stupid, they never drag the University into it.

Precisely. I'm more than willing to bet that HU was decked out in bammer apparel at the time of his crime. Got 100,000?(NC) Tshirt etc....

9 hours ago, auburnphan said:

How did the media do anything wrong?  Simply reporting what is released by the police department is being reckless?  Are those black helicopters hovering above again?

With all due respect the media has a reputation of "shooting before identifying" these days...and I'm not talking about politics. Black helicopters exist. ;)

21 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

With all due respect the media has a reputation of "shooting before identifying"

The media and the general public. It's a good thing lynch mobs are a thing of the past or there would be a lot of dead, innocent people.

4 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

The media and the general public. It's a good thing lynch mobs are a thing of the past or there would be a lot of dead, innocent people.

Problem is they do still exist. However they work through social media now rather than out in the open. Results might as well be the same.

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Problem is they do still exist. However they work through social media now rather than out in the open. Results might as well be the same.

Definitely some truth to that... reputations die instead of people, but it probably has the same long term effect for those who are attacked.

41 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

With all due respect the media has a reputation of "shooting before identifying" these days...and I'm not talking about politics. Black helicopters exist. ;)

Respectfully, that was not my argument.  My argument was what did they do wrong in this case.  The police department released information on a an arrest and they reported it.  There is one article linked in this thread and I am not sure what was wrong in the article as printed that would have got the response to the comment I responded to.

7 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Respectfully, that was not my argument.  My argument was what did they do wrong in this case.  The police department released information on a an arrest and they reported it.  There is one article linked in this thread and I am not sure what was wrong in the article as printed that would have got the response to the comment I responded to.

To answer your question, what the media did wrong was to report on the arrest without doing their due diligence, knowing full well that an accusation like this can tarnish someones reputation for life, even if they are proven innocent. The media has completely forgotten about journalistic integrity and is soley focused on getting clicks, so they publish the most salacious thing they can get their hands on, with no concern to it's overall validity. 

Archived