2018 4* RB Harold Joiner Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

On 2/27/2017 at 8:10 AM, AuburnNTexas said:

A lot of 3* players wait till signing day as they are on the bubble with a team they like  so to have a chance with that team they need to find out if that team has an opening. It is that or commit to smebody and at the last minute when you get the offer you wanted pull the rug out from the team that you committed to.

Yeah, I get that. But at the same time don't a lot of 3* players commit early, so they are assured a spot in the class? I don't follow recruiting ultra heavily, so I don't know for sure. 

6 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I think he will make it into this class because of his size and athleticism either at another position or because also fits the big back type Auburn likes.

I don't understand how we can have guys like Payton Barber and Malik Miller and not want this guy. He looks like he could do some real damage in our offense. Especially since our new OC likes throwing to RBs

3 hours ago, Beaker said:

he will have a choice:  Auburn as prob a TE or similar or maybe a non SEC school as a RB.  Or maybe UK or Vandy as a RB....I would love to see him at Auburn with his gifts.  You never know how things turn out.  Case in point: Stanton Truitt 

Similar gifts, but Joiner is much much bigger.

He would be a big WR in the physical build a la Duke long before being a TE.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Yeah, I get that. But at the same time don't a lot of 3* players commit early, so they are assured a spot in the class? I don't follow recruiting ultra heavily, so I don't know for sure.

Answered on previous page.

So this guy is a possible question mark, might be a project at WR and so forth, but we won't have room for Butterbean Webb at RB? That's a real head scratcher.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Indeed I do. Under appreciated guy imo.

I liked him but thought he could have been quite a bit better. He had the whole fumblitis sickness at some big moments. He had nice, size, speed, and power. 

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

So this guy is a possible question mark, might be a project at WR and so forth, but we won't have room for Butterbean Webb at RB? That's a real head scratcher.

Who has said he is a question mark? Reality is we don't know who is a take right now at RB because it has not been reported other than Lingard being the top priority. Only the staff knows their pecking order right now.

Edited by ellitor

I'm not on the coaching staff but for me Teague, Provens, Martin, and butterbean are higher on my board just from limited video.  We only need 2 RB this cycle.  Worm is already on board and think the coaching staff will stick with him.  So that leaves 1 spot basically.  

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

I'm not on the coaching staff but for me Teague, Provens, Martin, and butterbean are higher on my board just from limited video.  We only need 2 RB this cycle.  Worm is already on board and think the coaching staff will stick with him.  So that leaves 1 spot basically.  

With respect, the staff plans to take 3 as of now so that's 2 spots atm.

Just now, corchjay said:

Thanks E.  that's good to know.  Hope we swing for the fences on one of the spots.  Cook, Z. White, Lingard one of those types

Lingard is the #1 RB on the AU board. They are still swinging hard but pulling him from Miami will be very tough.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Lingard is the #1 RB on the AU board. They are still swinging hard but pulling him from Miami will be very tough.

Any idea on the board below Lingard.  Hope Teague is high dude straight baller.  IMO

6 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Any idea on the board below Lingard.  Hope Teague is high dude straight baller.  IMO

Nope.

18 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Indeed I do. Under appreciated guy imo.

More like unjustly criticized guy. He was the first Auburn player I can remember who had a couple of mistakes and was immediately labeled as a fumble liability.  I loved watching Mario play.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

More like unjustly criticized guy. He was the first Auburn player I can remember who had a couple of mistakes and was immediately labeled as a fumble liability.  I loved watching Mario play.

That's how I remember it, too.

I don't begrudge folks that opinion, much as I disagree with it. And you're right, he was just one of many to be given the business, so it wasn't personal. 

He was also one of the first guys who I got more of a feel for as a person through social media, and he seemed to be a really solid human being and an Auburn guy to the bone. So that probably made me root for him a little harder. Yet another Auburn RB who would've at least stuck around in the NFL as a reserve if not for injuries. He made noise in camp at Denver a couple seasons in a row, IIRC, but kept getting hurt.

Anyway... I wonder if Joiner, H-back, etc.

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Anyway... I wonder if Joiner, H-back, etc.

I still see him as a tight end, in my less informed attempt to read Chip Lindsey's tea leaves.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

I still see him as a tight end, in my less informed attempt to read Chip Lindsey's tea leaves.

I want an OJ Howard so bad.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Me too! That's one thing I look forward to with Lindsey is the use of more versatile players, hopefully. Also hope he continues to use Cox as a blocker and pass catcher. I'd love to see us line up in a pistol type set with Cox and Pettway in the backfield, a TE and 2. WR. Then keep all those guys on the field throughout a drive utilizing both our power running game and spread it out passing. 

5 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Me too! That's one thing I look forward to with Lindsey is the use of more versatile players, hopefully. Also hope he continues to use Cox as a blocker and pass catcher. I'd love to see us line up in a pistol type set with Cox and Pettway in the backfield, a TE and 2. WR. Then keep all those guys on the field throughout a drive utilizing both our power running game and spread it out passing. 

Where do I sign?

32 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You may have had him if Chiz did not mess up sending a letter to OJ before a high school playoff game wishing him good luck against Daphne thinking OJ went to Prattville High. OJ went to Autauga Academy & we were behind the 8 ball with him & his mom from that point on. 

Just now, ellitor said:

You may have had him if Chiz did not mess up sending a letter to OJ before a high school playoff game wishing him good luck against Daphne thinking OJ went to Prattville High. OJ went to Autauga Academy & we were behind the 8 ball with him & his mom from that point on. 

:slapfh:

This reminds me of professional athletes driving while intoxicated. You *gotta* have a guy for that!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

:slapfh:

This reminds me of professional athletes driving while intoxicated. You *gotta* have a guy for that!

Yup!

3 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

You are probably right, but as i remember it always seemed to be that he fumbled at the worst possible moment.  Like on a long run with one man to beat or inside our own 15.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

He was unjustly criticized for his career as a whole but he absolutely lost us the south florida game in 07. He was SO bad with horribly timed fumbles. He was a stud for the most part afterwards but he could never shake the fumble rep after that game. One of the better catching backs we have ever had.