2018 4* RB Harold Joiner Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

Kid reminds me a lot of Jalen Hurd, and to a lesser extent, Bo Scarbrough. All 3 big, extremely athletic players who are poor cut backs and are not as physical or aggressive as you like for their size. I agree that he (as well as Hurd and Scarbrough) project much higher as TEs than RBs. But, like a lot a guys, he wants the ball in his hand and will probably head to Ole Miss to get it.

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

For some reason I have always thought this kid would come to AU . JMO 

He is OVing

If we take him on scholly then we will have missed out on a number of other targets at other positions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aubieclawz said:

auburn's not gonna take him period...why even be talking about this kid ......thread needs to be muted

Care to explain anything you just said? 

2 hours ago, aubieclawz said:

auburn's not gonna take him period...why even be talking about this kid ......thread needs to be muted

Then why is he coming to Auburn on a paid official visit? Just because we like throwing our money away? I think he's a good athlete and a backup plan should some other prospects not choose AU.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, aubieclawz said:

Well there is a chance. We wouldn't be having him in for an OV if there wasn't the slightest chance we take him.

58 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Just because we like throwing our money away?

FWIW AU and every other school gets 55 OVs a year & rarely comes close to using them all. Any unused OV allocated money really doesn't go anywhere else.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FWIW AU and every other school gets 55 OVs a year & rarely comes close to using them all. Any unused OV allocated money really doesn't go anywhere else.

like the government huh....spend it or lose it ?

Otherwise, might be a good Plan B for something else that does not pan out.    .   

What a roller coaster recruitment this guy has had. A different school is the favorite weekly. Seems to be a backup plan for several schools and the others seem unsure about him as a RB(his favored position). Im interested to see where he ends up, but I'll be surprised if it's here.

• Like 2

LSU drops out of the mix 4-star RB Harold Joiner

4-star RB Harold Joiner is pushing back his commitment.
Sam Spiegelman/SEC Country

SAN ANTONIO, Texas — LSU was the leader in the clubhouse for 4-star running back Harold Joiner for the bulk of his recruitment, but a communication mishap in late December has forced the Army All-American to focus his attention elsewhere.

Joiner, who was planning to commit to the Tigers on Saturday, Jan. 6 at the U.S. Army All-American Game, has eliminated LSU from contention.

“It was going to be LSU. I was [supposed to commit], but they stopped talking to me and I don’t know why,” Joiner told SEC Country at U.S. Army Game practice on Monday. “I was shocked, kind of heartbroken. I was ready to go to that school, but I guess they didn’t want me.”

LSU signed a pair of running backs during the early signing period: 4-star Chris Curry and 3-star Tae Provens.

Coach Ed Orgeron and running backs coach Tommie Robinson both went in-home with the Mountain Brook (Ala.) High School product, but cut off communication when the early signing period got underway.

“They loved me. They were in my house talking about family, staying overtime and then they didn’t answer,” Joiner recalled of the December in-home visits. “They were supposed to call me on the early signing period about what they wanted to do, but they didn’t call,. I tried to contact coach Tommie Robinson, but no one answered.”

Joiner is not expected to commit on Saturday anymore.

With LSU out of the picture, the 6-foot-3, 218-pound back named Auburn, Alabama, UCLA, Texas A&M, Florida and Florida State as his new top schools. A decision will likely follow his official visits.

Hope he learned a valuable lesson there. These coaches wine and dine you but you're just a number at times at the end of the day. 

Can you imagine going on a road trip and trying to hit a drive through for a quick bite and bathroom break and letting it be his turn to pick the fast food restaurant. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Hope he learned a valuable lesson there. These coaches wine and dine you but you're just a number at times at the end of the day. 

Good training for the business world.

• Like 1

Odd recruitment or not, I've wanted this kid since his thread was first added. Why would we need depth at RB anyway? It's not llke we lost the SEC Championship because we had no one ready to play. Oh wait...

You guys can say what you want about Malik Miller. He is not and never will be the answer. He is just too slow. Period. 

This kid could give us quality depth, and provide a very nice 1-2 punch with Martain.

• Like 1

And if he keeps growing and winds up the pass catching TE we haven't had since Lutz, bring it. We really should make this kid a priority for the class. He should of been since day 1. I understand there are only a few spots left, but get this kid signed!

10 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

And if he keeps growing and winds up the pass catching TE we haven't had since Lutz, bring it. We really should make this kid a priority for the class. He should of been since day 1. I understand there are only a few spots left, but get this kid signed!

Only reason we haven’t is because he’s been playing games with every staff

7 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I guess that part was left out of the sob-story piece above.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I guess that part was left out of the sob-story piece above.

It’s funny to me seriously because like why wouldn’t AU take this kid? He’s got so much potential and we wouldn’t take him because he runs like a finesse back? Don’t buy that. There’s a reason LSU dropped him and there’s a reason we did too for a time. Seems like Gus wants him because he’s pretty much taken over his recruitment as of late. He will probably end up being in our class. Gus is selling the Lutz/Fannin role to him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

It’s funny to me seriously because like why wouldn’t AU take this kid? He’s got so much potential and we wouldn’t take him because he runs like a finesse back? Don’t buy that. There’s a reason LSU dropped him and there’s a reason we did too for a time. Seems like Gus wants him because he’s pretty much taken over his recruitment as of late. He will probably end up being in our class. Gus is selling the Lutz/Fannin role to him.

If Joiner has come down off his high-horse about only going to be a RB and is accepting of the Lutz/Fannin role, so be it. Up until now he wasn't amenable to change. Maybe a dose of reality and a little humility has set in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Odd recruitment or not, I've wanted this kid since his thread was first added. Why would we need depth at RB anyway? It's not llke we lost the SEC Championship because we had no one ready to play. Oh wait...

You guys can say what you want about Malik Miller. He is not and never will be the answer. He is just too slow. Period. 

This kid could give us quality depth, and provide a very nice 1-2 punch with Martain.

If he would learn to not run like he is 5'8, 175.. Our 5'6 commit Worm Shivers runs with more physicality than HJ.

2 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Well that & he doesn't use much of the physical assets on the field that God gave him.