2018 4* RB Harold Joiner Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

4 minutes ago, toddc said:

I remember when people said kJ could never become an every down back, and similar saying Hj could never become a mean , nasty, power type runner! I believe he could and will if given the opportunity under couch Horton! Just too much talent to work with in him!

Some times you can't instill fight in a dog, or a potential cat in this case.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Sounding seriously like AU is interested and probably telling him either commit now or no more offer

I can't see that as good news. If so, that leaves us with four slots. 2 Ol, CB, LB, TE won't fit into four slots. If Joiner is being offered now, it means we feel really bad about some major targets.

• Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

It’s his over inflated ranking that’s biting him.  If he were rated a 3 star 87 the fan perception would be well we might be getting a diamond.  But he’s the #6 RB and definitely not worth it.  Either way on the ranking it’s 1 scholly regardless.  

And right now with 5 spots they are gold 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Some times you can't instill fight in a dog, or a potential cat in this case.

I THINK a lot of people are doing what I do 99.9% of the time.... STAR GAZING! they see his nice shiny composite number and go WOW! this guy is a stud. That is the only reason I think so many people are defending him imo. AND lol comparing KJ to Harold Joiner! COME ON NOW! KJ was the states mr football. KJ was a absolute filthy beast in high school. Joiner is good but KJ was on another level.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I can't see that as good news. If so, that leaves us with four slots. 2 Ol, CB, LB, TE won't fit into four slots. If Joiner is being offered now, it means we feel really bad about some major targets.

FWIW there are informed people elsewhere that say we will take 6 more total. That would only mean we get a reprieve on Carlito since he went to another FBS school immediately.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, corchjay said:

It’s his over inflated ranking that’s biting him.  If he were rated a 3 star 87 the fan perception would be well we might be getting a diamond.  But he’s the #6 RB and definitely not worth it.  Either way on the ranking it’s 1 scholly regardless.  

If you had your druthers, would you use one of our five remaining slots on Joiner?

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Is that with the waiver we are expecting as well.  Those positions you listed are a much higher priority in my opinion as well but the head ball coach seems to be making the call on this one

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Come on let's be real for a second here coach! it is the high ranking that has so many defending him in here. That is what I see going on. If he was a 3 star most people would be meh. Over it.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I THINK a lot of people are doing what I do 99.9% of the time.... STAR GAZING! they see his nice shiny composite number and go WOW! this guy is a stud. That is the only reason I think so many people are defending him imo. AND lol comparing KJ to Harold Joiner! COME ON NOW! KJ was the states mr football. KJ was a absolute filthy beast in high school. Joiner is good but KJ was on another level.

Agree not comparable at all.  KJ in the state championship did what rush for 3 TD on 8 carries for like 200 yards on an incredibly strong defense from Leeds

• Love 1

Is that with the waiver we are expecting as well.  Those positions you listed are a much higher priority in my opinion as well but the head ball coach seems to be making the call on this one

What waiver?

you just made me think of spurrier and got me excited envisioning if SoS was indeed our coach right now! lol Press conferences would be a lot more fun. OK! back to more should or shouldn't we with joiner.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FWIW there are informed people else that say we will take 6 more total. That would only mean we get a reprieve on Carlito since he went to another FBS school immediately.

I've been holding out that hope. Still don't see a borderline RB as a good use of one of only six slots, but that's just my opinion.

• Like 1

Come on let's be real for a second here coach! it is the high ranking that has so many defending him in here. That is what I see going on. If he was a 3 star most people would be meh. Over it.

No people are defending him because if he makes one major adjustment to his game he might be the 2nd best back in this class.  However that adjustment is very difficult to coach.  It’s totally on the kid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mikey said:

I've been holding out that hope. Still don't see a borderline RB as a good use of one of only six slots, but that's just my opinion.

Ditto.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

What waiver?

The one from the recruit last year that signed then went to Memphis maybe I’m calling it a waiver and it’s called something else

• Like 1

No people are defending him because if he makes one major adjustment to his game he might be the 2nd best back in this class.  However that adjustment is very difficult to coach.  It’s totally on the kid.

I think that is why YOU are defending him because you are the coach and see it! but fair! I accept that. Completely makes sense.

• Like 1

Just now, corchjay said:

The one from the recruit last year that signed then went to Memphis maybe I’m calling it a waiver and it’s called something else

I didn't know it was anything. I just thought he either counts or don't count since Memphis took him as part of the same yearly limit.

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

going hard after grad transfers on the OL is probaly not a good sign as well as going after joiner again and him maybe being a take. I hope it is more of the covering all your bases variety and not that we are not feeling good on the tackles we are crutin.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 2

Just now, ellitor said:

I didn't know it was anything. I just thought he either counts or don't count since Memphis took him as part of the same yearly limit.

I haven’t heard but the coaches probably have some kind of indication by now or expecting info on it anyday.  23 might know something official 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

When we say TE we mean the pass catching Ephram type. We could have other guys that block.

And FWIW you don't have to play a position to have immense potential at a position before getting to college. For example, if Joey G had hypothetically decided he wanted to play TE there are many recruiting analysts & coaches that say he would be the #1 rated TE in this class ahead of notable Luke Ford & fringe 5* Jeremy Ruckert. Then again, Joey has shown time and again he will truck a B diesel style in a heart beat.

Fair enough 

going hard after grad transfers on the OL is probaly not a good sign as well as going after joiner again and him maybe being a take. I hope it is more of the covering all your bases variety and not that we are not feeling good on the tackles we are crutin.

This shouldn’t be in this thread but a lot of that in my opinion is how Ashley, Sammons, Troxell and Sharpe are developing.  If we think we need a solid contribution next year I’m all for a GT.  I didn’t understand why we took Wilson last year.  Horton was ready and looked ready in my opinion the year before.

• Like 2

Random time for this thread to take off by the way. People are going to wake up in the morning & see the number of unread posts & pages they have here & say, "He had to have committed but E ddidn't pin the thread or add Commits to AU!!! in the thread title." WTH!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If Fuqua gray shirts Auburn would have 7 slots available correct? That is if Gonzales doesn't count against the 2017 class since he signed with Memphis.

Edited by aufan57

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Random time for this thread to take off by the way. People are going to wake up in the morning & see the number of unread posts & pages they have here & say, "He had to have committed but E ddidn't pin the thread or add Commits to AU!!! in the thread title." WTH!

Weird way to describe it but where there is smoke...