***Auburn vs. UCF -- PEACH BOWL -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

That was very interesting to say the least. Gus had no clue.

It's all part of his master plan to show tendency and be predictable for that one play!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We got away from run, but I also think we should get the ball to KJ quicker on the handoffs. The delay is allowing defense in the backfield.  Oline needs to man up and give NCM the ball.  He is balling today.  

Been watching closely.  This is on our players.  Braden Smith is getting beat consistently. Darius James playing like he stayed out all night. Stidham not recognizing open receivers before they get covered. UCF should get tired though. 

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

He was my number one choice but we got stuck with Gus when he finally beat his rivals for the first five in for years. We have to evolve the offense next year or we'll be just as up and down as a fanbase

It won't get any better under LinseyZahn. I can assure you of that.

Herb Hand continues to under perform as O-Line coach.Chip Lindsey/Gus...how many screens can we throw? Pitiful...Gus's work with special teams...ridiculous...

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

He was my number one choice but we got stuck with Gus when he finally beat his rivals for the first five in for years. We have to evolve the offense next year or we'll be just as up and down as a fanbase

I'm preparing for an up and down season next year...sadly. I just can't trust Gus. Even if we win today, we're still ill-prepared for games. I've always said I can take a tough loss when a team simply beats you straight up but when we lose it's mostly b/c of lack of preparation and adjustments. 

Sick of hearing that AU didn’t show up excuse or they want it more.   Bottom line is offensive line is getting embarrassed.   The qb scrambles are their offense so far

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

It's all part of his master plan to show tendency and be predictable for that one play!!

Like the wildcat jump pass. 

Turnovers , penalties ,etc these guys aren’t excited to be here at all. Can’t blame them this was the worst match up in the worst location we could have drawn this bowl season. Doesn’t matter if you’re not in the playoffs it doesn’t mean anything. 

So tired of seeing garbage play from a Gus coached team in terms of preparation and effort.

wde

Our right tackle (James) is getting his ass handed to him every play and Stidham doesn’t understand the idea of “get rid of the ball fast”. 

This is making my BP go waaaaay up! 

7 minutes ago, Shift said:

I was afraid the team would not take UCF seriously.  Still hoping I was wrong but at this point, it doesn't look so.

It bugs the everloving......out of me why all too critically often, we don't seem "ready to play." I hate this "business trip."

Classic bowl matchup where one team is fired up ready to prove a point and the other team looked more interested in the  kart racing mid week. Unfortunately we're the kart racing team. Not gonna lie, I'm really not surprised AU looks disinterested after missing out on a playoff bid and playing UCF in Atlanta.  I was hoping for better, but this happens every bowl season in some game.

For some reason we just don't look prepared and methodical with disposing of UCF. At times this season we looked like a well oiled machine, then at other times we looked much like we do now.

I don't see bad coaching, I see horrible execution. Stidham continues to fumble away scoring opportunities, still looks hesitant in the pocket, takes too many sacks when he could throw it away. O line is getting man handled. Special teams have made more ridiculous mistakes. D is playing welk but can't contain the qb run.  Team seems a bit sluggish and unmotivated. 

1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I'm preparing for an up and down season next year...sadly. I just can't trust Gus. Even if we win today, we're still ill-prepared for games. I've always said I can take a tough loss when a team simply beats you straight up but when we lose it's mostly b/c of lack of preparation and adjustments. 

We have to get some offensive line recruits and work in during the off season. It will do wonders despite running the same five plays. I just hate that we are so predictable but a good offensive line will take us far.

3 minutes ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

Can’t blame them this was the worst match up in the worst location we could have drawn this bowl season.

I' sorry but this is BS. This is an excuse to cover laziness. AU is getting their A$$3$ handed to them. Is the school getting $$ for the team to play? They should have prepared like it was the playoffs. One of these teams did.

Archived