Official Postgame thread

TAYLORKEETON

Just now, DAG said:

O-Line has talent but they are missing that nasty streak that they had with Grimes, IMO. Herb Hand seems very knowledgeable and I do believe our boys have learned a great deal from him in terms of knowledge, but something is lacking. CLEARLY.

I wonder if it is the scheme? zone blocking? 

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, WarEagleFromHoover said:

This is only in the moment I’m sure they’ll be over it soon 

Hope so.  Our hoops team deserves some love and baseball is just around the corner!

9 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I will ban myself if Jarrett Stidham loses his job to Malik Willis or Joey Gatewood. You people are actually crazy. Somebody screenshot this please. 

Do you still think Herb is a good OL coach?

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

He probably will get the job but I don't think it's certain....and if not, Clayton we are gonna miss you. 

I’ll miss you too 64. I’ll be going into my junior year of school by that point anyway. :dunno:

Just now, AuMarine said:

I wonder if it is the scheme? zone blocking? 

Sometimes, it is just want to. Like I said, with Grimes our O-Line were dogs!! They were physical and mean. This group of guys, attitude wise, seemed very soft. They knew positions. They seemed to mentally know what to do, but they just don't seem angry enough at times. They stand around the pile. I hardly see any pancakes with them, EVER. Braden Smith is the only one. #18, as good as he is, had no business making them look that way. You would've thought Von Miller was out there.

2 minutes ago, hooverwareagle1 said:

Would love to hear some of the real coaches on this board weigh in.  It looked like our OL got totally dominated.  How does that happen against UCF?  I think the team was not prepared to play.  Really didn't want to be here.  That's where the HC has to come up with a way to motivate.  We were not motivated today.  So do we have some poor coaching or do we just not have a coach that can motivate?  Or both?  Looked similar to AU football games over Gus' career.  I have no idea how this team beat UGA and bammer.

We need a fiery player like Cam. He ignited the whole team of under talented guys into a Natty. Stidham doesn't have that personality or charisma. AU needs someone...either a coach or a player....to make them give a damn when they don't feel like it.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Do you still think Herb is a good OL coach?

I genuinely would love to see all the posts where I have said he’s a good OL coach. Can you find all my posts where I have said Herb Hand is a good OL coach? TIA.

9 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

It's like people forget Stidham just won the West.

That was three games ago. What bas he done since? 

2 minutes ago, hutchids said:

or the NFL, which should be the big driver for him. Lot's of money in him living up to his potential on the field. And before anyone says it, yes I know his name was tied to the nfl this year, but for all that hype he was only list as the 12th best prospect. That was also before his 3 turnover day today. 

He has the size and look as an NFL QB. GMs love that, but right now, he would be Blain Gabbert 2.0

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

I genuinely would love to see all the posts where I have said he’s a good OL coach. Can you find all my posts where I have said Herb Hand is a good OL coach? TIA.

You basically mocked people who said he wasn’t just like how you’re calling people crazy now...

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If the players poop the bed so what, you telling me the coach is under performing year in and year out? Intentionally? Bad habits 

Lets look at all the bowl games then:

2013 - lost in last minute for natty.  We were ready; just blew it.

2014 - lost in OT.

2015 - blew out an undermanned team

2016 - got crushed by a far superior team in a bowl we had no business being in (8-4 doesn't deserve a NY6 game).  Awful matchup for us all around.

2017 - lost to an inferior team.

So once, maybe twice we haven't really shown up in a bowl under Gus.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

You basically mocked people who said he wasn’t just like how you’re calling people crazy now...

I asked if he was still subpar at recruiting in the one thread with Gouraige. Got anything else? 

The lack of nasty attitude likely filters down from the top.  Gus doesn't have it.  Gotta have someone around to light some fires on the sidelines or in the locker room. Chew some butts occasionally.

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

He basically got the job by default this year..... but I'm thinking that won't be the case next year.  He probably will get the job but I don't think it's certain....and if not, Clayton we are gonna miss you. 

I think he won the job outright. We didn't have anyone on our roster that is as good as Stidham. He literally balled out against UGA (first time) and bama and that is because our OLine play was good.. So basically when we can block and run the ball.. Stidham can do great things in the passing game.. when we can't. well we usually lose.  No way a freshman comes in and takes his job. I do not see how Stidham couldn't be the starter next year.. .. I hope Willis pushes him to make he better. 

1 minute ago, johnnyAU said:

The lack of nasty attitude likely filters down from the top.  Gus doesn't have it.  Gotta have someone around to light some fires on the sidelines or in the locker room. Chew some butts occasionally.

!!!!!!!

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

I asked if he was still subpar at recruiting in the one thread with Gouraige. Got anything else? 

You said “Herb still subpar” just because Gouraige is looking at Auburn. Quit calling people crazy dude. 

And yes, Herb is subpar, if that answers your question. 

3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I’ll miss you too 64. I’ll be going into my junior year of school by that point anyway. :dunno:

The best days of your life......well, at least when you get to my age you will look back at them that way  :)    I have two grandchildren who will be juniors in college next year too....a bit of a generational divide but I hope you are enjoying AU and doing well.. :thumbsup:

It makes me feel so much better to watch the first 5 minutes of the Rose bowl and see multiple plays we couldn't make against UCF. 

Freshman Jake Fromm got UGA driving. Sorry @AU64, You are being a gentleman with JS. Call it how it is. Kid needs to be better. Yes, I know about the offensive line, but missing wide open guys, terrible reads today, turnovers, it hurts us badly.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

You said “Herb still subpar” just because Gouraige is looking at Auburn. Quit calling people crazy dude. 

And yes, Herb is subpar, if that answers your question. 

So... still nothing? Thanks man. :hellyeah: 

Archived