2018 4* RB Harold Joiner Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

we need to do this. I wonder why the staff didn't get on this sooner. We have to expand our offense and using a pass catching/run threat like Joiner as a TE like Charles Clay would be the perfect way to do so. It makes too much sense. 

FWIW those types of recruits don't grow on trees.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Anywayyy...Back to our regularly scheduled programming. I didn't realize this but Charles Clay, the player AU wants to use HJ like, is currently a TE for the Buffalo Bills. I am excited to see what this staff may do with Joiner as an Athlete. I hope it works well for him & AU.

I just hope that what we keep hearing from CL and GM translates to the practices and to the real games. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Looks like the snowflakes aren't only in Wisconsin...I kidd, I kidd. Hopefully, this is actually implemented by opening day. We need a release valve other than Hastings and Davis. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

TEs are like FBs....you mostly have to make your own.     I recall back in the day when the way teams found their linebackers was to recruit full backs.....this from the days when every HS had fullbacks and the guy was usually the most hard-nosed toughest kid on the team. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

There is no guarantee he is a Charles Clay type player.  As we have all seen his film.  He has to toughen up quite a bit to fill that roll.  Hope he can, but this was a huge risk for the staff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

There is no guarantee he is a Charles Clay type player.  As we have all seen his film.  He has to toughen up quite a bit to fill that roll.  Hope he can, but this was a huge risk for the staff.

True but he does have the athleticism for that role which is what I was referring to in my OP.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

TEs are like FBs....you mostly have to make your own.     I recall back in the day when the way teams found their linebackers was to recruit full backs.....this from the days when every HS had fullbacks and the guy was usually the most hard-nosed toughest kid on the team.

Indeed. Scat-back types that convert to HB/TE are few and far between.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

True but he does have the athleticism for that role which is what I was referring to in my OP.

Not saying you, but we do have a tendency on this site to get overhyped about a high school kid before he even attends the school and practices with the team.  I feel that hype going crazy with Joey Gatewood already, he is very raw and inexperienced when it comes to being a QB, but he sure has the tools to be special.  

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Not saying you, but we do have a tendency on this site to get overhyped about a high school kid before he even attends the school and practices with the team.  I feel that hype going crazy with Joey Gatewood already, he is very raw and inexperienced when it comes to being a QB, but he sure has the tools to be special.  

It happens at every school, with every fan base, on at least 1 or more prospects every year. Not exclusive to AU or this site. It's part of being a fanatic & is normal.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

This . Watching film I noticed he couldn’t bust a grape in a fruit fight . I was stoked about the get because I think he has great size and potential. But he has to toughen up mentally and physically 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It happens at every school, with every fan base, on at least 1 or more prospects every year. Not exclusive to AU or this site. It's part of being a fanatic & is normal.

I guess that is why I am a phan!!!   It may be normal for a minority of a base to behave that way, but it does not make it normal.   lol  @GwillMac6 would be offended if you called him normal!!!!!

• Love 1

I haven't seen anyone predict what Joiner will do at Auburn. Only offering ideas on what kind of role he might fill in the offense if he progresses well. There's no hype train going off the tracks here. Pretty sure that anyone offering those thoughts has already also offered the same less flattering observations on his physicality. We all know this. Like @ellitor said a little while back, let's just take a minute to celebrate the commitment. The 28 page scouting report didn't change all of a sudden.

As for Gatewood, I haven't seen excessive hype for him, either. The "worst" thing I've seen people say is that he will immediately start over Willis, which when you think about it isn't some insane prediction. I might've missed some bolder claims about future NFL success and such, though. 

4 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I guess that is why I am a phan!!!   It may be normal for a minority of a base to behave that way, but it does not make it normal.   lol  @GwillMac6 would be offended if you called him normal!!!!!

FTR. I have expressed the same concerns as you but have decided to not do so and asked others to do the same for a few days out of respect to him and the joy of picking a college, specifically Auburn University.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I haven't seen anyone predict what Joiner will do at Auburn. Only offering ideas on what kind of role he might fill in the offense if he progresses well. There's no hype train going off the tracks here. Pretty sure that anyone offering those thoughts has already also offered the same less flattering observations on his physicality. We all know this. Like @ellitor said a little while back, let's just take a minute to celebrate the commitment. The 28 page scouting report didn't change all of a sudden.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

As for Gatewood, I haven't seen excessive hype for him, either. The "worst" thing I've seen people say is that he will immediately start over Willis, which when you think about it isn't some insane prediction. I might've missed some bolder claims about future NFL success and such, though. 

Oh okay, let me turn this thing.....Ohhhhhhh...Ahhhh. Oops.

Train+crash+test_4feb3f_5327427.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

I very much agree with this!!!! lol normal is boring!!!! 

12 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I very much agree with this!!!! lol normal is boring!!!! 

It's normal for fanatics to be fanatical which is anything but boring so...:P

Edited by ellitor
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Looks like the snowflakes aren't only in Wisconsin...I kidd, I kidd. Hopefully, this is actually implemented by opening day. We need a release valve other than Hastings and Davis. 

Having Alaimo as that will help this offense out so much it's ridiculous.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It's normal for fanatics to be fanatical which is anything but boring so...:P

WOOO!!! LETS GO!!!! THE E man gets it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Clearly lead with his helmet. Toss his a$$.

your sig photo may be my favorite out of anyone elses on this board. very cool. Jeremy Johnson looks like a jedi master! lol

1 hour ago, SumterAubie said:

Clearly lead with his helmet. Toss his a$$.

Awesome! 

7 hours ago, auburnphan said:

"Everyone is weird in their own special way."
--Me

• Like 1