Official Postgame thread

TAYLORKEETON

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Are you indirectly blaming the fans?

No I’m directly blaming the excitement surrounding the game.  Heck I’m blaming the excitement surrounding the team since we beat bama.  No fire that’s on all parties... fans players and coaches

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gus doesn't need any other QB to be successful. What Auburn needs is Gus to stay the *&^% out of the offense and away from the QB. That, and we need different OL and ST coaches. This is ridiculous. 

At the risk of being called out for saying something negative about JS, he just did not look the part today.....did nothing with his feet, another horrible fumble and some critical interceptions.  Folks can cuss at the coaches all they want in my view, but when the players take the field it is on them to make plays. 

Hahaha wow . Stidham is an average QB at best . Oline was terrible and didn't know who to block but even when he had time can't pull trigger. 

There was nothing good about our play. To be Honest UCF should have beat us by more .

buckle up cause with contract extension we just signed up for this for 4 more years . Herb Hand is straight stealing money can't recruit or even coach them up . 

6 minutes ago, War T Eagle said:

Gus is what he is.. a mediocre coach who comes around and does something good every 4 years like the Olympics just in time not to get fired, then goes back into trash mode. 

We overpaid. Plain and simple.

Hate to say i told you so. Nope i don't! He's an 8-4 coach unless he has a dynamic QB. No way i would've paid him esp. since Arky was the only team after him strongly. I'm preparing for another 4 loss season next year. Bama and UGA at their place and they're only going to get better...lol. We play Washington too. No way in heck i would've paid Gus!

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

1-4 in bowl games. That is a terrible TREND

But I thought they didn't matter?

UCF staff well prepared this team of lesser talent level speaks volumes since time was divided between this bowl game and transition to Nebraska!

Better coached team won, that simple !

4 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

This came down to the offensive line getting destroyed all game long..  Hard to execute when you can't block. 

I'm out of likes, but that says it all. We need a new offensive. 

Our coach needs to take a solid look at his offensive coaches. 

Just now, AU64 said:

At the risk of being called out for saying something negative about JS, he just did not look the part today.....did nothing with his feet, another horrible fumble and some critical interceptions.  Folks can cuss at the coaches all they want in my view, but when the players take the field it is on them to make plays. 

NO JS looked horrible. He has played enough games to know better than what he showed today. I don't want to hear any excuses for him. He has faced Clemson, Bama, LSU and UGA. He should be ready for UCF

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

A talented and well coached team beat us. It just kills some of you to give UCF any credit. 

they're a rent-a-win program. Auburn should be better every year.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Gus is terrible in bowl games. Blew it against FSU, let Oklahoma make us look like a D2 program, and now we lost to UCF who gave us every opportunity to win. Please someone fire him. He can't win when it matters the most. Should have stomped Georgia the second time around and never been in this bowl game. Biggest waste of a solid roster ever.

I can give you $49M reasons why he isn't going anywhere.

9 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

10-4. Beat your rivals but still four losses. Got beat twice in Atlanta. Offensive line and defensive line got pushed around by Central Florida. And Scott Frost is going places, we're stuck with Gus.  Pathetic. 

And likely to lose again in ATL to start the 18' season if we see the same type of offense.

1 minute ago, bmartin3228 said:

Hahaha wow . Stidham is an average QB at best . Oline was terrible and didn't know who to block but even when he had time can't pull trigger. 

There was nothing good about our play. To be Honest UCF should have beat us by more .

buckle up cause with contract extension we just signed up for this for 4 more years . Herb Hand is straight stealing money can't recruit or even coach them up . 

I disagree I think Stidham had a fantastic day considering how much pressure he was under.  They out played us it’s really that simple

4 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I don't know if that's true about UCF. They have talent and their coach structured their plays to enhance their strengths. IMHO....Gus struggles with that concept and it keeps him from being a great coach.

Gus will never be more than a high school coach who won the auburn lottery. I have never heard of giving an extension to a coach that has his track record.

A very poor effort by our guys. I don't understand our OL. Some games they show up, some they don't. It's a frustrating watch.

I am as big a Gus fan as there is, but he needs to change how he prepares the team for a bowl game. Yet another bowl game where we come out flat.

5 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

This came down to the offensive line getting destroyed all game long..  Hard to execute when you can't block. 

My favorite play of the game came in the third quarter. All of our OLine at end of a play was on the ground.

Funny thing though. None of Dline was!

1 minute ago, WarEagleFromHoover said:

Nope we’re better than them period . Every single position we’re better . 

Gus just can’t stop meddling and it brings the whole team down 

We are NOT better. They just beat us. Our players did not give enough effort and did not play well for no good reason. Talent also encompasses a will to win and UCF had more of that than AU has had all year with the exception of 2 games. 

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Congrats to UCF.  They beat us in the field.  When we as fans aren’t excited enough to drive 1.5 hours over to a game what can you expect from the players.  Bet we barely had 10k fans.  

I absolutely knew what was going to happen today. I have seen the script too many times with this staff. I have spent a lot of money going to to games but did not spend the money to go today. The tickets have become ridiculously expensive. The stadium was 3/4 full and they want me to pay $150/ticket.  I am raising kids and putting them through college, I decide how to spend my money.  Auburn gives coaches millions of dollars for a half ass performance by the staff.  Not me. And yes, I can very much afford the ticket and I love auburn. 

I don't get all the hand wringing.  It's a bowl game that literally has zero meaning.   Four teams are playing in games that matter.  Everyone else just got a nice trip and some consolation prizes.  How I or anyone else feels about the season shouldn't change based on a glorified exhibition.

Archived