Locker Room Renovations

FoundationEagle

5 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Suites over field person would be nice revenue stream; Gameday shop could be cool; or hell, let’s think outside the box and do something amazing for students and young alumni.

Or provide entertainment for kids like inflatable playgrounds, football related skill challenges such as QB passing targets or FG practice kicking and other fun activities like MLB parks etc.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Oregon's facilities are everything I could ever want PKZUYRBJGBKPHDA.20130731001542.jpg

Looks like a North Korean psych ward...

On 1/24/2018 at 2:34 PM, IronMan70 said:

I hope so too. They could even just put up the shell, leave the interior unfinished and finish the exterior. You could even bring that façade behind the scoreboard, cover up the steel and connect it to the other side.

The steel structure and exposed steel of the video board is an extreme eye sore. 

On 2/7/2018 at 12:56 AM, AUsince72 said:

Looks like a North Korean psych ward...

You're the guy on the church building committee that makes the architect cry, aren't you?

On 2/5/2018 at 1:39 PM, RunInRed said:

Suites over field person would be nice revenue stream; Gameday shop could be cool; or hell, let’s think outside the box and do something amazing for students and young alumni.

Yes, like make sure there is room for freshmen to get tickets to all home games!

2 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Yes, like make sure there is room for freshmen to get tickets to all home games!

What I want to know is, where did all of the room grow. The overall size of the student body hasn't grown much since I was a student, and I had season tickets for every home game all 6 years. Did Auburn shrink the student section?

9 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Yep, looking like an over sized double wide.  Good grief that's ugly from inside the stadium.

Meh. Mirror image it on the SE side and I think it will look ok, particularly completely finished product.

41 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

Barf. That looks like solitary confinement. Yikes.

I agree the colors should change but the lockers themselves are pretty cool

6 hours ago, Zeek said:

I agree the colors should change but the lockers themselves are pretty cool

When you have uniforms as out of control bright as Oregon, a lack of color in the locker room is probably a welcome thing :) 

10 hours ago, fredst said:

Meh. Mirror image it on the SE side and I think it will look ok, particularly completely finished product.

We have no choice. Now we have to balance out Jacob's Folly.  I mean if the SEZ is off balance, the jumbotron will start to lean to one side, like the leaning tower of Pisa. Am I right or what ?

19 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

What I want to know is, where did all of the room grow. The overall size of the student body hasn't grown much since I was a student, and I had season tickets for every home game all 6 years. Did Auburn shrink the student section?

I always had tickets, but during the time that I was finishing my first degree True Incoming Freshmen started not being able to get tickets. Might be the time when other students started buying their tickets and using them for profit. I know they have been implementing things to curve that, sure a current student could give more detail.

Heck think it was one of the Tenn games in 2000's that they closed the student section at half-time, so if you left you couldn't come back in to it (ie no drinks no bathroom), and people started pissing in empty cups.

2 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

I always had tickets, but during the time that I was finishing my first degree True Incoming Freshmen started not being able to get tickets. Might be the time when other students started buying their tickets and using them for profit. I know they have been implementing things to curve that, sure a current student could give more detail.

Heck think it was one of the Tenn games in 2000's that they closed the student section at half-time, so if you left you couldn't come back in to it (ie no drinks no bathroom), and people started pissing in empty cups.

Funny how a lot of problems are created by people fixing things that aren't broken. Of course one other thing that they didn't allow when I was a student was scalping on campus. I wonder how much more full the stadium would be and how many more people would have the tickets they wanted if they online scalping services were shut down.

3 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Cuz it's finished and all

Nah, still got to put the vinyl siding on.  Too little too late and it'll wind up having to be torn out when somebody really decides to do it right.  But hey, it looks good on a high school stadium....

Image result for allen football stadium

Adding escalators and removing concrete ramps would provide a ton of space to expand or make it to where these additions could be more seamlessly incorporated.

This and a football only facility will go a long way to getting us to the elite level we need to be. This will allow us to go head to head with the turds and the mutts and pretty the rest of the SEC in all phases of what it takes to be the best of the best.

On 2/9/2018 at 6:33 PM, Texan4Auburn said:

On 2/9/2018 at 9:11 PM, lionheartkc said:

Funny how a lot of problems are created by people fixing things that aren't broken. Of course one other thing that they didn't allow when I was a student was scalping on campus. I wonder how much more full the stadium would be and how many more people would have the tickets they wanted if they online scalping services were shut down.

Things have certainly changed the last 2 years regarding the student section. I do not think incoming freshmen can get season tickets (but can buy the smaller packages if available). You cannot sell your tickets. You cannot give anyone your student ID as they check the photos now to ensure it is you. If it's not you, the ID is confiscated.

A certain number of guest tickets are available for the student section. Current students can request one guest pass per home game. I'm not sure if it's first come first serve or a random pick but my fiance was able to get a guest pass for every game except Georgia and Bama. The guest must enter with the student who requested the pass through dedicated gates.

If you have tickets to a game but cannot attend - you can submit your ticket back to the ticket pool and it will be sold (as a guest pass, I think). You will not get a refund for giving it up and if you give up 3 tickets (I think it's 3) or do not attend 3 games then you will not be eligible for season tickets the following year.

Good times. lol

20 hours ago, Linayus said:

Things have certainly changed the last 2 years regarding the student section. I do not think incoming freshmen can get season tickets (but can buy the smaller packages if available). You cannot sell your tickets. You cannot give anyone your student ID as they check the photos now to ensure it is you. If it's not you, the ID is confiscated.

A certain number of guest tickets are available for the student section. Current students can request one guest pass per home game. I'm not sure if it's first come first serve or a random pick but my fiance was able to get a guest pass for every game except Georgia and Bama. The guest must enter with the student who requested the pass through dedicated gates.

If you have tickets to a game but cannot attend - you can submit your ticket back to the ticket pool and it will be sold (as a guest pass, I think). You will not get a refund for giving it up and if you give up 3 tickets (I think it's 3) or do not attend 3 games then you will not be eligible for season tickets the following year.

Good times. lol

I don't see any incentive in notifying the ticket office that you won't be attending.  Seems to be a flawed system.

5 hours ago, triangletiger said:

I don't see any incentive in notifying the ticket office that you won't be attending.  Seems to be a flawed system.

Well your card won't be scanned at the gate so missing 3 games, whether not attending or submitting it back into the pool, will cost you your season tickets the following year.

Archived