Auburn just broke a huge mirror

NorthGATiger

7 years of bad luck.  A long long seven years.  Like every game we play in we saw the same game plan that we see in every game.  Nothing changes.  It's bad when we have to listen to Brock friggin Huard call our plays and tell the world how to determine pre snap what Auburn is running.  TOTAL CLOWN SHOW.  And for you pumpers that want to blame the players; you can't execute when a team watches your plays for a month and you go out and run the exact same tendencies you have for 5 years now.  Gus only knows his little scheme and that is it.  If it does not work he has a jammed gun and no idea how to fix it.  I can't believe we have 7 years of this.  

Mark my words, Auburn will not be great again until we run a different offense.  You can't just bring in a guy to call Gus' plays.  They don't work anymore.  This offense needs an overhaul.  Different formations, different schemes, different identity, different route concepts where we don't have 3 WR's within 7 yards of each other.  

Best kicker in the country and Gus gets cute with the pooch kick.  I pray someone asks him about that disaster.  The wins over UGA and Bama were great but we now find ourselves as the joke of college football.  We just paid 49 million guaranteed for a Chevy Lumina.   

Kudos to Hastings for playing his heart out and taking some brutal shots.  

42 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

7 years of bad luck.  A long long seven years.  Like every game we play in we saw the same game plan that we see in every game.  Nothing changes.  It's bad when we have to listen to Brock friggin Huard call our plays and tell the world how to determine pre snap what Auburn is running.  TOTAL CLOWN SHOW.  And for you pumpers that want to blame the players; you can't execute when a team watches your plays for a month and you go out and run the exact same tendencies you have for 5 years now.  Gus only knows his little scheme and that is it.  If it does not work he has a jammed gun and no idea how to fix it.  I can't believe we have 7 years of this.  

Mark my words, Auburn will not be great again until we run a different offense.  You can't just bring in a guy to call Gus' plays.  They don't work anymore.  This offense needs an overhaul.  Different formations, different schemes, different identity, different route concepts where we don't have 3 WR's within 7 yards of each other.  

Best kicker in the country and Gus gets cute with the pooch kick.  I pray someone asks him about that disaster.  The wins over UGA and Bama were great but we now find ourselves as the joke of college football.  We just paid 49 million guaranteed for a Chevy Lumina.   

It won't last seven years. Recruiting is already beginning to decline. I give him two, tops, and we will be paying another guy not to coach. Auburn has done some terrible management of the athletic department in my lifetime, but giving this idiot 7×7,000,000 is beyond dumb!

What can I say...Stupid, stupid, stupid administration! Gus gets an extension and a huge contract. He is fine. He gets his money! 

We Auburn fans are totally screwed again. I am so disgusted!!!

What a frigging embarrassment!!!

Good gravy I hope you are wrong.  Told my son after beating bama I am not back on the bus til we start off a season knowing what we are doing.  

That was 'inspired coaching' after that kinda raise?

53 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

that's a unnecessary shot at Luminas

1 hour ago, NorthGATiger said:

More like a yugo or a amc pacer.

1 hour ago, NorthGATiger said:

You are 100% correct sir .  Recruiting is going to start taking a big hit . For remain 5 slot and also put a bad taste in mouth of next years recruit . Not just because of the lose but how discombobulated we looked . 

Players need to make plays and play with the same focus as they have shown. Today's game was more on their play and less on coaching and schematics. That said I don't expect much better than 10 or 11 wins between now and when he's no longer the coach at AU.

Well.   I guess we can strategically plan for the next coach if this is the best a 7 million dollar Coach M has to offer.   And yes he said we were ready!   Glad we didn't need to make any halftime adjustments.   Things were certainly clicking going into the half, huh? :-\

2 hours ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Gus made the statement "we are ready for this game" to the lady on the field who stopped him before the game. If this. is them being ready, then we are truly doomed.

That may be the problem.  In Gus’ mind, they were ready for that game.  He may have thought the players and his coaches had done everything in their power to prep those guys and scheme for a solid, dominating win.:dunno:

The entire Auburn fan base must have collectively walked under a ladder, broken a mirror, and spilled a jar of salt. It's a real effed up universe where we beat both of our rivals and then see both of those rivals make it in the playoffs while we get mugged by a high school team after shelling out $7 million to a high school coach from Wal-Martville.

3 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Players need to make plays and play with the same focus as they have shown. Today's game was more on their play and less on coaching and schematics. That said I don't expect much better than 10 or 11 wins between now and when he's no longer the coach at AU.

You have a point. That said, it's only a piece of the puzzle. You still have to scheme a game plan. You still have to adjust. You still have to coach the players during the game. Gus doesn't do that though. He sticks with his initial plan and doesn't adjust, even when the execution isn't there. He will run into a brick wall until he busts it through, instead of running around it. It's maddening.

Archived