2018 4* RB Harold Joiner Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

Sooo this Harold Joiner cat seems to be a talented big dude.

Totally on me this time. I'll put myself in timeout. 

52 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Totally on me this time. I'll put myself in timeout. 

No timeout needed. Was just a friendly nudge in the right direction.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Image result for put yourself in timeout

Until I'm able to play nice with others, I guess I'll just play with mys... wait a second... that's not what I... what I meant to...

Crap.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Image result for put yourself in timeout

Sincerely, Jeff

FIFY.

Seriously though. Wishing him the best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Until I'm able to play nice with others, I guess I'll just play with mys... wait a second... that's not what I... what I meant to...

Crap.

23829f70fdd30fd31bf2aeb970dd6b06ea75458e

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

How significant is this? Certainly doesn't suck for him. Congrats, dude.

Significant in terms of what?

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

Significant in terms of what?

Is this award any actual predictor of future success or indication of his skill level? I know the answer to the first question is no but mainly I'm just curious if it changes the perception of him as a player for the better. 

47 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Is this award any actual predictor of future success or indication of his skill level? I know the answer to the first question is no but mainly I'm just curious if it changes the perception of him as a player for the better. 

I think it changes his perception at least by the sites, particularly Rivals, who has him as a 3* & was the exclusive sponsor of the event.

• Like 1

Who did he compete against to win this MVP award and what type of events? 

24 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Who did he compete against to win this MVP award and what type of events? 

No clue. Google Rivals Camp Series New Orleans 2017 and see what pulls up.

I Googled as E suggested.  He competed in Both Rivals Speed Combine on Saturday and the Three Stripe camp on Sunday

Information below in Quotes came from the Rivals Site I visited it describes events and also How Joiner was rated but did not have any of his times. I also did not find out who he was competing against.

https://n.rivals.com/news/rivals-3-stripe-camp-stars-shine-in-new-Orleans

"The Rivals New Speed Combines, for players graduating in 2018-21, will be held on Saturdays. Players will record times in the key football testing areas: 40-yard dash, shuttle run, 3-cone drill, vertical jump and broad jump.

Players attending Rivals 3 Stripe Camps – considered the premier events in the country – will receive instruction from top former NFL and college players and coaches in the morning, then compete one-on-one in the afternoon

Three-star running back Harold Joiner walked away with running back MVP honors at the event after an impressive weekend that saw come him to the Rivals New Speed Combine on Saturday and test off the charts and deliver again on Sunday at the Three Stripe Camp. Joiner was the unanimous favorite at the position among the coaches and analysts and it’s easy to see why he’s already racked up so many offers, including most recently LSU."

• 2 weeks later...

HJ just got a big jump by 247 to boost him back to a composite 4*. It came from a very good performance at the Nike ATL Regional Camp. That is the 2nd major regional camp he has excelled at this Spring. He is now the # 3 RB prospect & # 54 overall in the nation rated by 247 Sports. Title updated.

• Like 1

I miss the good old days when coaches went to watch a kid play the game to evaluate them. Now if you run fast and jump high and do well in a flag foootball game, you get a high ranking. The same is true for baseball. Put kids on an artificial mound, check their radar speed, then dub them a great pitcher. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

HJ just got a big jump by 247 to boost him back to a composite 4*. It came from a very good performance at the Nike ATL Regional Camp. That is the 2nd major regional camp he has excelled at this Spring. He is now the # 3 RB prospect & # 54 overall in the nation rated by 247 Sports. Title updated.

Auburn is KILLING IT in the early evaluation game this year. Best I can ever remember under Gus. Joiner and Jibunor (spell check) got huge bumps by 247. SO glad we got in on them early. Hopefully it pays off in the end.

• Like 1

I want this kid SO bad. I think he's going to be an absolute stud! I still can't believe that Alabama isn't pushing for him with his size. I really hope we can lock him down before UAT becomes a factor.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CameronCrazy said:

I want this kid SO bad. I think he's going to be an absolute stud! I still can't believe that Alabama isn't pushing for him with his size. I really hope we can lock him down before UAT becomes a factor.

I am just worried about LSU right now. Ed O is not someone you take lightly on the trail as he showed in Feb by closing on tyler taylor.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am just worried about LSU right now. Ed O is not someone you take lightly on the trail as he showed in Feb by closing on tyler taylor.

Yes, he must put some interesting hallucinogens in that Bayou boudin to make those commits think playing at LSU under him is a good decision. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaitopher said:

Yes, he must put some interesting hallucinogens in that Bayou boudin to make those commits think playing at LSU under him is a good decision. 

Its called Jo-El this guy is the big recruiter for LSU.....trust me I've seen him in action

• Like 2