2018 4* RB Harold Joiner Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Let me add one more thing...our turnover rates at Running Back really helps justify taking three backs. The last few seasons we've had RB's leave for pro almost every year, transfer for playing time, or even being removed for violation issues, and injuries.

Bringing in three should allow you to use redshirts and really breed some competition for a future and brutal group of backs. Who knows maybe the offensive PTB are looking for more of a committee approach at RB instead of running one or two guys into the ground.

Plus our current group of backs were apparently not big enough for certain teams linebackers so I'll take the big boy with tremendous upside.

Very well stated.  All three points - SPOT ON

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, corchjay said:

He will play a Hybrid Role.  Flex TE and RB.  Like Charles Clay from Tulsa.  

Sounds familiar :moon:

• Like 1

AUsome , hope are coaching staff uses his to the best of his ability . 

Thats 18 4 stars , is that a new record of 4 stars ? Or are the handing out 4 stars a lot easier these days ? 

3 hours ago, im4au said:

War Eagle!  He's coming in as an RB. but our coaches aren't going to waste that height or those hands.  Big upside.

Hope they won't.

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Let's add Ross while we're at it lol

We don't need him. He's looking like a Clemson lock more now than ever anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

We don't need him. He's looking like a Clemson lock more now than ever anyway.

It'd be a clean sweep though lol

As long as we don't lose Hill and Ross to Clemson

5 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

With his height, what’s his ideal playing weight?

Depends on actual frame and at what point adding weight hurts quickness & elusiveness. For the most part there's no true ideal weight for any height. It's all person specific.

2 hours ago, bmartin3228 said:

AUsome , hope are coaching staff uses his to the best of his ability . 

Thats 18 4 stars , is that a new record of 4 stars ? Or are the handing out 4 stars a lot easier these days ? 

17 and no. TOSU has 17 also. Michigan, Oklahoma, & Bama had 19, 18, & 18 last year respectively. It's not even an AU record. We had 19 in 2015.

6 hours ago, im4au said:

War Eagle!  He's coming in as an RB. but our coaches aren't going to waste that height or those hands.  Big upside.

You sure? Marquis McClain says hello

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Ok I finally watched joiners tape . Quick guy, not fast, great hands . Not a physical runner yet. Great moves for a guy his size . Could do a lot with him . Reminds me of Aaron Hernandez minus .. well you know . 

He needs a great offseason with plenty of strength and conditioning. 

25 minutes ago, ellitor said:

17 and no. TOSU has 17 also. Michigan, Oklahoma, & Bama had 19, 18, & 18 last year respectively. It's not even an AU record. We had 19 in 2015.

Sorry meant record for Auburn not those other schools.

On 2/11/2017 at 8:49 AM, JoeinPF said:

Looking at his footwork, he doesn't run like a "big" back. But most importantly he can catch th ball. I can see why CCL has him high on his board, perfect for Chip' O game plan

Great.

But will we actually throw to a running back. And if we only play one RB per year, will he actually play?

On 2/14/2017 at 5:14 PM, Beaker said:

any possibility that Joiner plays TE in college?  I know he is a tad short, but could be a heck of a threat in that position. Hands, speed, elusive (geez his film shows that)....   Look at what he did at 0:59 into the film.  I think he could get deep into the secondary 2-3 times a game with some short TE routes. Kinda cradles the ball as he catches it, but that can be changed. 

But you have to want to throw to a TE.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Depends on actual frame and at what point adding weight hurts quickness & elusiveness. For the most part there's no true ideal weight for any height. It's all person specific.

I know, but not knowing much about his frame, etc., I was wondering what more knowledgeable folks might think.

5 hours ago, corchjay said:

He will play a Hybrid Role.  Flex TE and RB.  Like Charles Clay from Tulsa.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

But you have to want to throw to a TE.

We do, just don’t have the personnel to do so.

4 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Did not realize that Gus worked with the TE for the Bills. He was very strong before he got hurt this year.

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

@GwillMac6 alter

fat-kid-celebrates.gif?ssl=1

• Haha 1

Congrats to @ClaytonAU on this one!!! HE HAS BEEN THE BIGGEST JOINER FAN THIS WHOLE TIME!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you fam!!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!!! congrats brother!!! you have first dibs when he becomes a all american TE to be more excited about him than anyone else and be able to say you believed in him all along even though a lot of us had our doubts and questions!!! WAR EAGLE TO Auburns version of Charles Clay Harold Joiner on his commitment!!! WAR EAGLE!!!!!

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Congrats to @ClaytonAU on this one!!! HE HAS BEEN THE BIGGEST JOINER FAN THIS WHOLE TIME!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you fam!!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!!! congrats brother!!! you have first dibs when he becomes a all american TE to be more excited about him than anyone else and be able to say you believed in him all along even though a lot of us had our doubts and questions!!! WAR EAGLE TO Auburns version of Charles Clay Harold Joiner on his commitment!!! WAR EAGLE!!!!!

:-\ okay 

• Haha 3

On 2/14/2017 at 1:44 PM, ClaytonAU said:

I like this kid a lot and hope he grows into the 6'3 frame similar to another RB who just won the heisman a year ago...

Guess you were right @GwillMac6... if he’s a bust I’ll eat my crow