2018 4* RB Harold Joiner Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

3 hours ago, fredst said:

I hear ya, but I think physicality is something you either have or you don't. Frost comes quickly to mind....

Bill Parcells said, "if they don't bite when they're a puppy, they're probably not gonna bite."

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

He wants to go somewhere where he is RB1 & maybe the only RB in the class.

Bye Felicia.

• Like 1

Since we already have Shivers if Auburn were to get either Joiner or Pierce does this mean Auburn is through at RB?

Edited by milehighfan

12 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Since we already have Shivers if Auburn were to get either Joiner or Pierce does this mean Auburn is through at RB?

If it were Joiner, we would still pursue Pierce

5 hours ago, milehighfan said:

If Pierce then likely yes. If Joiner then unlikely IMO.

I read an article on  SEC Country and talking about Joiner they didn't seem to see what all the fuss was about. Apparently they didn't think he was the be all to end all.

Edited by milehighfan

2 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I read an article on  SEC Country and talking about Joiner they didn't seem to see what all the fuss was about. Apparently they didn't think he was the be all to end all.

A good number of us have said the same. I like him as an athlete & can see him as a great Flex TE but I don't see him being a good RB.

I've watched him play numerous times.  He's a great athlete.  He isn't going to be our (or any major D1 schools) RB1.  If he succeeds, then good for him sticking to his guns.  

saw an instagram video of him recently messing around running a 1/2 speed 5 yard in pattern.  Caught the football while doing a backflip - while running forwards.

the kid is gifted, but combined with his 6'3" frame, I just don't see him as a major college running back.  He seems to be a legit 6'3".

he also was a talented basketball player before giving it up for football.

• Like 3

Is any SEC program offering him as a straight up RB?

ACC?

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

Is any SEC program offering him as a straight up RB?

ACC?

No clue. He really hasn't said in interviews.

5 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

The liars, would be my guess

unfortunately you are prob right.

I hope one of two things happen:

HJ has a break-out year and proves everyone wrong about his running ability.

Or, he embraces his likely role as a TE or similar....

Or I guess if he really wants to be a RB1, go find that program and that conference.  

Math may not be my strength anymore....

The reason that NFL running backs are usually in the 5′10″ to 6′1″ range (and the 190# to 225# range) is simply because that is what works best.  Of course there are exceptions, I just don't see those intangibles in his game.

• Like 2

On 7/17/2017 at 11:14 PM, auburnphan said:

The reason that NFL running backs are usually in the 5′10″ to 6′1″ range (and the 190# to 225# range) is simply because that is what works best.  Of course there are exceptions, I just don't see those intangibles in his game.

If he was a physical runner I'd love him as a RB.

lolz what happened to michigan state?! ..............

34 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lolz what happened to michigan state?! ..............

Now did he not back off LSU because they had a couple of RB commits and a crowded backfield. What does he think the turds backfield looks like, not empty by any means. Especially for a guy set on playing RB. I guess saban's voice is like the Pide Piper to recruits. 

8 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Now did he not back off LSU because they had a couple of RB commits and a crowded backfield. What does he think the turds backfield looks like, not empty by any means. Especially for a guy set on playing RB. I guess saban's voice is like the Pide Piper to recruits. 

you def answered your own question! lol

29 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

also HERE is where I am on this. Since Justyn Ross dropped so far in the rankings I THINK Harold Joiner is now the top prospect in the state of alabama now. This is where I go all conspiracy theory on y'all. I think Saban all of sudden is pushing so hard for him now because of this. He just loves the feather in his cap of getting the top ranked player in the state. Everyone has a conspiracy theory about saban and bama and this is mine! lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

also HERE is where I am on this. Since Justyn Ross dropped so far in the rankings I THINK Harold Joiner is now the top prospect in the state of alabama now. This is where I go all conspiracy theory on y'all. I think Saban all of sudden is pushing so hard for him now because of this. He just loves the feather in his cap of getting the top ranked player in the state. Everyone has a conspiracy theory about saban and bama and this is mine! lol

Nice theory. 1 problem with it though. HJ is not the top rated player in the state. He's still not even in the top 3...

Just now, ellitor said:

Nice theory. 1 problem with it though. HJ is not the top rated player in the state. He's still not even in the top 3...

I HAVE TO BE CAREFUL WITH YOU!! SNEAKY SNEAKY!!! I think in 247 rankings alone not the composite he is the top ranked player. E what are we going to do with you?! always trying to trip us up and catch us on mistakes!!! lol you keep us on our toes.

• Like 1

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I HAVE TO BE CAREFUL WITH YOU!! SNEAKY SNEAKY!!! I think in 247 rankings alone not the composite he is the top ranked player. E what are we going to do with you?! always trying to trip us up and catch us on mistakes!!! lol you keep us on our toes.

Well I go by the composite just as most people do so...lol

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Well I go by the composite just as most people do so...lol

I should of said I think he is number 1 in the state of alabama rankings BY ONE set of rankings. Always got to specify with you around. BUT IT MAKES US ALL BETTER! you poke holes on everything we say!!! hahaha WOOO!!!!

Edited by GwillMac6