Official Postgame thread

TAYLORKEETON

Just now, corchjay said:

Congrats to UCF.  They beat us in the field.  When we as fans aren’t excited enough to drive 1.5 hours over to a game what can you expect from the players.  Bet we barely had 10k fans.  

Are you indirectly blaming the fans?

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

7 more years......

Gus won't last 7 years.  He will be at AU 2-3 more years tops.

wde

1 minute ago, WeagleAU said:

Pathetic.  I can’t wait for Gus’s postgame presser.  I’m sure it will be glorious 

No doubt....we had a great week of preparation....

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Welp. Said this was an important game about two weeks ago and half the fanbase on here was like whatever. How does this loss taste?

Like the OU loss last year.  Doesn't affect me one way or the other.  The season ended at the SECCG.

Gus's updated bowl record 1-4

0-3 vs power conference

1-1 vs non power conference

Still winless in his Auburn coaching career when trailing at halftime (I think)

Give that man a raise!!!

As much as everyone wants to skewer Gus, this game was lost in the trenches.  Preparedness wasn`t the issue today, execution was.  This was the same O line that beat UGA and Bama., they didn't show up.

@Maverick.AU called that Hastings would go off for the record.

This game sucked but we lost fair and square. 

UCF played well and played like an undefeated squad. 

1 - 4 in bowl games under Gus. Could tell he had huge part of this game plan until last two drives. 7 more years of this. Team should be embarrassed, losing to lame ass team like UCF. The whole world wanted it, and we just gave it to them. Should have been over first half.

I think UCF played low-life, cheatin football.

There was more than 3 clips not called, 2 targeting only 1 called, and several personal fouls not called.

I cannot stand a bunch of cheaters and low-lifes and that is all they are.

Real shame that four of our OL starters finished their careers being so dominated by the other teams DL.

Plus, Gus fails at the beginning of his $49 million contract.

7 million dollars, another bowl loss, same crap different game.  We lack imagination on offense and I'm so tired of Malzahn - he is just plain mediocre.

2 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

Pathetic disgusting freaking joke of a coaching staff. It's still worth firing all of them. Has Gus signed the new contract yet?  If so he owes us atleast 5 mil a year back. Man it is going to suck not enjoying AU football for the next 5-10 years. I'm officially pulling for 0-12 next year so everyone gets fired and MAYBE we get a real coach for once. 

WOW. Happy New Year

1 minute ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

Let’s be honest no one here wanted to play this game either

UCF wanted to play it. 

Hate to lose but UCF deserved that win. They were flat out better than we were today. Entire team and staff is A-1!

Let's just take a look at them: 

1. Team full of 3 star players

2. Coaching staff that did double duty for close to a month to prepare for this game and for Nebraska

3. Made adjustments

4. A QB and team that didn't buckle under pressure when they got down

This game showed how a coaching staff that can develop and COACH wins. Auburn got schooled today...PERIOD!

There was a lack of execution on offense for sure. The pick six and the last interception were the difference in the game. I thought the play calling was too predictable, as usual.

1 minute ago, GoAU said:

As much as everyone wants to skewer Gus, this game was lost in the trenches.  Preparedness wasn`t the issue today, execution was.  This was the same O line that beat UGA and Bama., they didn't show up.

1-4 in bowl games. That is a terrible TREND

Archived