Official Postgame thread

TAYLORKEETON

3 minutes ago, Moriarty88 said:

When I said that we should not get in a bidding war over Gus and pay him 7 million a year before the contract was signed, I got all kind of crap on this board.  I hope that those who called me out can see why I felt that way.

I said he shouldn't get a raise period, but shouldn't be fired. Now I think not only should there be no raise, he should be fired before he gets home. 

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GoAU said:

But I thought they didn't matter?

When did I say they didn't matter for Auburn? They don't freaking matter to the guys going to the NFL next year. They could care less. For Auburn it is important. Learn the distinction. If KJ goes to the NFL, do you think this game is going to matter one damn IOTA to him or NFL GMs?

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

A talented and well coached team beat us. It just kills some of you to give UCF any credit. 

Auburn had no business losing to UCF. 

We beat 2 #1 teams in 3 weeks, and played Clemson tough (even though we looked bad in that game too). 

Who did UCF beat during the regular season? Hell, they needed 2 OTs to beat Memphis. 

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

We are NOT better. They just beat us. Our players did not give enough effort and did not play well for no good reason. Talent also encompasses a will to win and UCF had more of that than AU has had all year with the exception of 2 games. 

Oh i definitely know winning is all about the want to , Auburn consistently lacks the want to . Top 10 recruiting class after top 10 recruiting class with nothing to show for it but a Birmingham Bowl trophy 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

NO JS looked horrible. He has played enough games to know better than what he showed today. I don't want to hear any excuses for him. He has faced Clemson, Bama, LSU and UGA. He should be ready for UCF

Not making excuses for JS but the blocking was beyond horrible. The only receiver that was getting separation was Hastings and add in the fact that we simply could not run the ball..

Dag, McPeepants..   Take your childish bickering to PM's.   Any more of it, and you're both gone for the day.

Just now, AuMarine said:

Not making excuses for JS but the blocking was beyond horrible. The only receiver that was getting separation was Hastings and add in the fact that we simply could not run the ball..

Blocking was bad. I won't deny that one bit

11 minutes ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

Let’s be honest no one here wanted to play this game either

That's just a weak azz excuse!

Just now, AuMarine said:

Yeah i agree i give JS a pass considering our offense line looked the Group of 5 offensive line 

6 minutes ago, hutchids said:

they're a rent-a-win program. Auburn should be better every year.

That's immaterial to today, and to what kind of team they have been this year. They are very good. Today they were better than AU in every way. Your attitude is the same one the team had and look where it got them. UCF deserves respect for this win.

Fantastic day throwing straight to a linebacker for a pick 6 and floating ball up to end the game with Hasting open over the middle one on one . 

You can disagree but guess it doesn't to much to impress you . 

2 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

James is slower than molasses at RT. I didn't see much effort at all from any of the OL all day.  Pathetic. 

Braden Smith got worked, at least on one play. 

Got beat fair and square. There was no excuse. Which means that we were out coached. Our player are supposed to be better by far. That is frustrating when you just paid a coach 7 mill and on paper you are better in every way. Wow.

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I don't get all the hand wringing.  It's a bowl game that literally has zero meaning.   Four teams are playing in games that matter.  Everyone else just got a nice trip and some consolation prizes.  How I or anyone else feels about the season shouldn't change based on a glorified exhibition.

Like many others, I don't think you know what the word "literally" means.  It's a huge recruiting tool.

Harbaugh and Gus lost today in poorly coached / played games.....couple of the highest paid coaches....with any luck Nick will go down which would be a trifecta of coaching failures ....

5 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

I can give you $49M reasons why he isn't going anywhere.

The money he is about to cost the program with (more) multiple 5 loss or worse seasons would pay his buyout in 1 year. It's worth it right now to fire him. A real coach would make the program an additional 25-50 mil a year in profit. Gus will lose the program money. No question it's worth it today to fire him iyam. 

14 minutes ago, Roos said:

I think UCF played low-life, cheatin football.

There was more than 3 clips not called, 2 targeting only 1 called, and several personal fouls not called.

I cannot stand a bunch of cheaters and low-lifes and that is all they are.

Are you A4E's brother? :-\

6 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I don't get all the hand wringing.  It's a bowl game that literally has zero meaning.   Four teams are playing in games that matter.  Everyone else just got a nice trip and some consolation prizes.  How I or anyone else feels about the season shouldn't change based on a glorified exhibition.

I agree with the glorified exhibition part, it still sucks to get embarrassed by our coach in front of a national audience.  We just bought 7 more years of this

2 minutes ago, MCPeePants said:

Like many others, I don't think you know what the word "literally" means.  It's a huge recruiting tool.

Ya it’s not the Pro Bowl, the team, coaches, and fans want to win the game. I don’t get the whole bowl game means nothing, that’s just not true.

Archived