Official Postgame thread

TAYLORKEETON

6 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I disagree I think Stidham had a fantastic day considering how much pressure he was under.  They out played us it’s really that simple

Fantastic day throwing straight to a linebacker for a pick 6 and floating ball up to end the game with Hasting open over the middle one on one . Fumbling in there territory . 

Really ??!! Fantastic !!!! 

Wait were you being sarcastic ?

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, GoAU said:

As much as everyone wants to skewer Gus, this game was lost in the trenches.  Preparedness wasn`t the issue today, execution was.  This was the same O line that beat UGA and Bama., they didn't show up.

All coaching.  All planning.  Going out running the same garbage that UCF watched for over a month.  Players can't execute when the other team knows exactly what you are running.  Even the announcers were calling our plays.  Gus is such an offensive genius.  

This is nothing big for us. I dont expect the team to come out to play a UCF team that has reached the top level they are going to. We expect to play in the playoffs, not bowls below that. These mean nothing anymore. If they did, kids wouldn’t sit out of them. War Eagle.

Just now, MCPeePants said:

Like many others, I don't think you know what the word "literally" means.  It's a huge recruiting tool.

Like many others, I don't think you know what the word "literally" means.  It's a huge recruiting tool.

No, ;what he meant was that the game did not become important until we lost.  

If AU would have somehow pulled the game out, there would be a bunch of ho-hums on here and probably some  gripes because we did not win by enough.     As someone noted way back...this was a no-win game.....and we just made it worse than that by the way the team played. 

Just now, WarEagleFromHoover said:

I already know how this day goes 

auburn loses to UCF

while uGa and bamma win big smh 

Damn. There were 3 things I wanted to happen today. Please don't let me be 0/3!

7 minutes ago, Altima said:

and we made not 1 adjustment...

solid coaching...

The announcers mentioned Auburn did not have a 1st down for 16 continuous minutes in the 2nd half.  Gus gets the lead and does exactly what he did in the LSU game, goes into his Gus-shell.  The man has no fire in his belly, his preparation is all he has, if that’s not enough we’re screwed.  He is not a game day coach. This is the same way he prepared and coached in the 2015 bowl against Wisky. The man has no clue.

We are in trouble against Washington in Atlanta next year.  Very depressing.

2 minutes ago, bmartin3228 said:

Fantastic day throwing straight to a linebacker for a pick 6 and floating ball up to end the game with Hasting open over the middle one on one . 

You can disagree but guess it doesn't to much to impress you . 

I keep seeing Stidham's name mentioned in articles discussing AU players that might declare for the NFL. I didn't like his performance today by a longshot, but is there any reality in him going to the NFL this year? I just do not see it. Maybe it is just sports writers needing more names to fill up a short article. Anyone have any decent info on this at all?

1 minute ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

This is nothing big for us. I dont expect the team to come out to play a UCF team that has reached the top level they are going to. We expect to play in the playoffs, not bowls below that. These mean nothing anymore. If they did, kids wouldn’t sit out of them. War Eagle.

I do think a better (even if non-playoff) bowl/opponent would have interested us. Maybe against ND or OSU, for example. 

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

This bowl means nothing. Move on.

OK....I've done that.....so when is the first conference basketball game?  

2 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Damn. There were 3 things I wanted to happen today. Please don't let me be 0/3!

Well get the whiskey ready my friend cause this is the life of an Auburn fan 

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

This bowl means nothing. Move on.

Every job means something when you are literally paid MILLIONS to do it. You’d better be damn good at what you and give it everything you’ve got every chance you get. 

Not only could we not block, but we started the run on 1st and 2nd down/pass on 3rd mess that usually ends in 3 and outs...and often did.  Just embarrassing. 

Heck, the first offensive play of the game, we sent everyone deep with no check downs...Result? Sack...just like the first few games of the year. It's like Gus hadn't learned anything all season. 

How does any game, ever, mean nothing?

BTW, I apologize bro. Shouldn't have let my emotions get the best of me

6 minutes ago, bmartin3228 said:

Fantastic day throwing straight to a linebacker for a pick 6 and floating ball up to end the game with Hasting open over the middle one on one . 

You can disagree but guess it doesn't to much to impress you . 

And the play before he had NCM moving away from the defender toward the middle of the field OPEN! He threw it out of bounds. His vision and broken play ability needs some work. 

Maybe next season!

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The announcers mentioned Auburn did not have a 1st down for 16 continuous minutes in the 2nd half.  Gus gets the lead and does exactly what he did in the LSU game, goes into his Gus-shell.  The man has no fire in his belly, his preparation is all he has, if that’s not enough we’re screwed.  He is not a game day coach. This is the same way he prepared and coached in the 2015 bowl against Wisky. The man has no clue.

We are in trouble against Washington in Atlanta next year.  Very depressing.

I agree on that...there was no prevent defense played by UCF and then all of the sudden our little sideline screens disappeared and we started going vertical---but only after the game was in serious doubt.

What did we give up, 35 sacks this year? Need a serious evaluation at that position. Coaching and personnel. I'm surprised they didn't respond after getting whooped like Georgia did against us. It starts and ends up front and it's been a tough year. 

Just now, DAG said:

BTW, I apologize bro. Shouldn't have let my emotions get the best of me

No love lost here, ever.  You call it like you see it; I do the same.  I'm more sunshine-shaded.  I appreciate your realness.

How does any game, ever, mean nothing?

We win: “Well of course you were supposed to win, it’s UCF”

We lose: “Gus sucks. Stidham sucks. We’re in trouble next year.” 

Bowl games that arent aren’t the playoffs don’t mean a thing unless you’re a midmajor team. If we had won the Peach Bowl do you know what we would’ve gotten? A trophy. Maybe a ring for the guys? Cool. Means a lot right? 

Just now, Randman5000 said:

What did we give up, 35 sacks this year? Need a serious evaluation at that position. Coaching and personnel. I'm surprised they didn't respond after getting whooped like Georgia did against us. It starts and ends up front and it's been a tough year. 

Half of them are self-inflicted TBH. Yes the offensive line needs work, but Stidham does too

Just now, CCTAU said:

And the play before he had NCM moving away from the defender toward the middle of the field OPEN! He threw it out of bounds. His vision and broken play ability needs some work. 

Maybe next season!

He needs a good quarterback coach. 

Archived