2018 4* RB Harold Joiner Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

22 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don't see it that way. It's an indication that we missed on players at other positions and Joiner is the next best available. Was signing two 4* RB's in this class an indication of past failures? We're trying to get four or even five WR in this class. Is that an indication of past failures at WR? Not at all.

No. But we planned all along to take 2. If we take a 3rd now, which we weren't going to do before KJ & Bubba went pro,  it's an indication the staff isn't sold on anybody being RB1 for next season as of now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mikey said:

We have one RB whose speed may be questioned, that's Miller. The other returnees, K. Mart, Barrett and Whitlow are all "fast". The two signees are fast.

I took his comment on overall offensive team speed

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He is. 90.5% to 85%.

Oh well then I guess it’s “average days correct” that reflects Neibuhr’s higher rank. 

6 minutes ago, Roos said:

E- what are we taking him as? a RB, ATH or TE?

Only as a RB & been that way since KJ & Bubba left.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

• ellitor featured and pinned this topic

Ok peeps. Regardless of opinions on HJ let's celebrate this big day for him for a few days before debating the merits again of taking him.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

I know some are hesitant but this kids size alone has me excited. He should turn into an animal for us once he learns to use his size!

War Eagle

Boom!

• Like 1

Let me add one more thing...our turnover rates at Running Back really helps justify taking three backs. The last few seasons we've had RB's leave for pro almost every year, transfer for playing time, or even being removed for violation issues, and injuries.

Bringing in three should allow you to use redshirts and really breed some competition for a future and brutal group of backs. Who knows maybe the offensive PTB are looking for more of a committee approach at RB instead of running one or two guys into the ground.

Plus our current group of backs were apparently not big enough for certain teams linebackers so I'll take the big boy with tremendous upside.

• Like 2

It's been mentioned a few times but I would encourage folks to check out Kalen Ballage highlights from 2016. Not even close to apples to apples but if you want to see Lindsey calling plays for a guy with Joiner's dimensions, there you go.

Congrats and War Eagle, Harold! Embrace the grind and you can do big things here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1