Official Postgame thread

TAYLORKEETON

So the playoff games shouldn't even matter now, UCF finished as the only undefeated team, including beating a healthy Auburn team which had beat the two #1 undefeated teams at the end of the season. What else do you need to do to be the National Championship? Alabama claims at least six NC's with half their resume...

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Congrats to UCF.  They beat us in the field.  When we as fans aren’t excited enough to drive 1.5 hours over to a game what can you expect from the players.  Bet we barely had 10k fans.  

Fans had nothing to do with that embarassment that was put on the field today.

wde

Just now, WarEagleFromHoover said:

I have no hope for the future. I’d rather go 6-6 instead of losing to teams we’re wayyyyyy more talented than 

I don't know if that's true about UCF. They have talent and their coach structured their plays to enhance their strengths. IMHO....Gus struggles with that concept and it keeps him from being a great coach.

the only bowl game our 49 million dollar man has won, is the freaking birmingham bowl...

that’s where is ass belongs...

Gus should have been ejected from the game for arguing with the refs over the calls and he did nothing.

Sad!

Extremely embarrassing. Our rivals will hold this one over our heads for a minute. I think we can say that our wins over them in the regular season officially do not matter at all seeing as they are in the playoff and we just lost to UCF. The OLine really cost us our entire season. There needs to be some coaching changes made in the offseason starting with OLine and Receievrs. If we are stuck with a dumb head coach then we need excellent position coaches.

I honestly don't see what some of you see in Gus.  The team, once again, look ill-prepared and unmotivated in a big game.  Clueless offensively for most of the game. 

2 minutes ago, jared52 said:

AU has absolutely no choice. Gus had to stay to keep AU at least in the discussion in the West. He can win it again, but he needs a running QB with heart to be more successful. 

Did you see who just beat us? You really think we are in the conversation? Lol I don't want to hear anything about winning the West this offseason. The Gus Bus got a flat tire.

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Welp. Said this was an important game about two weeks ago and half the fanbase on here was like whatever. How does this loss taste?

Like 7 million dollars wasted. 

**SIGH**  sometimes it can be really hard to be an Auburn fan.... but, I can’t help myself... I’m addicted.  I’m disappointed but not as much as after the SECCG.  It’s just a bowl game...

Hoping for a bama loss tonight.  WAR EAGLE FOREVER.

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

@Maverick.AU called that Hastings would go off for the record.

This game sucked but we lost fair and square. 

UCF played well and played like an undefeated squad. 

If we had won  i would’ve felt obligated but as Viper would say wooooooo!

6 minutes ago, jared52 said:

QB competition needs to be totally open in the spring. Can’t let Stidham Walk in as certain starter. AU needs someone with a winner mentality and leadership behind center. Not just someone who looks the part. 

Give Willis a legit shot at it. Gus is best with a mobile QB. Most of our passes are screens anyways. I'm sure Malik can throw a screen.

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

I don't know if that's true about UCF. They have talent and their coach structured their plays to enhance their strengths. IMHO....Gus struggles with that concept and it keeps him from being a great coach.

Nope we’re better than them period . Every single position we’re better . 

Gus just can’t stop meddling and it brings the whole team down 

2 hours ago, AUTiger2012 said:

Screw this team.  They are an embarrassment to auburn.

Yeah, we're all a little pissed off, but this is a bit strong, dont you think?  I wouldn`t consider an 11 win team, that won the West and beat #1 ranked UGA AND Bama in the process, and lost a New Years Day bowl by 1 TD an embarrassment to the University.  

Disappointing, absolutely.   Poor effort today, yup.  The team an embarrassment to Auburn, nope.

4 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

10-4. Beat your rivals but still four losses. Got beat twice in Atlanta. Offensive line and defensive line got pushed around by Central Florida. And Scott Frost is going places, we're stuck with Gus.  Pathetic. 

Under Gus, Auburn is an okay team, that gets lucky once in while.

Just now, AuMarine said:

This came down to the offensive line getting destroyed all game long..  Hard to execute when you can't block. 

and we made not 1 adjustment...

solid coaching...

1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Hate to lose but UCF deserved that win. They were flat out better than we were today. Entire team and staff is A-1!

Let's just take a look at them: 

1. Team full of 3 star players

2. Coaching staff that did double duty for close to a month to prepare for this game and for Nebraska

3. Made adjustments

4. A QB and team that didn't buckle under pressure when they got down

This game showed how a coaching staff that can develop and COACH wins. Auburn got schooled today...PERIOD!

What pressure? Must be hard to run for 20 yards at a time up a wide open middle of the field. He did have some nice throws though. But we only sacked him once. That's pathetic.

1 less loss than our average of 5! Improvement.

I can’t get hype for the future we know exactly what 7 million got us.

hopefully stidham goes pro and Willis takes over

Gus is terrible in bowl games. Blew it against FSU, let Oklahoma make us look like a D2 program, and now we lost to UCF who gave us every opportunity to win. Please someone fire him. He can't win when it matters the most. Should have stomped Georgia the second time around and never been in this bowl game. Biggest waste of a solid roster ever.

When I said that we should not get in a bidding war over Gus and pay him 7 million a year before the contract was signed, I got all kind of crap on this board.  I hope that those who called me out can see why I felt that way.

1 minute ago, War T Eagle said:

Did you see who just beat us? You really think we are in the conversation? Lol I don't want to hear anything about winning the West this offseason. The Gus Bus got a flat tire.

A talented and well coached team beat us. It just kills some of you to give UCF any credit. 

Archived