2018 4* RB Harold Joiner Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

4 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

:-\ okay 

excited-then-disappointed-gif-2.gif

lol ummm ok scratching my head over here! not exactly the type of reaction I was looking for or hoping to get!!! but do you man!!! this is your moment this is your boy you can do what you want! WOOO!!! LETS GO!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

Guess you were right @GwillMac6... if he’s a bust I’ll eat my crow

Nah no crow will be eaten. HE IS A AUBURN MAN NOW! We ALL want him to be a superstar now. No one gets any joy out of it if he is a bust. 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

excited-then-disappointed-gif-2.gif

lol ummm ok scratching my head over here! not exactly the type of reaction I was looking for or hoping to get!!! but do you man!!! this is your moment this is your boy you can do what you want! WOOO!!! LETS GO!

Lol I’m pretty excited because of how versatile he is. His offer list is mighty impressive (regardless if some passed on him) and he’s very talented and seems like a fun kid to be around! 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Nah no crow will be eaten. HE IS A AUBURN MAN NOW! We ALL want him to be a superstar now. No one gets any joy out of it if he is a bust. 

You’re right hahahaha I appreciate you 

• Love 1

Far worst things happening in college football landscape, rather than getting another blue-chip player. I will take it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Lol I’m pretty excited because of how versatile he is. His offer list is mighty impressive (regardless if some passed on him) and he’s very talented and seems like a fun kid to be around! 

You’re right hahahaha I appreciate you 

LETS GO!!!!!!! I am officially excited about this! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I Will say this though. Absolutely use this kid correctly. Don't sell him on an idea just to have him sitting on the sideline, even if it doesn't succeed at first.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I Will say this though. Absolutely use this kid correctly. Don't sell him on an idea just to have him sitting on the sideline, even if it doesn't succeed at first.

The coaches will know what's possible with Joiner by Labor Day.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

The coaches will know what's possible with Joiner by Labor Day.

Did they move Labor Day?

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

You sure? Marquis McClain says hello

Really too soon to definitively say that. He's only a RS Freshman.

24 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Did they move Labor Day?

No. there will be a lot of summer workouts and then pre-season camp before Labor Day. They will know all they need to know by then. Let's hope it 's positive knowledge.

22 minutes ago, Mikey said:

No. there will be a lot of summer workouts and then pre-season camp before Labor Day. They will know all they need to know by then. Let's hope it 's positive knowledge.

For Gus and his  staff, they won't know until the autumnal equinox.

• Haha 4

47 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Really too soon to definitively say that. He's only a RS Freshman.

Ok, I'll give you that. Let's just say I'm a very interested observer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

For Gus and his  staff, they won't know until the autumnal equinox.

Now you're talkin'! Never miss a chance to disrespect our coaching staff! If only they'd listen to the fans and use the players the fans want to see on the field, AU would never lose a game. The coaches should stick to paperwork in their offices and let the fans run practices and call plays during games, then we'd be king of the hill every year!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Now you're talkin'! Never miss a chance to disrespect our coaching staff! If only they'd listen to the fans and use the players the fans want to see on the field, AU would never lose a game. The coaches should stick to paperwork in their offices and let the fans run practices and call plays during games, then we'd be king of the hill every year!

Lighten up. Geez. Just a joke. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, aufan57 said:

Lighten up. Geez. Just a joke. 

I'll give you, personally, a joke. However, considering the overall picture of things here I've become disgusted with the constant "our coaches are dumbazzes" stuff. Again, I didn't mean to land on you as an individual.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Anywayyy...Back to our regularly scheduled programming. I didn't realize this but Charles Clay, the player AU wants to use HJ like, is currently a TE for the Buffalo Bills. I am excited to see what this staff may do with Joiner as an Athlete. I hope it works well for him & AU.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Anywayyy...Back to our regularly scheduled programming. I didn't realize this but Charles Clay, the player AU wants to use HJ like, is currently a TE for the Buffalo Bills. I am excited to see what this staff may do with Joiner as an Athlete. I hope it works well for him & AU.

Yeah, I've been going on and on about Ballage but I'm liking what I'm hearing/seeing on this Clay fella. If we could really have a larger Swiss Army Knife guy, that would be awesome. Trey Burton is another guy that I wouldn't mind having one of. 6'3 235, began at UF as a QB, then played RB for 2 yrs, then finished up as a TE, which is where he's playing for the Eagles now. 5 TDs for them this season- not too shabby. 

Mainly just nice to know there are a few examples of guys in recent years- a couple of whom were coached by our HC and OC- that might inform a blueprint for Joiner. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Sorry if I offended you, it was just a joke because Gus seems to take 3 or 4 games to figure his teams out. I like you hope that HJ will work out and everything will be positive.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WFE12 said:

This could be a lot of fun to see this new wrinkle unfold.   The biggest upside:  it indicates we may not run a single RB into the ground which has been our modus operandi for a while.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Beaker said:

This could be a lot of fun to see this new wrinkle unfold.   The biggest upside:  it indicates we may not run a single RB into the ground which has been our modus operandi for a while.

With Gus I'll believe it when I see it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, ellitor said:

Only as a RB & been that way since KJ & Bubba left.

I was wrong @oracle79. We took him as an all porpose ATH with the primary spot at RB.

• Love 1

12 hours ago, DAG said:

Oh man I can just see that right now...I can see that with several players...

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

we need to do this. I wonder why the staff didn't get on this sooner. We have to expand our offense and using a pass catching/run threat like Joiner as a TE like Charles Clay would be the perfect way to do so. It makes too much sense. 

Edited by Randman5000