2018 4* RB Harold Joiner Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

On 4/6/2017 at 10:20 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Pat Dye showed with the right coach in place AU can strive to be better than that and consistently compete and win sec titles in back to back years and have back to back 10 win seasons. With the way we have been recruiting we should be getting a lot better results back than we have. Auburn is a sleeping giant. Heck even with our bi polar ways we are still the 12th most winning program of all time. Just think how high we could be if we had more consistency and had some back 2 back 10 win seasons. In the last 5 seasons only 5 schools have had 5 consecutive top 10 classes: Bama, Ohio State, Fsu, Lsu and Auburn. Which one now sticks out as the team who has not done as well with those classes? US! The others perennially win 10 games a year most years.

You DO realize Pat Dye did that once. One single time, and that coincidentally the only time Auburn has ever gotten back to back 10 win seasons. In all of our history of playing football, being the 12th winningest program in NCAA football history, 10 wins back to back has happened a grand total of 1 time.

On 4/11/2017 at 0:53 PM, McLoofus said:

It's my hope that CCL's use of RBs shows that Joiner can be strictly an RB who just so happens to catch lots of passes- paging Kerryon Johnson- but I'm not sure if he's going to be waiting around long enough to find out for sure. 

This is EXACTLY what I feel. If he can stop growing taller, we can have him as a possible 2k all purpose yard guy. It seems like he could easily put up 1300 yards on the ground and 700 through the air. 

I think this season with KJ can show Joiner a LOT. If we have KJ put up a bunch of receiving yards, Joiner will see what he could do in this offense. Even with KJ being RB2.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

You made it sound like we have lost every one so I had to do it.

I don't like losing croots to him either but I don't want to win for a kid that may not help us on the field just to get a recruiting W over Coach O. Not worth winning the battle if the recruit can't win the football war on the field. 

E, are you saying you dont see Joiner helpingus win football games? You not see him as a gamer? He looks like he could be lethal in our offense. 

Edited by Auburn2Eugene
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

I don't like losing croots to him either but I don't want to win for a kid that may not help us on the field just to get a recruiting W over Coach O. Not worth winning the battle if the recruit can't win the football war on the field. 

that guy is a beast and is rocketing up the rankings list. PLUS he is a in state guy. I do not want to lose any in state guy to anyone especially to a rival out of state. He is going to be a huge help at whatever position he plays.

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

You DO realize Pat Dye did that once. One single time, and that coincidentally the only time Auburn has ever gotten back to back 10 win seasons. In all of our history of playing football, being the 12th winningest program in NCAA football history, 10 wins back to back has happened a grand total of 1 time.

Exactly fam!!!! We are a sleeping giant! we truly have only had 2 coaches in our whole history who have unlocked some of our potential! We are a sleeping giant. We just need our coach K. We need our transcendent head coach who makes us elite consistently and not just a great year every now and then. Who will go head to head with the state school and flip the narrative and change the course of our history. We are duke in bball before they got coach K and north carolina is exactly like Bama. We are a really good program but still not elite. That is why I respect coach K so much. He made duke a national brand single handidly basically all the while the giant 7 miles down the road was still great most years. We have the resources. We have everything in place we just need to get everyone in the AD and BOT moving all in one direction and care about winning above all else. WOO!! I am excited just thinking about the prospects of stacking 10 win season on top of 10 win season and our "down" years we are 10-3.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, thaitopher said:

Coach O says hello.

lol TOUCHE friend!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

E, are you saying you dont see Joiner helpingus win football games? You not see him as a gamer? He looks like he could be lethal in our offense. 

I don't think he is a great RB recruit as I already documented. I think he can be a good flex TE but we already have a guy in Gatewood that may end up there.

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

that guy is a beast and is rocketing up the rankings list. PLUS he is a in state guy. I do not want to lose any in state guy to anyone especially to a rival out of state. He is going to be a huge help at whatever position he plays.

Solely from what he has done at camps (which is completely different for RBs than games) & not from what he has done in games. He has not dominated games and run physical at his size like he should in games. I have no issues taking him as an ATH or Flex TE but strictly as a RB I'll pass for Martin everyday of the week & twice on Saturday.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Solely from what he has done at camps (which is completely different for RBs than games) & not from what he has done in games. He has not dominated games and run physical at his size like he should in games. I have no issues taking him as an ATH or Flex TE but strictly as a RB I'll pass for Martin everyday of the week & twice on Saturday.

I am a rankings whore. I do not care how he earned said rankings as long as he is up there. I want both. Geting 2 rbs a class is the way to go. with our rb tradition we should be able to land both.

