2018 4* RB Harold Joiner Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

It's likely 1 or the other in the class.

which one do think would best suite our needs? One other question. Do you think that this class is going to be Gus' best class so far?

Edited by doc4aday

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

that is way above my basic at best knowledge the COARCHes would know more than me sir! @bigbird 

Bird is a defensive coach. He doesn't know how to score. He knows how to keep others from scoring.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I am pretty much in your boat my friend!

Mild mannered Doc & boisterous GWill in the same boat. Now that's an odd boat couple.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Mild mannered Doc & boisterous GWill in the same boat. Now that's an odd boat couple.

Like Gilligan and the skipper!

• Love 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Bird is a defensive coach. He doesn't know how to score. He knows how to keep others from scoring.

He told me he is no longer a offensive coach because parents (golf) would complain that he ran the score up to much!!! all the man knew was how to score points! steve spurrier of texas they called him! lol

• Haha 1

Just now, doc4aday said:

Like Gilligan and the skipper!

do you want mary anne or ginger?! I call dibs on mary anne! lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

do you want mary anne or ginger?! I call dibs on mary anne! lol

Both were sweethearts. Too bad that Bob Denver (I think this is his real name), passed away some year ago. I loved that show. The only way now to see those shows is on youtube. DirectV just does not show many of those shows any more. I do not understand why. If anyone knows of a channel that shows these besides youtube, let me know.

Ginger works for me!

Edited by doc4aday
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

which one do think would best suite our needs? One other question. Do you think that this class is going to be Gus' best class so far?

1. IDK. I'm not sold on either one.

2. No. We'd need all of Quay Gouraige, & Barnes to get close to his 1st 3 classes...And Joiner to be the best total score. It may end up his most complete class though which is more important.

30 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

that is way above my basic at best knowledge the COARCHes would know more than me sir! @bigbird 

With his lack of physicality, I'd be apprehensive to move him to D. That said, I'd love to have a 6'3 215lbs safety, but I don't think his skill set would translate to that position. JMO

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

With his lack of physicality, I'd be apprehensive to move him to D. That said, I'd love to have a 6'3 215lbs safety, but I don't think his skill set would translate to that position. JMO

safety?! we talking about tight ends not safety!!!  lol

tenor.gif?itemid=3557651

39 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

safety?! we talking about tight ends not safety!!!  lol

A guy that dodges contact seems a poor candidate for the TE position.

• Like 2

Just now, Mikey said:

A guy that dodges contact seems a poor candidate for the TE position.

and even worse for the rb position.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

Are there any current players, who are being underutilized, that you believe could transition and become a Kam Chancellor type safety? 

Edited by aufan57
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

Are there any current players, who are being underutilized, that you believe could transition and become a Kam Chancellor type safety? 

No

how did Joiner look in the US Army game?

This was obviously against the most 'ready' college bound players he has played against.  

4 minutes ago, Beaker said:

how did Joiner look in the US Army game?

This was obviously against the most 'ready' college bound players he has played against.  

He got smushed on his few carries, but in fairness, his O-line didn't give him a chance. He played quite a few snaps in spite of not many carries so maybe the coaches liked him during the week's practice. I watched the entire game and still didn't see enough to form an opinion.

We have needs at other positions that are much, much greater than signing a 3rd running back. Nothing against either Joiner or Smoke, but I hope we stick with the two 4* RB's we have signed and get help at O-line, LB and CB. There are only about four slots left. I don't see using one of those on a third RB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

We have needs at other positions that are much, much greater than signing a 3rd running back. Nothing against either Joiner or Smoke, but I hope we stick with the two 4* RB's we have signed and get help at O-line, LB and CB. There are only about four slots left. I don't see using one of those on a third RB.

I 100% believe you - build the team from the OL and DL, outward.  A great O line gives you many options that a marginal line can't provide.   Just look at how average Stidham looked when the O Line was poor.  When they played well, Stidham looked like a savant.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

True........Just ask his wife

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Nothing against either Joiner or Smoke, but I hope we stick with the two 4* RB's we have signed and get help at O-line, LB and CB. There are only about four slots left. I don't see using one of those on a third RB.

I'm ok with just taking the 2 RB's and taking more O-linemen. But if we can't get them and have room , I'm also ok with taking Smoke or Joiner. I consider Joiner a Tight End more than RB, so I think I would rather have Smoke as the RB.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

tumblr_mhvrz0Pknq1s51zjyo1_500.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, aufan57 said:

Lots of them.....Sorry, I could not help myself again.  Maybe McClain since Gus does not trust him at WR lol.
Underutilized in my mind

Punt returner- Kam Martin or Eli Stove.  Every punt should always be caught unless it is inside the 10.  We watched so many bounce for 20 yards

RB- Devan Barrett, Malik Miller

That dude named Slant Route.  German dude.

That other guy named Tween Da Hashes.  I think he's French or something.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

I'm glad someone picked up on my double entendre. Thought it was 1 of my better ribs. Props @augolf1716 & @AidiAU.

me and bird are not close enough like that where I could of swung for the fences and gunned it with my response like golf did!!! you def made a funny though!!! WOOOOO!!!! LETS GO E!!!!! lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

me and bird are not close enough like that where I could of swung for the fences and gunned it with my response like golf did!!!

charlie.gif

• Love 1