AU/UCF Score Predictions

corchjay

52-21, with CFU's last score coming against the guys that don't get to play much.

Speaking of which, what's the betting line on this game? I don't gamble amounts higher than one Coke and wouldn't know where to look!

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Speaking of which, what's the betting line on this game? I don't gamble amounts higher than one Coke and wouldn't know where to look!

AU - (minus) 9 the last I saw.  I don't gamble either...  Heart is to much into the only team I really care about following enough to know enough

42-17.  Auburn holds their running back to 40 yards.  I bet we see some fun play calling from Chip.  Kmart will rush for over 100 with some big runs.  Stidham throws for 300+.  Lots of young guys out there late getting used to the Mercedes Dome big game environment.

18 minutes ago, corchjay said:

AU - (minus) 9 the last I saw.  I don't gamble either...  Heart is to much into the only team I really care about following enough to know enough

looks between 9-10 in vegas with the O/U set between 65 - 67.  My prediction, AU covers 45-28

I think UCF will score some points, but I think we essentially stay in control 52-24

Disclaimer:  I haven’t seen UCF play at all this year. 

With that said, I can see this game going a couple of different ways. 

If we show up flat, (early game, NYD, no playoffs, etc) and they show up fired up to keep their undefeated season, I see this being a one score game around 30 points each......say 31-28 AU. They have a balanced offense and the QB has drawn comparisons to Shea Patterson (who has had the most productive game against us this season)  And when we’ve been flat on O, it’s been really ugly.  We’re either hot or cold, not much in between   

On the other hand, AU is simply more talented at every position on the field.  Their O, as productive as they have been, has never seen anything like what they will witness on Monday.  Our DBs can be beaten, but our front 4 should be more than capable of taking over the game. On the other side of the ball, our O is really, really good when healthy, which it appears we will be. And their D is, um, well, less than stellar.  This could end up being a beat down (something like 56-21, with 2 of their TDs coming late against our youngins)

AU: 38

Them: 21

Depends on how serious we take the game. If we come out with the same intensity we had against UGA and Bama in the wins, we will win handily.

If we show up flat (Mercer), who knows.

I think all the smack from UCF has been detrimental to them catching us napping.  Yes, they are a good offensive team, but they play in a league with horrible defenses.  They played one defense all year that was in the Top 40 nationally (USF, 37th).  The next best one was Navy (47th), then Temple at 57th.  Every other defense on their schedule was ranked between 84th and 130th.  They played four teams ranked 121st or worst in total defense.  Five teams ranked 95th or worse.

Conversely, we had six games against teams in the Top 11 in total defense (Alabama, Georgia (twice), Clemson, Miss St. and LSU).  We only had two teams ranked worse than 100th (Arkansas and La-Monroe).  Yet even against such a headwind compared to UCF, we were still at Top 25 total and scoring offense.  I can't imagine what our offensive numbers would look like had we gotten to play defenses the likes of Cincinnati, East Carolina, UConn, Memphis, and SMU.

Finally, they are ranked 96th in total defense, we're 12th.  They are 57th in scoring defense, we are 9th.

Unless we literally come out asleep and commit a bunch of turnovers, I think we're going to beat them and it's not a nailbiter.  If we come out at all motivated, we will snotbubble them.

Auburn 48
UCF 17

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

I think all the smack from UCF has been detrimental to them catching us napping.  Yes, they are a good offensive team, but they play in a league with horrible defenses.  They played one defense all year that was in the Top 40 nationally (USF, 37th).  The next best one was Navy (47th), then Temple at 57th.  Every other defense on their schedule was ranked between 84th and 130th.  They played four teams ranked 121st or worst in total defense.  Five teams ranked 95th or worse.

Conversely, we had six games against teams in the Top 11 in total defense (Alabama, Georgia (twice), Clemson, Miss St. and LSU).  We only had two teams ranked worse than 100th (Arkansas and La-Monroe).  Yet even against such a headwind compared to UCF, we were still at Top 25 total and scoring offense.  I can't imagine what our offensive numbers would look like had we gotten to play defenses the likes of Cincinnati, East Carolina, UConn, Memphis, and SMU.

Finally, they are ranked 96th in total defense, we're 12th.  They are 57th in scoring defense, we are 9th.

Unless we literally come out asleep and commit a bunch of turnovers, I think we're going to beat them and it's not a nailbiter.  If we come out at all motivated, we will snotbubble them.

Auburn 48
UCF 17

This. Hell Mizzou puts up crazy numbers just like UCF...the difference being competition. If Mizzou played UCFs schedule I think there would be a similar result.  We beat the crap out of Mizzou. I don't think UCF really knows what they're getting themselves into. WDE 

Just read an article quoting Tray that any hangover or complacency was erased when the RB and WR for UCF started running their mouth.  I hope our players give these two some nice violent “clean” hits if they get the chance.  Defense will be hungry for sure.

Aub 45

Ucf 13

Even if they substain a drive, they won't substain two of them. Big play? Maybe, although I don't believe they'll have the time to develope one. Team speed is their one advantage, our guys don't catch anyone from behind. But it's not nearly enough. 45-13 

Option teams scare me.  UCF may score some points, but I don't know that they have the high powered defense to go along with their wide open option attack.  Higher scoring than I would like, and a late TD for UCF makes the score look closer than the game: AU 48, UCF 35

Bottom line , our line play should destroy them. Their defense is pitiful and that is putting it politely . If our team can’t find ways to score at will , there would be some questions that need to be answered . What scares me is our secondary play, as their QB has great accuracy and love quick hitters. Also, the defense needs to play to the whistle . At times the have a player right where they want them and for some reason they just stop. Seen it a couple of times during the UGA game. Sack the jerk and make him eat dirt , don’t assume the ref will blow the whistle.

Archived