Official Postgame thread

TAYLORKEETON

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

JS will be our starter next year, but he has some substantial growth that needs to be had, if he dreams of ever being considered for the Heisman.

I'd put it at 80 percent.  There is a chance Gateway is as good as some say and if so he has a far higher ceiling in Gus's O than Stidham. I don't think Gateway wins the job, but it's possible

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Sometimes, it is just want to. Like I said, with Grimes our O-Line were dogs!! They were physical and mean. This group of guys, attitude wise, seemed very soft. They knew positions. They seemed to mentally know what to do, but they just don't seem angry enough at times. They stand around the pile. I hardly see any pancakes with them, EVER. Braden Smith is the only one. #18, as good as he is, had no business making them look that way. You would've thought Von Miller was out there.

You are right.. Effort is everything. I was thinking how our OL played against UGa (the first time) and bama. I never thought they were dominate but they were good in those two games and that allowed Stidham to do what he did and allowed us to run the ball.. 

52 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Well, this was by far embarassing. Our o & d lines were PATHETIC

Yep. 

9 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Hope so.  Our hoops team deserves some love and baseball is just around the corner!

Love the BB team and CBP.  But I am REALLY excited about baseball!!

Just now, FoundationEagle said:

I'd put it at 80 percent.  There is a chance Gateway is as good as some say and if so he has a far higher ceiling in Gus's O than Stidham. I don't think Gateway wins the job, but it's possible

It’s possible...but the kid wasn’t even the starter in HS. He split time with a kid that isn’t even going anywhere relavent. Joey is RAW. He’ll redshirt next year 

1 minute ago, AuMarine said:

You are right.. Effort is everything. I was thinking how our OL played against UGa (the first time) and bama. I never thought they were dominate but they were good in those two games and that allowed Stidham to do what he did and allowed us to run the ball.. 

Yep. You got to be consistent though....

51 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

Eddie Haskell never gave Beaver the business, the way Malzahn just gave it to us Auburn fans.

now that's funny...

This was the worst o line performance, second to the Clemson game. Bad play and poor ball handling by JS and you end up getting beat when we should have owned them. 

Darius James played like a freshman. The guy was an absolute revolving door. 

Herb Hand had better put a line together next year or Gus needs to dump him. 

44 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Extremely embarrassing. Our rivals will hold this one over our heads for a minute. I think we can say that our wins over them in the regular season officially do not matter at all seeing as they are in the playoff and we just lost to UCF. The OLine really cost us our entire season. There needs to be some coaching changes made in the offseason starting with OLine and Receievrs. If we are stuck with a dumb head coach then we need excellent position coaches.

Our receivers need to learn how to run routes. They could start by watching Hastings.  The fact that 3 of our best offensive lineman are now gone, scares me if the next man up can't match that.  Hopefully the spring will ready some guys to step up, we have some talent ready.  Very concerned about consistency at OL and WR. I am not sure slayton stays  

2 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

Gateway is going to flash some serious Athleticism that is going to have people going hmmmm, but I don't know how great his passing is. I would give MW a much bigger chance than him.

Just now, ATOTiger said:

This was the worst o line performance, second to the Clemson game. Bad play and poor ball handling by JS and you end up getting beat when we should have owned them. 

Darius James played like a freshman. The guy was an absolute revolving door. 

Herb Hand had better put a line together next year or Gus needs to dump him. 

It doesn't need to wait , he needs to be gone now . 

28 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

What did we give up, 35 sacks this year? Need a serious evaluation at that position. Coaching and personnel. I'm surprised they didn't respond after getting whooped like Georgia did against us. It starts and ends up front and it's been a tough year. 

Herb hand is not a very good coach and for that matter neither is kodi burns. This one of few times I was disappointed in Kevin Steele 

7 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

So... still nothing? Thanks man. :hellyeah: 

You said this while referring to Hand: 

People will say the same thing about this every year. “We will know more about him as a coach next year” why can’t he just be a good coach?“

and 

Herb still a subpar coach?”

This is plenty enough to prove my point.

To answer question number 1, gee I don’t know why Herb can’t be a good coach? I will look forward to the day that he can. 

To answer question number two, yes, Herb is still a subpar coach.

2 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

I think he won the job outright. We didn't have anyone on our roster that is as good as Stidham. He literally balled out against UGA (first time) and bama and that is because our OLine play was good.. So basically when we can block and run the ball.. Stidham can do great things in the passing game.. when we can't. well we usually lose.  No way a freshman comes in and takes his job. I do not see how Stidham couldn't be the starter next year.. .. I hope Willis pushes him to make he better. 

Maybe....SW was in the doghouse most of his career and while I liked him, I'm thinking that he was the last resort as QB.   JS is a young guy but he has to get better ...and learn how to win away from home....too many disastrous mistakes.    Plus....I am in the camp that says a QB who is a real threat to run the ball and can pass reasonably well is better for Chips/ Gus's offense.    

Just now, AuMarine said:

consistent is not in Auburn's vocabulary.. 

The truth hurts so bad. I just cannot deal with that anymore

2 minutes ago, tigerrules said:

Our receivers need to learn how to run routes. They could start by watching Hastings.  The fact that 3 of our best offensive lineman are now gone, scares me if the next man up can't match that.  Hopefully the spring will ready some guys to step up, we have some talent ready.  Very concerned about consistency at OL and WR. I am not sure slayton stays  

Let this stink in , our best performing receiver today is really a kicker ...... 

14 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

I wonder if it is the scheme? zone blocking? 

It seems like they don't know how to turn on the mean streak or toughness.  Finishing blocks and going hard to the whistle.  They need to have the mentality that Muschamp and Steele carried over to the defensive side of the ball.  IMO

JS played a poor game, but the OL was dominated.  We couldn't run against UCF.  Their DL dominated us. We lose the majority of our OL including our stud OG Smith.  Our OL next year is going to be a concern.  Our OL should have dominated this year.  It should NEVER be dominated.  I put that on coaching.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

You said this while referring to Hand: 

“People will say the same thing about this every year. “We will know more about him as a coach next year” why can’t he just be a good coach? “

Thank you, I actually forgot I said that. In regards to that, I don’t think he’s an elite coach, but he’s a good coach. So in regards to your first question earlier, yes, I think he’s still a good coach.

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Plus....I am in the camp that says a QB who is a real threat to run the ball and can pass reasonably well is better for Chips/ Gus's offense.    

It is the truth

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Freshman Jake Fromm got UGA driving. Sorry @AU64, You are being a gentleman with JS. Call it how it is. Kid needs to be better. Yes, I know about the offensive line, but missing wide open guys, terrible reads today, turnovers, it hurts us badly.

Trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.  What I hope to see is him rescuing  a game that is in doubt....make a game winning drive or something .....but those awful fumbles :angry:   

32 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

We win: “Well of course you were supposed to win, it’s UCF”

We lose: “Gus sucks. Stidham sucks. We’re in trouble next year.” 

Bowl games that arent aren’t the playoffs don’t mean a thing unless you’re a midmajor team. If we had won the Peach Bowl do you know what we would’ve gotten? A trophy. Maybe a ring for the guys? Cool. Means a lot right? 

Maybe but get embarrassed on national tv by a team you are supposed to beat doesn't really help with recruiting.

10 minutes ago, AU64 said:

The best days of your life......well, at least when you get to my age you will look back at them that way  :)    I have two grandchildren who will be juniors in college next year too....a bit of a generational divide but I hope you are enjoying AU and doing well.. :thumbsup:

Actually transferred to ministry school! Thank you for the well wishes. Best of luck to your grandchildren! War Eagle.

Archived