***Auburn vs. UCF -- PEACH BOWL -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

Wasn't our OL coach up for some award at the end of the season? Did we just forget everything and start over?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, auskull said:

For some reason we just don't look prepared and methodical with disposing of UCF. At times this season we looked like a well oiled machine, then at other times we looked much like we do now.

Simple reason, Gus Malzahn

3 minutes ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

Turnovers , penalties ,etc these guys aren’t excited to be here at all. Can’t blame them this was the worst match up in the worst location we could have drawn this bowl season. Doesn’t matter if you’re not in the playoffs it doesn’t mean anything. 

Only for Auburn apparently.....lots of other bowl teams came out and played hard and well ..... UCF for example....

I think we took that business trip where you end up at the strip club until 3 in the morning and have an 8 o'clock meeting, at least that is how we look

Bad Penalties, not playing the QB run, and knowing the other team will blitz but not running the correct plays. Looks like the Uga game all over again. 

Someone needs to challenge the Offensive Line's manhood during halftime and tell Stidham to throw into the stands if he can't find a completion. Only positive that I can hang on for hope is that we did manage to keep the ball 20 minutes but just did not get to the Goal Line. Am praying that we score a TD coming out from the half and find a way to win. A win of any kind after the 1st half now would be a relief. A loss would make for a dismal off season for sure. And I hate that I even have to think that way.

It has been a great year and I am proud of our team. it is somewhat hard to believe that the same team that beat the crap out of Alabama and punched Georgia in the nose en route to a 40 to 17 victory just can’t seem to get up for this game.  I do think these boys will dig deep and win the second half and the game. We have all seen this before, where the smaller and weaker team plays very well for a quarter or a half and then the better team with more depth pulls it out. Then again, In 2007 or 2008 Auburn was here in Orlando Playing a supposedly inferior Wisconsin team. Auburn was favored by two touchdowns and they believed the hype and I had to watch Wisconsin win every single snap for 60 minutes

Just now, Tigerninja said:

I'd love to go into a football game and be reasonably confident tha oline, dline, special teams would all show up.  And reasonably confident that we would win.

That would be nice for sure.

3 minutes ago, CR said:

Classic bowl matchup where one team is fired up ready to prove a point and the other team looked more interested in the  kart racing mid week. Unfortunately we're the kart racing team. Not gonna lie, I'm really not surprised AU looks disinterested after missing out on a playoff bid and playing UCF in Atlanta.  I was hoping for better, but this happens every bowl season in some game.

Don't buy that. Those guys deserved to have fun and that's what EVERY team does at bowl games. We simply got outplayed in the 1st half. Hopefully we see a different team in the 2nd half. But the excuses of we didn't get up for this game is BS. Everyone can take the blame at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Tigerninja said:

I'd love to go into a football game and be reasonably confident tha oline, dline, special teams would all show up.  And reasonably confident that we would win.

You never know during the Malzahn era.

Gus after the game...

We weren't prepared to play football. We as a coaching have to do a better job to prepare the players for the game. We didn't do that today.

This was a good learning experience for our coaches and players. We're going to learn from this and get better, I can promise you that.

I think it's fair to say that Gus sucks at motivation and the 'sports psychology' aspect of Head Coaching. Several games every year the team just shows up flatter than hell and looks uninterested. Worse, there doesn't seem to be any effort from Gus to recognize that and fire them up. It's like his default panic mode is to regress into the playcards, instead of actually coaching the team up.

Just now, murpjf88 said:

Gus after the game...

We weren't prepared to play football. We as a coaching have to do a better job to prepare the players for the game. We didn't do that today.

This was a good learning experience for our coaches and players. We're going to learn from this and get better, I can promise you that.

I don't even listen to him.

9 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

Darius James playing like he stayed out all night.

Speaking of that according to some players' instagrams a lot of the players were out of their hotel rooms singing and dancing last night...idk how long they were out. The video I saw was around maybe 10:00 at night.

We ran 47 plays to their 32.  Their QB is 3-17.  Their first line players are very good, but I don't think they have our depth.  Hopefully we eat donuts and drink coffee during halftime and wake up and come out in the second half and wear them down.

7 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

I don't see bad coaching, I see horrible execution. Stidham continues to fumble away scoring opportunities, still looks hesitant in the pocket, takes too many sacks when he could throw it away. O line is getting man handled. Special teams have made more ridiculous mistakes. D is playing welk but can't contain the qb run.  Team seems a bit sluggish and unmotivated. 

So basically you're saying the coaching staff did a terrible job preparing them to play right?

Wtf are we doing- heard on the broadcast lindsey said they wanted to limit the number toucjes for KJ? Why would you say that? Why would you tell anyone that? 

Almost as if we underestimated UCF...and partied a little hard last night..

4 minutes ago, alexava said:

Our fans are back to sucking again. 

How so? It seems many are just preoccupied with dissecting the never-ending mystification of WHY. That's what inconsistency, even consistent inconsistency, does. Fans are part-consumers, for every team. People, not I, pay more than my salary to show their support, rain or shine. The product being evaluated Simply. Is. Inferior at this moment, despite the multiple "upgrades" and the numerous threads touting them. I love AUBURN. Love this team. Want to believe in the coaches. But I'd be crazy to love this product. 

11 minutes ago, alexava said:

Our fans are back to sucking again. 

or we are just calling it exactly like how it is playing out on the field. this is inexcusable. we should be dominating them on both fronts. I do not want to hear anything different. They are the what ranked defense? and we still have scored 0 tds vs them. But yah the fans suck......

4 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

Gus after the game...

spot on....

Archived