2018 4* WR JaMarr Chase

WFE12

4_4514555.jpg

6-1 195
Metairie, LA (Archbishop Rummel)
20 P5 Conference offers including AU, LSU, Michigan, TCU, Florida, FSU, UGA, & Okie St.
As of now AU is getting the last OV on Jan. 19th
Appears to be an AU, LSU, Michigan battle right now w/ Florida (the school he was previously committed to) trying to work their way in.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we have any chance with this Jamar Chase wr? Put us in his top three!

4-Star WR JaMarr Chase Names Five Potential Finalists

Three schools will definitely be in the running for four-star JaMarr Chase on National Signing Day, and two more could be in the mix.

JaMarr Chase, a Louisiana native, is the No. 75 recruit in the country, per 247Sports. The site also ranks him No. 15 among receivers, and fourth in the state.

While many blue chip players are already signed from the early signing period, Chase is doing things old-school, and deciding on February’s National Signing Day.

Auburn, LSU, and Michigan will all be contenders in February, with Florida and TCU also potentially being in the mix, according to SB Nation.

This news makes the predictions over at 247’s crystal ball pretty interesting. 18 recruiting experts have registered predictions for Chase, and the favorite is actually the Horned Frogs, with 61-percent of the votes.

TCU is followed by LSU (33-percent) and Florida (6-percent) on the crystal ball.

Chase had previously been committed to two school. He pledged to Kansas, which got off to a very hot start to the 2018 recruiting cycle, but decommitted from the Jayhawks back in February. In July, he committed to Florida, but backed out of that commitment in early November, a few days after Jim McElwain was fired. Obviously, the Gators have a new coaching staff, which could play a big impact here.

• ellitor unfeatured this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, CAS15 said:

Chase is deciding between AU & LSU on signing day. 

That's always fun

Not a lot of talk about him?

10 minutes ago, CAS15 said:

Chase is deciding between AU & LSU on signing day. 

All corndog FWIW. We are just a hat on the table.

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I don't see the need anyway, unless Hill flips.

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Is he still going to take an official?

5 minutes ago, CAS15 said:

Is he still going to take an official?

Don't know & appears it won't matter if he does.

Relationships make difference for primetime wide receiver

Ja’Marr Chase‘s recruitment — at least as it pertains to Auburn — is a great representation of the recruiting adage: “Relationships are everything.”

On one hand, he’s still considered a lean to home state LSU. The Rummell (La.) wide receiver committed to Kansas and Florida during the process despite LSU’s consistent recruiting push. For one reason or another, he looked toward other programs over staying instate to attend Baton Rouge. But as his recruitment has come to a close, those relationships he’s fostered with coach Ed Orgeron’s staff have drawn him to LSU.

Relationships are everything, check one.

On another hand, Chase also remains interested in Auburn despite not visiting the Plains. He tried to come for a game in the fall, but he sustained an injury the night before his visit that forced him to cancel. Similarly, he planned to come on an official visit last weekend, but unexpected circumstances changed those plans as well.

That would’ve been enough to make many prospects ask: Is this a sign? But Chase has maintained a strong relationship with Auburn wide receivers coach Kodi Burns. Burns is shooting for the stars with top 100 wide receivers Chase and Justyn Ross. Because of the relationship with Burns, he’ll still take his official visit to Auburn.

In fact, SEC Country LSU reporter Sam Speigelman wrote that Chase has narrowed his recruitment down to only Auburn and LSU.

Without Chase visiting, Burns has kept Auburn in this one.

Relationships are everything, check two.

Auburn will have to hit a home run to win out for Chase, but it’s not out of the question. Chase has already committed to two out-of-state programs. The feeling here is the third time will be the charm for LSU, but Auburn has stayed in this long enough to earn an official visit — and on the last weekend, no less.

Chase will make an announcement at his high school on National Signing Day. The Tigers will hope that the Burns-Chase relationship translates into one of the bigger surprises of this recruiting cycle.

Can't say as this one would make any sense, considering what we have committed already, but I guess maybe the coaches want a recruiting bump?

16 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Can't say as this one would make any sense, considering what we have committed already, but I guess maybe the coaches want a recruiting bump?

Well if we  get him chances of losing Hill go up a good bit. It would be a trade. Just depends on which prospect you like better.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well if we  get him chances of losing Hill go up a good bit. It would be a trade. Just depends on which prospect you like better.

If Ross is going to Clemson, I'd rather have Hill. Just so long as Ross isn't going to bammer.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Sincere question (which has probably already been addressed):  As I understand it, if Hill flips it will likely be to Clemson to play safety.  Since we have a greater need at safety than WR, why would getting a commitment from Chase or Ross scare him off?  Why wouldn't he just play DB at AU?

WDE!

9 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

If Ross is going to Clemson, I'd rather have Hill. Just so long as Ross isn't going to bammer.

Lol. This is the JaMarr Chase thread. Ross is likely going to Bama. I was talking about basically a trade of Chase for Hill on the 4th WR in the class.

3 minutes ago, MadtownTiger said:

Sincere question (which has probably already been addressed):  As I understand it, if Hill flips it will likely be to Clemson to play safety.  Since we have a greater need at safety than WR, why would getting a commitment from Chase or Ross scare him off?  Why wouldn't he just play DB at AU?

WDE!

Position doesn't matter to Hill. He's interested in Clemson because of their consistent championship pedigree not the position they are recruiting him for. Lastly AU is only recruiting & considering him at WR.

24 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Lol. This is the JaMarr Chase thread. Ross is likely going to Bama. I was talking about basically a trade of Chase for Hill on the 4th WR in the class.

Oopsie! I'd be fine with taking Chase if it means we move Hill over to DB, but that doesn't seem like it's happening.

1 minute ago, Rednilla said:

Oopsie! I'd be fine with taking Chase if it means we move Hill over to DB, but that doesn't seem like it's happening.

Yeah. We get Chase then Clemson would be tough to beat for Hill.

Archived