2018 4* RB Harold Joiner Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

Updated (1/18/18): Harold commits to AU!!!

"It's been a decision I've been wanting to make between LSU and Auburn, but it's been a decision I've always wanted to make for two years," Joiner said after his official visit to the Plains. "It wasn't really a hard decision because I've been focusing on Auburn for a long time. I just went ahead and ended it right now."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2018/01/4-star_running_back_harold_joi.html

4_8002171.jpg
Harold Joiner, RB
Birmingham, AL (Mountain Brook)
Ht 6-3 | Wt 218

• Class of 2018
  • Recruiter: Garner
  • Unofficial Visit: 10/07/17
  • Official Visit: 1/12/18
  • Joiner, was named to USA Today's All Alabama Team, and was an Army All-American
  • Missed a significant amount of last season, including the playoffs, due to injury, but still managed to finish the season with 738 yards and 16 touchdowns on 136 carries for the Spartans. He also caught 18 passes.

247Sports: 4*
ESPN: 4*
Rivals: 4*

Harold Joiner is a jumbo athlete who can do plenty with a 6-foot-4 frame, well north of 215 pounds. He is a running back by trade, and exhibits those qualities with his vision, instincts and ability in the open field. Coming out of the backfield, he is just as comfortable with well above-average route-running ability and soft hands on his frame. Joiner, who runs better than his size suggests, is a tough runner to stop but he is simply a matchup nightmare as a pass catcher against linebackers and safeties. He can line up at a number of positions at the next level and make a considerable impact sooner rather than later. -- John Garcia, Jr.

https://247sports.com/Player/Harold-Joiner-94167

Offers (30+): Auburn, Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas State, Baylor, Connecticut, Florida, Florida Atlantic, Florida State, Georgia, Indiana, Jacksonville State, Kentucky, LSU, Memphis, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, Samford, South Carolina, Southern Miss, Syracuse, TCU, Tennessee, Texas, Troy, UAB, UCF and UCLA, among others.

Hudl Highlights

Spartans Star Harold Joiner Commits To Auburn

-f92087523f220276.jpg

Looking at his footwork, he doesn't run like a "big" back. But most importantly he can catch th ball. I can see why CCL has him high on his board, perfect for Chip' O game plan

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

He reminds me of Yeldon with a little less balance. Nice size/speed combination.  

The Yeldon comparison, as well as him being from bammerham makes me think he's bama bound unless there is strong evidence otherwise. 

I have no info on this situation. All I know is that he looks ideal for their O, he's deep in bama territory, and little nicky gets who he wants. 

I would like to be wrong, but.....

1 minute ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

The Yeldon comparison, as well as him being from bammerham makes me think he's bama bound unless there is strong evidence otherwise. 

I have no info on this situation. All I know is that he looks ideal for their O, he's deep in bama territory, and little nicky gets who he wants. 

I would like to be wrong, but.....

He doesn't have a Bama offer atm.

4 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Any chance we can go ahead and lock this guy down? Or is he looking to enjoy the recruiting process?

Not in a hurry to commit.

he reminds me more of a Danley/Joseph size and style of runner from years past. Don't see many of those at RB anymore...

Edited by steeleagle
  • Like 1

Kind of reminds me of a Eddie George. Now if he comes here and wins a Heisman I have no complaints. A lot of people harped that Eddie George was to big/tall to be a running back. Not a all world career, but not a bad one either. 

any possibility that Joiner plays TE in college?  I know he is a tad short, but could be a heck of a threat in that position. Hands, speed, elusive (geez his film shows that)....   Look at what he did at 0:59 into the film.  I think he could get deep into the secondary 2-3 times a game with some short TE routes. Kinda cradles the ball as he catches it, but that can be changed. 

• Like 1

Reminds me of Mark Barron's highlight reel... maybe not quite as physical.  Safety or OLB?

Also, if Kerryon's running style was a little more blunt and to the point he might look like this.

Edited by AUDevil

4 hours ago, Beaker said:

any possibility that Joiner plays TE in college?  I know he is a tad short, but could be a heck of a threat in that position. Hands, speed, elusive (geez his film shows that)....   Look at what he did at 0:59 into the film.  I think he could get deep into the secondary 2-3 times a game with some short TE routes. Kinda cradles the ball as he catches it, but that can be changed. 

We are recruiting him at RB. The next possibility is a big WR similar to Duke's size while at AU.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Beaker said:

any possibility that Joiner plays TE in college? 

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

We are recruiting him at RB. The next possibility is a big WR similar to Duke's size while at AU.

I actually wondered about this in another thread. He certainly looks the part. 

5 minutes ago, Mid Atlantic Tiger said:

@ellitor and @bigbird

I see that he plays at Mountain Brook.  What can you tell me about the level of competition he goes up against?

From the OP...

On 2/11/2017 at 5:21 AM, ellitor said:

Plays in arguably the toughest region in Alabama

It's the same region as national power Hoover. Also 3 of the 4 teams in the region that make the playoffs each year often make to the round of 8 and in some cases all 4 teams make the round of 8 in the playoffs.

Very agile and rotate his hips really well. Super smooth like. Definitely has room to get bigger in college. Would like to see him lower the boom a little more for his frame.

I really hope we can get this guy. His running style with those big long strides reminds me of Stephen Davis. He doesn't have break away speed. It's disappointing to see him get run down from behind a few times... Against highschool competition... But he has a natural running style and catches the ball apparently extremely well. 

I truly hope we make this kid priority 1

20 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

^^^^^^I read a headline that he ran a 4.34 forty at a camp IIRC. 

those are always hand held times and the margin of error is high.