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am a rankings whore. I do not care how he earned said rankings as long as he is up there.

Yup. A kid who was a 3* on his game work but elevated cuz of camp work at RB doesn't throw up a cautious pause. Much harder to simulate RB skills at a camp than any other position. I sincerely hope for him that he's great, and for AU if he comes here. I just don't see it at RB.

Edited by ellitor

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Yup. A kid who was a 3* on his game work but elevated cuz of camp work at RB doesn't throw up a cautious pause. Much harder to simulate RB skills at a camp than any other position. I sincerely hope for him that he's great, and for AU if he comes here. I just don't see it at RB.

He would be a absolute terror and beast in our system. He is the thunder and asa is lightning. That is what I want us to emulate.

17 hours ago, ellitor said:

Based on a draft where we are tied with South Alabama and Troy for draftees through three rounds, I'm starting to think we aren't all that good at evaluating recruits. I trust Coach O on this one and hope we get Joiner. 

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

I don't think he is a great RB recruit as I already documented. I think he can be a good flex TE but we already have a guy in Gatewood that may end up there.

I'm right there with you E.  Average running back imo just a guy that's bigger and stronger then high school kids.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

He would be a absolute terror and beast in our system. He is the thunder and asa is lightning. That is what I want us to emulate.

Then you should be wanting us to get on Master Teague and Martin because Joiner isn't a physical back.

• Like 4

On 4/29/2017 at 6:18 AM, Gowebb11 said:

Based on a draft where we are tied with South Alabama and Troy for draftees through three rounds, I'm starting to think we aren't all that good at evaluating recruits. I trust Coach O on this one and hope we get Joiner. 

For the most part that shows a talent development problem, not evaluation.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

I'm right there with you E.  Average running back imo just a guy that's bigger and stronger then high school kids.  

But doesn't really use those tools either.

Then you should be wanting us to get on Master Teague and Martin because Joiner isn't a physical back.

I'd do flips if we could get those two.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'd do flips if we could get those two.

I'm sure you've done a lot of flips in your day. Probably many to Golf alone.

• Like 1

I'm on board with this! Love both those guys on tape. And based on the tape seen, I really like Teague better of the two (maybe it's level of competition). Hope we get one of them, ecstatic if somehow got both. Joiner as RB.....meh.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2017 at 7:18 AM, Gowebb11 said:

On 4/29/2017 at 9:44 AM, ellitor said:

For the most part that shows a talent development problem, not evaluation.

Yeah, you gotta go back and look at the kids' offers. For example, we definitely failed at evaluating John Franklin. Nobody else wanted him as a QB. They were right and "we" were wrong. But most of these 4* and 5* guys that we perceive to be underachieving at Auburn most definitely had real interest and offers from other very good football programs. So if we failed in evaluating them, so did the Swinneys and sabans and Fishers of the CFB world. I can live with that. 

Not turning them into NFL players when there's reason to believe those Swinneys and sabans and Fishers would have... yeah, that's not good. Fingers crossed, we've turned a page on offense. And it's worth noting that this last defensive class was on their 3rd DC in 3 years. Plenty of conversation to be had about who's fault that is and how much it matters, but it's not nothing.

Put me in @ellitor's and @corchjay's camp on Joiner. I was thinking of him earlier as possibly being like that McGriff kid who ended up at... UF? FSU?... a long, athletic RB who was equally good as a pass catcher. But if he has his heart set on being strictly a "traditional" RB, then maybe we have options that suit our offense better. 

• Like 1

On 4/29/2017 at 10:00 AM, ellitor said:

I'm sure you've done a lot of flips in your day. Probably many to Golf alone.

No likes on this one? Screw those guys, E. I'm picking up what you're laying down. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

No likes on this one? Screw those guys, E. I'm picking up what you're laying down. 

I'm glad somebody got it. I'll spell it out for the rest...Bird > flips

• Like 1

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

The draft....Don't we have like 18 returning starters?  If I am right or close, we can't have more than a handful that are draft eligible.  Ok, I am talking about starters.  Now compare that to Troy St and USA.   I have been off the grid for 4 days, but I got a feeling we aren't really comparing apples to apples.  

what was this thread about?

Like everyone else I would love to get both. But if we only get one I would love for it to be Martin. 

:bananadance::bananadance::bananadance:

My thanks to the June Taylor dancers.

Edited by milehighfan

On 4/28/2017 at 9:09 PM, ellitor said:

Yep. Told the kid is soft.