2018 4* RB Harold Joiner Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

• Like 1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I bet he commits 

if we let him to commit he would be a fool to slow play us... AGAIN and not jump on committing to us right away. If he does that probaly only ole miss takes him lol.

I’m ashamed to admit it but I’ve rarely been less excited about a highly rated guy. Just seems like we’ve spent most of the recruiting cycle talking about why we don’t really want him and now looking like we’ll sign him, lol. If he ends up at AU I hope he ends up an All-American and proves how stupid I am.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, fredst said:

I’m ashamed to admit it but I’ve rarely been less excited about a highly rated guy. Just seems like we’ve spent most of the recruiting cycle talking about why we don’t really want him and now looking like we’ll sign him, lol. If he ends up at AU I hope he ends up an All-American and proves how stupid I am.

I want him to be a all american at tight end!!! If he does that me and you will really go scar face on some coke and it not just be a AU family forum running joke! lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Wolk CBed him to Auburn

wolk has been pretty good this year. one of the first to crystal ball trey hill back to georgia after the rush of people flipping it to auburn.

Just now, fredst said:

We thought we had no chance so the fans soured on him.  

He is very good (very athletic) so is someone you take a chance on.   We need speed and athleticism and he has it.   

2 minutes ago, lala said:

We thought we had no chance so the fans soured on him.  

He is very good (very athletic) so is someone you take a chance on.   We need speed and athleticism and he has it.   

It was more because all of the top schools soured on him including AU. lsu and bama dropped him and we had cooled on him for awhile. It was not because we thought we would not get him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

wolk has been pretty good this year. one of the first to crystal ball trey hill back to georgia after the rush of people flipping it to auburn.

He’s still got Wonnum to Auburn. Dont understand that.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I want him to be a all american at tight end!!! If he does that me and you will really go scar face on some coke and it not just be a AU family forum running joke! lol

And, we’ll do it at a track meet tailgate by damn! War Damn Joiner!

• Love 1

Just now, aujeff11 said:

I wish it was because he had some top next level secret kind of intel but it is probaly because he honestly forgot haha.

• Haha 1

Just now, fredst said:

And, we’ll do it at a track meet tailgate by damn! War Damn Joiner!

WOOOOOO!!!! deal fammy!

• Love 1

Y’all remind me why you guys don’t want him again? He avoids contact for his size and slow played us the first time? That’s it right? 

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

Y’all remind me why you guys don’t want him again? He avoids contact for his size and slow played us the first time? That’s it right? 

I just watched the film @ellitor for so long told me to not be star gazing and just turn on his highlight tape WHICH IS HARD FOR ME TO DO because he is just a highly rated kid. He is def a t shirts and shorts warrior. He looks like tarzan plays like jane. I mean I do not wanna call him soft buuuuuuuuuuuuut.............. He is 6 4 and like 225. He should have a bruising style like bubba. But he is finesse. He has great soft hands. Great WR out of the backfield. I think he would make a heck of a pass catching TE.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Just hasn't thought to update it. The reporters don't live & die by their picks nor do they check some of their previous picks much. Just checked the picks section. Ben made the pick on August 23rd during a very brief time Wonnum named AU his leader.

Edited by ellitor

1 minute ago, im4au said:

#3 probably agrees with the elusiveness comments, but I doubt #7 is on board with the soft opinions.  

now that is more like it!!!!! that is what we want to see more of! His best highlights are like these where he goes out on routes and catches the ball.

If you follow Spiegelman's tweet string you'll see a stream of Joiner highlight plays.  My favs were the one I posted above, a layout catch on a bomb, and one weaving through traffic before bursting through defenders at the goal line.  I think the problem we had with Joiner was he wanted to be a "pure" rb and we wanted him as an H.  I think when he fell to the numbers game at LSU he decided H might be a good fit.  Sure looks like an H to me.

27 minutes ago, im4au said:

If you follow Spiegelman's tweet string you'll see a stream of Joiner highlight plays.  My favs were the one I posted above, a layout catch on a bomb, and one weaving through traffic before bursting through defenders at the goal line.  I think the problem we had with Joiner was he wanted to be a "pure" rb and we wanted him as an H.  I think when he fell to the numbers game at LSU he decided H might be a good fit.  Sure looks like an H to me.

FWIW we are recruiting him solely at RB now that we lost Kerryon & Bubba.

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FWIW we are recruiting him solely at RB now that we lost Kerryon & Bubba.

I saw him play this year. He is big but plays more like a small elusive back. If the RB coach can teach him to play with a little more power than finesse this kid could be really good.   

• Like 1