2018 4* RB Harold Joiner Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

On 1/14/2018 at 2:05 PM, McLoofus said:

It's been mentioned a few times but I would encourage folks to check out Kalen Ballage highlights from 2016. Not even close to apples to apples but if you want to see Lindsey calling plays for a guy with Joiner's dimensions, there you go.

Congrats and War Eagle, Harold! Embrace the grind and you can do big things here.

I have never ever heard of Kalen Ballage before this. I watched the video. He looks really good. If Joiner ends up being close to as good as Ballage, AU will have gotten a great commitment.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I have never ever heard of Kalen Ballage before this. I watched the video. He looks really good. If Joiner ends up being close to as good as Ballage, AU will have gotten a great commitment.

Around 10 carries and 4 catches for 80 yards and a TD a game in 2016. Imagine getting that out of RB2. (He was actually 3rd in total carries, behind RB1 and the QB. As for the TD stat, it's a little misleading since 8 of them were in that one game.)

Again, mainly just wanted to mention that our offensive coordinator has used a similarly shaped RB creatively and effectively in both the running and passing game. And then, of course, there's Charles Clay as others have pointed out.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, im4au said:

Waaaay too early to count out Marquis. 

People seem to forget Marquis McClain is a redshirt freshman playing under a junior. 

Edited by ClaytonAU
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

People seem to forget Marquis McClain is a redshirt freshman playing under a junior. 

Absolutely correct! He got more chances as the season went along. People think he was the same at the opening game as he was in the bowl game. No, he improved and as he improved he got more playing time. I guess that makes too much sense for some to grasp the concept.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1