2018 4* RB Harold Joiner Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

3 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Bring him in, we need a future replacement for Cox anyway

He does not fit as a Cox replacement. Apparently, he is not big on contact. Secondly the staff seems to be moving away from the Cox FB position into more of a TE type look.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

He does not fit as a Cox replacement. Apparently, he is not big on contact. Secondly the staff seems to be moving away from the Cox FB position into more of a TE type look.

If we move away from a FB then we better recruit some RBs who can block and don't need 1-2 yrs to decide they need to put a face mask on someone. Foe too long we have went with a RB who is questionable in their ability to block so was reserved to certain roles and couldn't be on the field all the time.

1 hour ago, JFDTiger80 said:

It was kind of a joke.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JFDTiger80 said:

where is that been stated that we are moving away from the FB to the TE? 

But I agree Joiner would never work as a FB. Got to have strength and an attitude to be a blocking back and at times a receiver....

41 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

But I agree Joiner would never work as a FB. Got to have strength and an attitude to be a blocking back and at times a receiver....

many times by mods at all auburn pay sites. Chip is more of a passing guy and wants to utilize a TE more if we can get a good one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I think if you develop a kid like this enough you can overcome that. He's 6'3" and over 200 pounds for Christ sake...

I think Joiner would be an excellent get and could really give us a big back. ] 
a

3 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I think Joiner would be an excellent get and could really give us a big back. ] 
a

In my gut he's a must get and I couldn't tell you why. Just seems like someone we'll regret missing on if we don't get him

Just now, Zeek said:

In my gut he's a must get and I couldn't tell you why. Just seems like someone we'll regret missing on if we don't get him

the upside is there. the floor leaves something to be desired.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Zeek said:

It might just be gas

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

many times by mods at all auburn pay sites. Chip is more of a passing guy and wants to utilize a TE more if we can get a good one.

Anybody watching NO/Carolina NFL playoff will see the value of working the middle of the field, particularly with a big TE to create mismatches. Now not saying we can get an Olson but wouldn’t mind the Alaimo kid. Not sure HJ has the skill set or desire to be used that way.

Don't know why some can't seem to understand that we only have 5-6 spots left. We need OL, CB, TE, and LB much more than we need another RB!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, fredst said:

Anybody watching NO/Carolina NFL playoff will see the value of working the middle of the field, particularly with a big TE to create mismatches. Now not saying we can get an Olson but wouldn’t mind the Alaimo kid. Not sure HJ has the skill set or desire to be used that way.

that is why I am a big fan of lying to the kid! lol. I mean he is 17 he does not know where he would best be suited in college. he is not a feature rb. He could be a monster at TE. He already has great hands. he has his heart set on rb and that is why the elite schools have cooled on him. His best path to the NFL is to be a pass catching TE.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

that is why I am a big fan of lying to the kid! lol. I mean he is 17 he does not know where he would best be suited in college. he is not a feature rb. He could be a monster at TE. He already has great hands. he has his heart set on rb and that is why the elite schools have cooled on him. His best path to the NFL is to be a pass catching TE.

Sounds like what I have been saying the last couple of weeks. Dont steal my thunder GWill!!! ???? 

Just now, thaitopher said:

Sounds like what I have been saying the last couple of weeks. Dont steal my thunder GWill!!! ???? 

I will just be lighting!!! haha WE CAN BE A TEAM!!! like clint eastwood and jeff bridges were in one of my favorite movies!!! sound good fammy?! lol

MV5BMTQ0NzU4NjQ5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzM1

• Like 1

Bo was a big back and he did pretty good!  Ronnie Brown was a big back and did well!  I remember Brandon Jacobs who was one of the most under utilized backs of the Tuberville era. He was around 6-4 & 230 lbs and was a legit 4.4 forty.

Just now, doc4aday said:

Bo was a big back and he did pretty good!  Ronnie Brown was a big back and did well!  I remember Brandon Jacobs who was one of the most under utilized backs of the Tuberville era. He was around 6-4 & 230 lbs and was a legit 4.4 forty.

those were monsters who embraced punishing the defender. watch the film on joiner. your tune will change like mine did. He runs like he is the size of rusty williams or clifton robinson lol.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

those were monsters who embraced punishing the defender. watch the film on joiner. your tune will change like mine did. He runs like he is the size of rusty williams or clifton robinson lol.

Do you think he will be a feature back like KJ if he signs with us?

Just now, doc4aday said:

Do you think he will be a feature back like KJ if he signs with us?

no. I think we would give him every opportunity to make him a tight end.

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

the upside is there. the floor leaves something to be desired.

Yeah. He doesn't make the "bodies hit the floor"...

• Haha 1

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

no. I think we would give him every opportunity to make him a tight end.

If he is not going to be a RB, do you think we will try to get Smoke on board? Other than TE, do you think he has the tools to be a LB or Buck on defense?

1 hour ago, provibe said:

Don't know why some can't seem to understand that we only have 5-6 spots left. We need OL, CB, TE, and LB much more than we need another RB!

That depends how comfortable the staff are with the current RBs on roster as a #1 RB in the next season or 2.

2 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

If he is not going to be a RB, do you think we will try to get Smoke on board? Other than TE, do you think he has the tools to be a LB or Buck on defense?

that is way above my basic at best knowledge the COARCHes would know more than me sir! @bigbird 

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

It's likely 1 or the other in the class.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

that is way above my basic at best knowledge the COARCHes would know more than me sir! @bigbird 

I am pretty much in your boat my friend!