Official Postgame thread

TAYLORKEETON

4 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

I agree with the glorified exhibition part, it still sucks to get embarrassed by our coach in front of a national audience.  We just bought 7 more years of this

And to most folks, that's a monster overreaction.  You think people were calling for Saban's head after they lost to Utah?  Or Oklahoma with Bob Stoops and the myriad of big games he lost?

Again, and this is a personal thing, I just have a hard time getting worked about a bowl game.  If this were September, I'd be furious.  But as it stands, the only reason to go to non-playoff bowl game as a fan is if the destination is somewhere fun (like NOLA last year).  And once there, I just want to party.  If we win, great, but it's not a big deal either way.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

OK....I've done that.....so when is the first conference basketball game?  

Tomorrow baby! Road to the tourney!

2 minutes ago, au701948 said:

I keep seeing Stidham's name mentioned in articles discussing AU players that might declare for the NFL. I didn't like his performance today by a longshot, but is there any reality in him going to the NFL this year? I just do not see it. Maybe it is just sports writers needing more names to fill up a short article. Anyone have any decent info on this at all?

He'd be lucky to get a free agent deal right now. He's not going pro. Pros don't pay players that are 1-4 in big road games and a big part of the reason for the 4 losses. He will improve his stock next year (if he doesn't get beat out which he very well could). No way he goes pro this year. 

9 minutes ago, MCPeePants said:

Like many others, I don't think you know what the word "literally" means.  It's a huge recruiting tool.

That game literally had zero meaning for conference standings or playoffs.  Tell me how that's wrong.  Also, do you realmy think we are losing recruits because we lost a bowl game?  That's not how recruiting works at all.

Just now, FoundationEagle said:

He will improve his stock next year (if he doesn't get beat out which he very well could)

You’re kidding right? 

2 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

I do think a better (even if non-playoff) bowl/opponent would have interested us. Maybe against ND or OSU, for example. 

I agree. I do not know what specific agreements are made that put us in the !%#**@ Peach Bowl and sent LSU  and South Carolina to Florida for the Holidays. I am sorry we didn't have the coaching to spur the players ability to overcome the lack of interest. Let's be true to ourselves, as much as I hate to say it too, none of us fans wanted to return to Atlanta again this year to this game.  

4 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

We win: “Well of course you were supposed to win, it’s UCF”

We lose: “Gus sucks. Stidham sucks. We’re in trouble next year.” 

Bowl games that arent aren’t the playoffs don’t mean a thing unless you’re a midmajor team. If we had won the Peach Bowl do you know what we would’ve gotten? A trophy. Maybe a ring for the guys? Cool. Means a lot right? 

That was a lose lose situation for us.

We all wanted to get to 11 wins and momentum going into the off season. You know that we can't give certain people any thing to negatively recruit against us. Especially with two rivals in the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

And to most folks, that's a monster overreaction.  You think people were calling for Saban's head after they lost to Utah?  Or Oklahoma with Bob Stoops and the myriad of big games he lost?

Again, and this is a personal thing, I just have a hard time getting worked about a bowl game.  If this were September, I'd be furious.  But as it stands, the only reason to go to non-playoff bowl game as a fan is if the destination is somewhere fun (like NOLA last year).  And once there, I just want to party.  If we win, great, but it's not a big deal either way.

At which point did those two have (3) 4 loss or more seasons in a row?  Fans have a right to be extremely pissed about a 4-5 loss coach getting a 75 percent raise and a 7 year deal. 

3 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

He'd be lucky to get a free agent deal right now. He's not going pro. Pros don't pay players that are 1-4 in big road games and a big part of the reason for the 4 losses. He will improve his stock next year (if he doesn't get beat out which he very well could). No way he goes pro this year. 

My thoughts also. Just wondered.

At which point did those two have (3) 4 loss or more seasons in a row?  Fans have a right to be extremely pissed about a 4-5 loss coach getting a 75 percent raise and a 7 year deal. 

Ten wins and still disappointed. Would still have been okay losing in the playoffs

6 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Auburn had no business losing to UCF. 

We beat 2 #1 teams in 3 weeks, and played Clemson tough (even though we looked bad in that game too). 

Who did UCF beat during the regular season? Hell, they needed 2 OTs to beat Memphis. 

That still doesn't mean that UCF has no talent. They do. They have enough to get the job done.  And they had excellent coaching. UGA and bammer had the same attitude that AU had today and they got beat. I'm not convinced that bammer is a great team anyway. Their schedule was very favorable. AU is not a great team because they failed to play to the best of their abilities too many times. UCF is the better team today because they brought it on every play with all they had. It's not always strictly about physical abilities. 

Just now, MCPeePants said:

Where's the joke here?  You've seen Malzahn's offense under 100% DT QB, right?

I will ban myself if Jarrett Stidham loses his job to Malik Willis or Joey Gatewood. You people are actually crazy. Somebody screenshot this please. 

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

You’re kidding right? 

About which part?  He could get beat out by Gateway. If he doesn't he will likely improve his stock over what it is right now. Maybe not much, but I'd bet he atleast starts making better decisions which would improve his stock. Of course he may lose 6 games next year so who knows

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

I will ban myself if Jarrett Stidham loses his job to Malik Willis or Joey Gatewood. You people are actually crazy. Somebody screenshot this please. 

:thumbsup: 

1 minute ago, FoundationEagle said:

We had a two loss regular season. We had the ability to play 14, not 13, games because we won the West.  That also means playing an extra quality opponent that would otherwise not have been on the schedule.  There's a monster difference between 10-4 the way we did it vs 9-4 the way South Carolina did it.

About which part?  He could get beat out by Gateway. If he doesn't he will likely improve his stock over what it is right now. Maybe not much, but I'd bet he atleast starts making better decisions which would improve his stock. Of course he may lose 6 games next year so who knows

Gatewood isn’t going to come in as a true freshman and beat Jarrett.. There is no way. 

Gatewood isn’t going to come in as a true freshman and beat Jarrett.. There is no way. 

It's like people forget Stidham just won the West.

1 minute ago, WarEagleFromHoover said:

As we should , we’re invested fans 

Are you implying that fans that can’t get hyped about a 12:30 Peach Bowl game against UCF aren’t invested? 

@Brad_ATX I appreciate you being a voice of reason in this thread. This fanbase goes absolutely bonkers when we lose a game. 

It's not about losing, it's the lack of preparation, motivation and adjustments.  It's the lack of developing and using players. It's the predictable play calling.

It's not the players. It's the lack of coaching that's frustrating. 

How motivated do you honestly think the players were in this game after playing 3 out of the 4 teams currently in the playoffs (one of them twice) and beating two of them, only to land in this game?  A lot of teams look deflated in bowl games, and I would think that would be especially true in Auburn's case after sniffing the playoffs and having to face so many top teams during the season. 

Do you guys seriously think Stidham ever sniffs a play in the NFL? On another note....the good thing about the Malzahn contract is that, as soon as my son graduates and I no longer have to pay tuition, NONE of the $40+ million will come from me.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

It's like people forget Stidham just won the West.

Nah he had a bad game and a true freshman is going to come in and take his job. Crazy. 

Archived